Buffalo Bills to wear white jerseys at home this Sunday

Buffalo

And do it quick, before the Chargers beat you there and you're stuck in a failing marketplace.

Back to the original tangent, my own personal rule is this - teams with light colored helmets should wear pants to match. Always.

So in my opinion the Colts should always wear white pants, even if that incidentally results in an all-white look.

If a team with dark helmets and white home pants, such as the Bears, wants to add dark pants for the road, I don't have a problem with that. But white helmet/white jersey/dark pants looks really goofy to my eyes.

With all due respect, your own 'personal rule' is an utter bunch of shít. spidey_sorry.gif

Keep it classy ART.

3MLoa.png

The more I look at it, the more I like it. They could only ever be worn on the road, though.

That does look sweet. The only problem I can see is that once they add the option of green pants it's just a matter of time before we see it paired with the green jersey.

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'll never understand why some people think white-on-white is a great look, yet color-on-color is bad. Monochrome is monochrome whetheter it's in black, white, red, blue, green, etc.

With that said, I wouldn't want to see the Packers wear green-on green. I think their home uniforms fall into the untouchable category. Their road unis don't have the same prestige to me, so green pants could be swapped in every once in a while. Just don't go all green inside "The Frozen Tundra".

The Bills would look pretty sharp wearing blue on blue IMO

Hotter Than July > Thriller

I'll never understand why some people think white-on-white is a great look, yet color-on-color is bad. Monochrome is monochrome whetheter it's in black, white, red, blue, green, etc.

With that said, I wouldn't want to see the Packers wear green-on green. I think their home uniforms fall into the untouchable category. Their road unis don't have the same prestige to me, so green pants could be swapped in every once in a while. Just don't go all green inside "The Frozen Tundra".

yeah, the kinda did that already... for years. Most fans didn't think "sharp".

yeah, the kinda did that already... for years. Most fans didn't think "sharp".

I thought it was obvious that I was referring to the Bill new/current uniform set.

Hotter Than July > Thriller

With all due respect, your own 'personal rule' is an utter bunch of shít. spidey_sorry.gif

Keep it classy ART.

>>>>>

Now that's rich, coming from you of of all people creatures. chuckle.gif

I like how you edited out the rest of my post and only displayed the part that was said tongue in cheek which 'Gothamite' didn't take any offense to, as I'm sure he knew none was intended judging by the balance of our exchange.

Quit playing backseat mod trying to stirthepot.gif instigate when there isn't anything there.

Keep it classy ART.

>>>>>

Now that's rich, coming from you of of all people creatures.

I don't recall calling anyone's opinion the equivalent of feces. And now you're implying a member you don't like is sub-human. You're such a productive member of this community!

I like how you edited out the rest of my post and only displayed the part that was said tongue in cheek which 'Gothamite' didn't take any offense to, as I'm sure he knew none was intended judging by the balance of our exchange. Quit playing backseat mod...

If Goth didn't find it offensive, then good for him. I don't have to be a mod, or act like a "backseat mod," to understand that calling someone's opinion the equivalent of feces is in bad form. Had you said something like "I respect your opinion but you're wrong" or something like that, that would have been tongue in cheek. Actually saying "you're opinion is s*it"? I'd like to think we as a community are better then that.

blue pants blue pants blue pants emoticons from other boards icecapsucks blue pants emoticons from other boards blue pants icecap sucks emoticons from other boards emoticons from other boards blue pants icecap sucks generally unintelligible blather emoticons from other boards icecap sucks blue pants

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

319511_10150434574915659_72631215658_10800599_763856242_n.jpg

if Billy Buffalo's shorts are any indication the bills might be wearing white pants :-(

At this point I doubt they're ever intending to wear the white pants this season. They exist if Madden is any indication, but it seems that at some point the team decided that they didn't want to go with them.

I'm indifferent to the whole thing. The white-white-navy combo is the one thing I like about the current Chargers set, so white-white-royal for the Bills would be ok. I like the all white though. It makes it seem like the current uniform is mirroring the same kind of "look" as the AFL throwbacks, which still seem pretty popular among the Bills faithful. That is to say that the all white lets the current set look a little more like an "updated classic."

I wouldn't be opposed to the blue pants coming out for a few games, but like the Packers road concept with green pants I'd worry that sooner or later they'd be paired with the blue jerseys. So maybe it's for the best that the Bills just stick to the white pants for now.

joecribbs.jpg

All teams should have 2 pants options (even the Packers, Steelers, and Raiders). The Colts and Lions would look great in blue. I'd throw the Bills in their too, but they already have the blue pants.

Weren't you banned?

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

3MLoa.png

The more I look at it, the more I like it. They could only ever be worn on the road, though.

I really like that, well done. My only complaint is the yellow socks. I think if the Packers were to try something like this once a year, it would be acceptable.

As for 2-color pant option, I've always thought the Cardinals should add a touch of gray to their uniforms and I was never a fan of their red pants.

ARZ.png

joecribbs.jpg

All teams should have 2 pants options (even the Packers, Steelers, and Raiders). The Colts and Lions would look great in blue. I'd throw the Bills in their too, but they already have the blue pants.

Weren't you banned?

Am I missing something?

(On a side note, I think you stumbled upon how to fix the Browns' brown pants problem: Slap some stripes on it.)

They should bring back the orange pants. I was never all that fond of those brown ones.

Agree with that 100%, but if they're gonna stay with the Brown pants, they should at least put some stripes on em.

(On a side note, I think you stumbled upon how to fix the Browns' brown pants problem: Slap some stripes on it.)

They should bring back the orange pants. I was never all that fond of those brown ones.

Agree with that 100%, but if they're gonna stay with the Brown pants, they should at least put some stripes on em.

This thread has been Cleve-jacked!!! .....by Flame??? :blink:

6uXNWAo.png

This thread has been Cleve-jacked!!! .....by Flame??? :blink:

Hey, at least I tried to bring it on-topic in my orignal post! :P

At least this is the end of it & there won't be at least 3 pages of arguing devoted to Cleveland though since one of the primary offenders got the heave-ho. :lol:

319511_10150434574915659_72631215658_10800599_763856242_n.jpg

if Billy Buffalo's shorts are any indication the bills might be wearing white pants :-(

>>>>>

Oh I agree, but not as Billy as the reason.

I have no doubt it'll be white-white-white come Sunday, but since we'zz playin' the J-E-T-S in 3 weeks at Met Life I figured if the Bills don't break out the blue p**ts by that game (kinda to differentiate the games), then it ain't gonna happen this season. FTR I do like the all-whites too, especially the throwback version from 2009. In 1972 and before, I hated them.

What irks many from what I've read and agree with, is we're 4-0 at home in blue, 1-2 on the road in all-whites, 0-2 in preseason in them, and now they're tampering with the very pattern that's been working so well this season ... I'm not even superstitious ,,,,

I just soooo wanna win tomorrow.....

Ice Cap .. do a favoUr please ... get yourself a sense of humoUr, it's only a chat forum ... You're too easy of a windup, and there was no reason for you to instigate with your snide remark and then play the role of the victim ... That was a friendly exchange that you were never even involved in. You're not a mod, and you don't need to constantly dissect everything people write into several separate sections and have a rebuttal for every little detail.

Have a nice day~!

I wouldn't be opposed to the blue pants coming out for a few games, but like the Packers road concept with green pants I'd worry that sooner or later they'd be paired with the blue jerseys. So maybe it's for the best that the Bills just stick to the white pants for now.

Yes, for the love of God, we couldn't see a team actually wear a different combo or two, during a 20 game season.

We must stick with the same home combo and the same road combo for each game and NEVER, EVER, wear a dark colored monochome look. That's just too "flashy" for us uniform dorks, with sticks up our behinds, about how football teams should look.

Geez, some of you need to lighten up. Monochromes are part of all football now and have been for a couple of DECADES now. Get over it and get with the program. Its not going to kill anyone, to see your beloved team you rooted for when you were in PJ's, to actually be creative for once and wear something different.

Archived