what college football team has the oldest unifroms?

kg54mvp1

this is a great question. Alright, let's say now that it must be no changes except for those demanded by the equipment (from, say, long sleeves to short sleeves, or from nike to addidas, etc).

Penn State just removed its white sleeve stripes (and I think the white collar is gone too), so they're out, and Michigan has tweaked a lot.

I hope this gets a definitive answer

I'll respect any opinion that you can defend.

OU and Texas have had their looks for a while, though back in the 70s/80s, neither school had the team name on the front of their jerseys. Several SEC schools seem to have had their looks for a while, too. I'd guess it's probably a team like OU, Texas, Alabama, Auburn, or LSU.

Visit my store on REDBUBBLE

OU and Texas have had their looks for a while, though back in the 70s/80s, neither school had the team name on the front of their jerseys. Several SEC schools seem to have had their looks for a while, too. I'd guess it's probably a team like OU, Texas, Alabama, Auburn, or LSU.

Eliminate Auburn. For a short period in the 1990's they had orange shadow on the numbers. And this year they changed the pants stripe ever-so-slightly.

tacobell.jpg

Yes, I root for teams all over the place. And I apparently favor birds.

The schools I can think of that have made minimal to no changes in a long period time are the following:

USC

Texas

Oklahoma

Nebraska

Notre Dame

Penn State

Alabama

If any of these have made major changes in recent years, I can't remember. They all seem to have enduring looks.

Back-to-Back Fatal Forty Champion 2015 & 2016

Notre Dame has had tons of minor adjustments on the jersey. They've traded the sleeve "ND" for sleeve numbers a few times, dropped the number outlines, brought them back. Faust lightened the blue (to royal-ish) and added sleeve stripes in the 80's. In the 90's they had cuff stripes, and (if I'm not crazy) a road jesey side panel!

Helmet and pants have stayed relatively unchanged, though... unless you count finish and materials, which would make this whole question moot, I think.

Close. The road side panel was worn in 2001.

a_arnaz_i.jpg

I might be the only person, but I liked the gold side panels. I own this jersey. I loved how it had the shamrock on the collar. I wish they'd bring that element back to the roads. Not to mention I prefer this gold to the new golden domes. I don't think it looks bad. Especially in the picture above. The new ones are so sparkly that they make the matte pants look terrible.

11nd-battle3-092102-lg.jpg

Archived