NHL franchise relocation

JayMac

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Phoenix has to be the next franchise to move, aren't they?

Why would they be the next to go? Just because nobody will buy them and the city of Glendale has to pay the NHL in order to keep them from folding doesen't mean they are moving.

Kharma says that once they get solid ownership and start winning they'll move to Quebec and win the Stanley Cup.

Why would they be the next to go? Just because nobody will buy them and the city of Glendale has to pay the NHL $25 million every year in order to keep them from folding doesen't mean they are moving.

Sorry, just had to include the amount, which raises farce to tragedy.

Say it with me, kids: OUTGDNHL.

Sorry if this topic is beating a dead horse.

it's beyond beating a DEAD horse, it's now to the point of taking it to the glue factory to make Elmer's Glue.

That's certainly never stopped anyone here, including the older posters.

Milwaukee, while definitely a logical choice, will never come up for serious discussion as long as the Bucks are around. And my preference for college hockey (and pretty much college anything) makes me not want the NHL as long as the possibility of UWM adding ice hockey exists.

I actually think an NHL franchise increases the likelihood that the panthers add hockey, if only to spark further interest in the sport.

Perhaps, but the presence of the Bucks, Marquette, Madison (to some extent) and City Conference hoops hasn't exactly helped our basketball program.

Why? I dont want to hear the whole " Phoenix is not a hockey area, hockey has no place in the desert line that is used time and time again." The fact is, Phoenix is a money town, many "Northerners" have relocated to the great southwest and in turn brought the hockey love with them.

DLWatt.png

Why? I dont want to hear the whole " Phoenix is not a hockey area, hockey has no place in the desert line that is used time and time again." The fact is, Phoenix is a money town, many "Northerners" have relocated to the great southwest and in turn brought the hockey love with them.

Then where are those relocated moneytowners at games? Poor excuse.

If anything it's not the hockey market issue, but rather the fact that it's the easiest to relocate since The League has control.

You know, I could point to the parlous attendance numbers (including the last few seasons in which you had the best teams in Phoenix history playing) or the fact that the Coyotes need a $25 million annual taxpayer subsidy to...um....be slightly less in the red as signs as to why this team should move, but I'm going to trot this out instead.

On Friday, November 25th, the Coyotes will have a "Leftover Fest" as they host the Canucks. Fans in attendance will receive promotional items left over from previous games, because the giveaway was supposed to be for the first 10,000 fans, but 10,000 fans never showed up.

Move this :censored: ing team. Now. This is indefensible and inexcusable.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Archived