2011 NBA Free Agency

hettinger_rl

I can see that. Nobody likes a massive glut of blob, but I blame that more on the league's need for contraction/lack of talent.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

• Replies 430
  • Created
  • Last Reply

First off I think NFL parity is something of a myth. Look at the winners of the Superbowl over the last 10-15 years and the same names keep cropping up. But I don't think making a parity league is a good thing. The NFL works because everybody CAN win, not because everybody DOES win. (Odd that the unparity MLB has seen a greater churn of champions than the NFL). The NBA doesn't want to end non parity, it wants to make it less about the money, more about the professional building of a winning team. Gradual rather than sudden building of teams. But there will always been franchises in a different league as far as draw for players. Does anyone seriously think that the Clippers could have built a championshipo team the way the Celtics did, in one off season on the back of one trade, one free agency signing and one established player? Does anyone think the Hornets would have enough draw to do something like that? or the Bobcats? PLayers are attracted to historic 'name' franchises, in big markets, thats just a fact of life.

(The Heat had a championship in their history, and pretty good recent history of challenging!)

Wembley-1.png

2011/12 WFL Champions

Chris Paul had indicated that the chances of him re-signing with the Clippers or the Warriors would increase if they signed Tyson Chandler. However, talks are cooling down with both teams because the Clippers won't include Eric Gordon and the Warriors won't include Steph Curry

Chris Paul had indicated that the chances of him re-signing with the Clippers or the Warriors would increase if they signed Tyson Chandler. However, talks are cooling down with both teams because the Clippers won't include Eric Gordon and the Warriors won't include Steph Curry

The Hornets seem to think they're the ones negotiating from the position of strength, even though they're desperate to move CP3 by the deadline. I had heard talks have cooled with the Warriors, but nothing like that from the Clippers, as we have enough assets to keep shuffling them around and making different offers. The Warriors' offer is basically set in stone.

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

30at1jl.jpg

Also, the Hawks have signed Tracy McGrady & Jason Collins. Both are pretty much done for depth. I'm really hoping that they do the rumored Crawford-for-Brewer-&-Asik deal with the Bulls that's been floating around.

Also, the Hawks have signed Tracy McGrady & Jason Collins. Both are pretty much done for depth. I'm really hoping that they do the rumored Crawford-for-Brewer-&-Asik deal with the Bulls that's been floating around.

I'm hoping a deal gets done too, but I don't think the Bulls are willing to give up Asik. I've heard Brewer and Korver is the most likely trade, which I'm cool with, I love Crawford and would be ecstatic to see him back in Chicago.

Also, that Eddy Curry pic is hilarious

sigpurp.png

---Owner of the NHA's Philadelphia Quakers, the UBA's Chicago Skyliners, and the CFA's Portland Beavers (2010 CFA2 Champions)---

Heat also rumored to sign Eddy Curry tomorrow as well...

That is a good signing, with Curry around to eat the postgame spread they will make sure the Big Three stay in shape.

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

Eddy Curry entering the ring-chasing portion of his ever-so-illustrious career makes me feel kinda old. I mean, man, he doesn't even deserve to be in the ring-chasing portion of his career! All he's done for the last six seasons is be hurt and fat! He wasn't even that good with the Bulls! Ugh.

I'm being hard on him, and I think I should kind of get to be because he was supposed to be a franchise player for the Bulls and never was, and the way Jerry Reinsdorf ran him out of town was a real bitch move, but Eddy Curry really is an interesting case. It's a funny thing about basketball that there are players in the league who really have no burning desire to be doing this with their lives, but once you get tall enough, it's not so much about you finding the game as it is about the game finding you. I think Curry's real passion was gymnastics. John Amaechi wanted to go into psychology or social work; I think he eventually did.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Eddy Curry entering the ring-chasing portion of his ever-so-illustrious career makes me feel kinda old. I mean, man, he doesn't even deserve to be in the ring-chasing portion of his career! All he's done for the last six seasons is be hurt and fat! He wasn't even that good with the Bulls! Ugh.

I'm being hard on him, and I think I should kind of get to be because he was supposed to be a franchise player for the Bulls and never was, and the way Jerry Reinsdorf ran him out of town was a real bitch move, but Eddy Curry really is an interesting case. It's a funny thing about basketball that there are players in the league who really have no burning desire to be doing this with their lives, but once you get tall enough, it's not so much about you finding the game as it is about the game finding you. I think Curry's real passion was gymnastics. John Amaechi wanted to go into psychology or social work; I think he eventually did.

128755769272206580.jpg

On January 16, 2013 at 3:49 PM, NJTank said:

Btw this is old hat for Notre Dame. Knits Rockne made up George Tip's death bed speech.

I almost wonder - just because you can build a team around two or three guys doesn't mean you should. What happened to building a team well-built in the fundamentals - things like rebounding, foul-shooting, playing defense and the like? You can probably do it cheaper and get a contending team. Defense wins championships, and having a team of 12 defense-first players seems the best way to do it.

LvZYtbZ.png

Looks like Tyson Chandler is about to be a Knick, and Billups/Turiaf will be moved to make room for him. Looks like this takes NY out of the running for Chris Paul in the summer, although rumors are floating around that NY is considering offering Amar'e in a deal for Paul.

ESPN article

Interesting new developments... reserving judgment for the time being.

"The true New Yorker secretly believes that anyone living anywhere else has got to be, in some sense, kidding."

I almost wonder - just because you can build a team around two or three guys doesn't mean you should. What happened to building a team well-built in the fundamentals - things like rebounding, foul-shooting, playing defense and the like? You can probably do it cheaper and get a contending team. Defense wins championships, and having a team of 12 defense-first players seems the best way to do it.

Most superstar players already have great fundamentals; they're just overshadowed by the other stuff. You need superior talent. You can't fake it to the top like you can in hockey. Even the 2004 Pistons had Chauncey Billups and Rasheed Wallace, who we know now were fantastic NBA players.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Paul to the Lakers for Odom and Bynum. W T F

What a :censored: trade. How is that better than Rondo, Green, and two picks? How?

Edit: Apparently it's Gasol and Odom.

The Hornets have started to inform teams that they're sending Chris Paul to the Lakers for Bynum and Odom, league sources tell Y! Sports.

WojYahooNBA Adrian Wojnarowski

Correction: The proposed deal to the Lakers is Chris Paul for Pau Gasol and Lamar Odom, source says.

Archived