2011 NBA Free Agency

hettinger_rl

• Replies 430
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Is Paul-Melo-Amare better than Wade-James-Bosh? I don't know, but I want to see it.

Don't like Amare due to his antics in-&-related to Hawks games last year (and Knicks fans in this area are just unbearable), but that would be too much fun to watch. How do they hold all of those points? :P

In other news, Deron Williams will not sign an extension with the Nets. That likely takes the Nets out of the running in the Dwight Howard sweepstakes.

Williams said this doesn't mean he won't stay with the Nets, its just that with the new CBA it makes more sense for him to opt out after the season then sign a new contract. I know you want to eliminate the Clips competition for Howard, but its jumping the gun to take the Nets out

Is Paul-Melo-Amare better than Wade-James-Bosh? I don't know, but I want to see it.

I'd think so, and for this reason: Chris Bosh. This guy reminds me entirely too much of Chris Webber--you can tell he's talented, has loads of potential, and damn near the same skill set--but for whatever reason he just doesn't quite seem to know how to maximize it. To me, that's a hindrance for the Heat (who also really need to find a bonafide 1-guard, and quick).

So yeah, watching Paul, Amare, and Melo throw down in the mecca of all places...one can only wonder.

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

But Webber in his prime was still better than Bosh in his, if Bosh is indeed in his. Then again, while Webber had a full complement of able teammates in Sacramento, they were never so good that he could disappear amidst them like Bosh can with his. The comparison is apt.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

I'd think so, and for this reason: Chris Bosh. This guy reminds me entirely too much of Chris Webber--you can tell he's talented, has loads of potential, and damn near the same skill set--but for whatever reason he just doesn't quite seem to know how to maximize it. To me, that's a hindrance for the Heat (who also really need to find a bonafide 1-guard, and quick).

So yeah, watching Paul, Amare, and Melo throw down in the mecca of all places...one can only wonder.

Amare really impressed me last year. I did not think brining him in over David Lee was going to work out and that turned out to be dead wrong. The defense is still lacking a little, but for my money he's the best offensive center in the game today.

Carmelo on the other hand I've never been sold on as being an elite player. Sure he can score 25+ a night, but he's also giving up 15+ a night depending on who he's defending. If your playing fantasy basketball Carmelo is one of the best players to have, but I'll take a guy like Luol Deng over him in a second. I just don't see the commitment to both ends of the floor. I think Carmelo is one of if not the most overated player in the NBA today. He's not a bad player but its not a coincidence that teams he's been on where he's the best player on the floor have rarely gotten out of the first round.

Chris Paul I won't say the same thing about. I think Rose has probably taken over the title of best PG in the NBA, but Chris Paul is still right there in that elite category. Great offensive player and one of the very few PG's that can actually play defense.

That being said I'll take the combo of LeBron/Wade and Bosh over Amare/Melo and Paul. Both Wade and Lebron I think are better then the best guy on the Knicks combo which is Chris Paul, and I'll rate Bosh and Melo as about equal.

It's a tossup, in my opinion. The real advantage the Heat have, though, is that Melo and Amare are defensive liabilities (I haven't watched enough Chris Paul to know how well he plays defense) and D-Wade and Lebron are elite defenders.

edit: I disagree with Melo being overrated, though.

IUe6Hvh.png

It's a tossup, in my opinion. The real advantage the Heat have, though, is that Melo and Amare are defensive liabilities (I haven't watched enough Chris Paul to know how well he plays defense) and D-Wade and Lebron are elite defenders.

Paul is an elite defender at his position. Amare I wouldn't consider a defensive liability. Blocks some shots, decent rebounder, terrible one on one. He's certainly not good, but you can do alot worse then him. He's about average I'd say. Carmelo on the other hand is a defensive liability. I'd put him in the bottom five in the league amongst starters for his position on defense. About the only thing preventing him from being a total bust on there is the fact that he can rebound a little. But he can't guard anybody on on one, doesen't steal many passes, doesen't block alot of shots and fouls alot.

But Webber in his prime was still better than Bosh in his, if Bosh is indeed in his. Then again, while Webber had a full complement of able teammates in Sacramento, they were never so good that he could disappear amidst them like Bosh can with his. The comparison is apt.

Bosh always looks scared. Having a head shaped like an ostrich doesn't help.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

Isn't Bosh the same guy that the Heat coach said was crying after some regular season game?

Spoelstra said "guys" were in the locker room crying, but no one was singled out. Bosh was on camera crying after The Finals loss to the Mavs.

I have no problem with guys getting so worked up over a game that it brings them to tears when they lose. We always say we want athletes to care, right?

On January 16, 2013 at 3:49 PM, NJTank said:

Btw this is old hat for Notre Dame. Knits Rockne made up George Tip's death bed speech.

Tears are fine. Tears after losing a huge game is fine.

....but their season wasn't over after that loss. It was just a game.

Also Bosh best represents the whiny entitled mentality that makes so many people loathe the heat. "But but we took less money to win a championship! *stomps foot* I want MY title!! *sniff* I played, I played all those years in Toronto and it was cooooooooooold, boo-hoohoo! It's not fair, it's not FAIR!" etc. It's like sheesh, Chris - you just made a few hundred grand and walked away healthy after a tough game. Why the hell are you crying?

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

Also Bosh best represents the whiny entitled mentality that makes so many people loathe the heat. "But but we took less money to win a championship! *stomps foot* I want MY title!! *sniff* I played, I played all those years in Toronto and it was cooooooooooold, boo-hoohoo! It's not fair, it's not FAIR!" etc. It's like sheesh, Chris - you just made a few hundred grand and walked away healthy after a tough game. Why the hell are you crying?

That was after The Finals.

On January 16, 2013 at 3:49 PM, NJTank said:

Btw this is old hat for Notre Dame. Knits Rockne made up George Tip's death bed speech.

That was after The Finals.

I thought that was a regular season game against the Bulls.

Wordmark_zpsaxgeaoqy.jpg

Isn't Bosh the same guy that the Heat coach said was crying after some regular season game?

Spoelstra said "guys" were in the locker room crying, but no one was singled out. Bosh was on camera crying after The Finals loss to the Mavs.

I have no problem with guys getting so worked up over a game that it brings them to tears when they lose. We always say we want athletes to care, right?

I like it that players care.

It just amuses me.....the mental image that some 7-foot tall guy cries after losing a game.

As I sit here in my heat hat I'll choose lebron/wade over amare/melo/Paul any day of the week. IMO melo is one of the most overrated players in the NBA, an older Chauncey dominated the court while melo fell into mediocrity, melo also gives up in the PLAYOFFS! I've seen it a million times and well see it again. Amare is also much like bosh a player who will let teammates take over and become a very minimal threat, Nash, Melo.

CP3 is a bonified star who will at some point become recognized as one of the best players in the league. (more than he already is)

With that said:

James = Wade > Paul > Stat > Melo > Bosh

Denver Nuggets Kansas City Chiefs Tampa Bay Rays 

Colorado Buffaloes Purdue Boilermakers Florida Gators

As I sit here in my heat hat I'll choose lebron/wade over amare/melo/Paul any day of the week. IMO melo is one of the most overrated players in the NBA, an older Chauncey dominated the court while melo fell into mediocrity, melo also gives up in the PLAYOFFS! I've seen it a million times and well see it again. Amare is also much like bosh a player who will let teammates take over and become a very minimal threat, Nash, Melo.

CP3 is a bonified star who will at some point become recognized as one of the best players in the league. (more than he already is)

With that said:

James = Wade > Paul > Stat > Melo > Bosh

1320422771-lebron-james-heat.jpg

Eagles/Heels/Dawgs/Falcons/Hawks

Archived