Islanders Mish Mash

rosstaylor24

See, this is what an alternate jersey is supposed to look like. It actually has an ALTERNATE logo, not some lame, uninspired collegiate script. This concept is a million times better than the third the team just released.

Props

You know what, never mind an alternate jersey. THIS is the best logo I've seen for the Islanders. You took the good from the fisherman logo, threw out the bad (teal, the net, the wordmark).

My suggestions. Bring back navy blue. Extend the shaft of the stick on the right side of the logo for better balance, and add the tape knob end. perhaps a new, more modern striping pattern. get those lighthouse shoulder logos on there, they were always great.

shamrockles.png

shamrocklescronological.png

I'm a fan. I'm not sold on the colour of his jacket, but other than that, it looks great. I love the four stripes in the background of the logo, too.

CHL-2011ECchamps-HAM.pngHamilton Eagles- 2012 and 2013 Continental Hockey League Champions! CHL-2011ECchamps-HAM.png

2011, 2012, 2013, 2014 & 2015 CHL East Division Champions!

Niagara Dragoons- 2012 United League and CCSLC World Series Champions!
2012, 2013, 2014 and 2015 UL Robinson Division Champions!

Can anyone let me know how to have the graphic show up and not a linc to it?

Thanks for the input. I'll take some more critiques and post a new image showing the suggestions.

I'm not sure how photobucket works, but you can always use tinypic.com

Just upload your picture and it will give you the URL for free. Copy and paste the one that's has "Forums and Messaging Sites" over it. With any picture on the web, you can right click on it, go to properties, and select all of link that "Address URL" beside it, copy it, come back here, and paste the URL inside the button that says "Insert Image". By the way, love the concept and the logo.

2ns84yg.png

10n7yog.png

25krb0y.png

I helped you out by editing your post.

I don't have a photobucket account, so I don't know if there are better options, but under "Share", there's a tab to "Get link code". The IMG codes are what you want.

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ BrandedBehance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

You took my concept. LOL

Nah. Great minds think alike. In my Islanders concept for my "My City Multi-Team" contest entryI incorporated the fisherman in the logo's circle, although I excluded the wordmark, included the island and NY, made his skin orange and clothes blue, and put it on an orange version of the home logo.

I think that the fisherman looks great, and would make a great mascot for the team. The problem with at era's uniforms were the huge change in style and colors, not him. He would be great if brought up to the current classic color set and as an alternate, and I think if done in this style he'd be a welcome addition.

spacer.png

spacer.png

I actually really like this. As most people above mentioned, it should have a different striping pattern. There are 2 things I don't like:

- The use of grey

- Ditch the "1972" on his coat. The "NY" looks good, though.

Oh, and for you and those wondering, go to your photo in photobucket, right-click it, and then select "Copy Image URL". Use the [image][/image] tabs(post it inbetween), and you're good to go.

SigggggII_zps101350a9.png

Nobody cares about your humungous-big signature. 

PotD: 29/1/12

tks for the input everyone.

The only reason I went with the grey was to keep the people at NYI head offices happy as they obviously wanted to tie themselves to the Knicks. ;)

Since the mish mash logo seems to be going over well I'll do a concept or two to reflect some of the requests.

nice work with the grey. now this is something the sould have gone with for an alternate. maybe you could add a little black to reflect all the colors of the isles?

In the last game against Detroit, the time from ten minutes left to one minute left was probably the longest nine minutes of my life. But from one to zero was probably the greatest time I've ever had. I didn't want the clock to run out. It was such a great feeling: people crying in the stands, people jumping up and down, people cheering. Guys couldn't even sit up on the bench. It was probably the best minute of my life.

Ah, the "I'm kidding" - the universal internet excuse for saying something that others perceived as dumb.

Archived