Classic / Keep it / Tweek it / Lose it (NHL edition)

29texan

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Classic

All of the Original Six logos.

Keep it

The Kings' shield logo - If they're not going to include purple in their primary uniforms, this is the way to go logo-wise.

Tweak it

The Ducks' D logo - I wouldn't mind seeing it in their original colors.

Lose it

The Lightning's primary logo - They were so much better before the redesign this year.

Return it

See "Lose it"

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

reaturn it

6elec248g0248fybjjx0.gif

Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, but care to explain why you'd like to see the slug return?

I would not mind seeing the return of this Sabres set myself:

28.gif

Agreed. The red and black jerseys were the best the Sabres ever had.

reaturn it

6elec248g0248fybjjx0.gif

Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, but care to explain why you'd like to see the slug return?

I would not mind seeing the return of this Sabres set myself:

28.gif

Agreed. The red and black jerseys were the best the Sabres ever had.

I still like the classic blue and gold...but I will say that the black and red jerseys on their own are pretty nice. Unfortunately they followed up two decades of blue and gold and were introduced during a time where you already had three teams using black and red in some capacity.

70389454.png

loose it

6cphie5heyvfwn6lbzfowe61h.gif

Referring to the Oilers, why? I'm not trying to fight your opinion; I'm just curious because I haven't met someone who dislikes that logo, especially considering they built one of sports' all-time dynasties in it. But in terms of the actual aesthetics, why don't you like about it (and what would you like to see replace it)?

SigggggII_zps101350a9.png

Nobody cares about your humungous-big signature. 

PotD: 29/1/12

Classic

All of the Original Six logos.

Keep it

The Kings' shield logo - If they're not going to include purple in their primary uniforms, this is the way to go logo-wise.

Tweak it

The Ducks' D logo - I wouldn't mind seeing it in their original colors.

Lose it

The Lightning's primary logo - They were so much better before the redesign this year.

Return it

See "Lose it"

mightyd.jpg

loose it

Referring to the Oilers, why? I'm not trying to fight your opinion; I'm just curious because I haven't met someone who dislikes that logo, especially considering they built one of sports' all-time dynasties in it. But in terms of the actual aesthetics, why don't you like about it (and what would you like to see replace it)?

How is that #@%!& possible?! It's one of the worst logos in sports. Here are, I think, the main issues:

1. The cartoonish orange oil drop. It's gross. Furthermore, why is it orange? What about oil is orange?
  2. The Cowboys font. Just goofy.
  3. The sagging letters. First, an oil streak hardly seems like something you want to invoke for a team—even if they have a stupid name like "Oilers". Oil streaks are sloppy, messy and filthy. Is that the message one wants to send about one's team?
  4. The fact that the letter-sag doesn't form a circle. If you were to complete the shape formed by the sag outline, it would form an oval.
  5. The sagging I, L, E and R (or at least the left leg of the R) all bend to the left. The right leg of the R and the S do not. Why have them bend at all?! [Edit: It appears that only the S doesn't bend to the left. I don't get why this feature is present at all in the logo.]

Blech! What a piece of garbage. The only good things about this logo are the color scheme and the fact that it's a circle. The identity is dated and needs changing.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

It's difficult to get the webfoot D to properly work in the old Ducks colours. It needs the brightly coloured D on a dark background. The only bright colour the Mighty Ducks really had was yellow, and even then it was logo only. But the D in that colour would stick out like a sore thum- uh, foot, unless they made it more prominent on the jerseys, which I would not want to see.

mTBXgML.png

PotD: 24/08/2017

loose it

How is that #@%!& possible?! It's one of the worst logos in sports. Here are, I think, the main issues:

1. The cartoonish orange oil drop. It's gross. Furthermore, why is it orange? What about oil is orange?
  3. The sagging letters. First, an oil streak hardly seems like something you want to invoke for a team?even if they have a stupid name like "Oilers". Oil streaks are sloppy, messy and filthy. Is that the message one wants to send about one's team?
  4. The fact that the letter-sag doesn't form a circle. If you were to complete the shape formed by the sag outline, it would form an oval.
  5. The sagging I, L, E and R (or at least the left leg of the R) all bend to the left. The right leg of the R and the S do not. Why have them bend at all?! [Edit: It appears that only the S doesn't bend to the left. I don't get why this feature is present at all in the logo.]

Blech! What a piece of garbage. The only good things about this logo are the color scheme and the fact that it's a circle. The identity is dated and needs changing.

Arghargh. Now that you mentioned that, I can't stop noticing it. It definitely is annoying, but that and the fifth one are pretty minor things, no? Oh, well, it's only a sports logo, and neither of us have to watch our teams play in it. To each their own.

SigggggII_zps101350a9.png

Nobody cares about your humungous-big signature. 

PotD: 29/1/12

Arghargh. Now that you mentioned that, I can't stop noticing it. It definitely is annoying, but that and the fifth one are pretty minor things, no? Oh, well, it's only a sports logo, and neither of us have to watch our teams play in it. To each their own.

Oh, no question. I have no problem with anyone liking the logo?or even with anyone thinking of it as a classic. It was the implication that there was no one who disliked the logo that I took issue with, as there are those of us who do. (Oh, and the fifth one is the one that bugs me the most!) But, yeah, it's just a logo, and to each his own, etc. Besides, it's not as bad as this:

5365.gif

loose it

3. The sagging letters. First, an oil streak hardly seems like something you want to invoke for a team—even if they have a stupid name like "Oilers". Oil streaks are sloppy, messy and filthy. Is that the message one wants to send about one's team?

The Oilers are one awful alternate away from being in the top 5 best looking teams in the league right now. Their home and away uniforms are perfect and the idea they should be changed is ludicrous. You don't change a look associated with a dynasty, not to mention the greatest player to ever play the game.

A new identity for the Oilers would go down as well as the Islanders Fisherman did in 1996.

loose it

3. The sagging letters. First, an oil streak hardly seems like something you want to invoke for a team?even if they have a stupid name like "Oilers". Oil streaks are sloppy, messy and filthy. Is that the message one wants to send about one's team?

Damn, dude....

I can understand the rant. It's fine.... but why go after the name "Oilers"?

XXFrXXX.png?1

140khld.jpg
7fwPZnE.png
8643298391_d47584a085_b.jpg

Archived