Classic / Keep it / Tweek it / Lose it (NHL edition)

29texan

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Classic

yo3wysbjtagzmwj37tb11u0fh.gif

Keep it (and use it more, for crying out loud!)

e0z8f9w5hoe7hsm531j8g5uah.gif

Tweak it (just so you guys know, that is the correct way to spell "tweak")

z9qyy9xqoxfjn0njxgzoy2rwk.gif

Lose it

97hhvk8e5if0riesnex30etgz.gif

Return it

145.gif

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

Classic

Keep it (and use it more, for crying out loud!)

e0z8f9w5hoe7hsm531j8g5uah.gif

Tweak it (just so you guys know, that is the correct way to spell "tweak")

z9qyy9xqoxfjn0njxgzoy2rwk.gif

Lose it

Return it

145.gif

DOH! I forgot about that Rangers logo, one of my favorite logos in sports of all time.

That def would be better than the Bolts, no matter how much I hate their new look. I'd love that Liberty logo back.

2ly2w09.jpg

Classic:

Probably my favourite of the Original Six logos.

Keep it:

oxahxcheae4mgu4wopqj9ydhy.gif

Needs to be brought back to prominence on the uniforms.

Tweak it:

It's not THAT bad. I like the new Lightning logo for its oddly satisfying clean feel, but it's not quite perfect.

Lose it:

fbh4jfr7lwbpuezjx0xbktfmo.gif

I like the wordmark, but it makes for a depressingly dull primary logo. I think I'd appreciate it more as a third jersey crest.

Return it:

1.gif

Old colours or new colours, I don't care anymore. The Ducks don't feel right without it. Great that it's on the shoulders of the third, but I want it back as the primary.

mTBXgML.png

PotD: 24/08/2017

Classic:

50.gif (Honorable mentions: Canadiens, Maple Leafs, Bruins, Red Wings, Blackhawks)

Keep it:

161.gif (honorable mention: Islanders)

Tweak it:

2bkf2l3xyxi5p0cavbj8.gif (Honorable mention: Avalanche)

Lose it:

dmo1xf3z4pph27vmg3gf.gif (Honorable mention: Lightning)

Return it:

2uir3bokojm47gzgsigrgrje7.gif

spacer.png

Classic

Many logos could be considered for this one but since it hasn't been mentioned...

bluesm.png

Keep it

wildf.png

Keep it and put it dead centre on both primary jerseys. No circles around it either <_<

Tweak it

Classy logo with a cup behind it... though it doesn't need the "Dallas" script, nor does it need a shade of green so dark it could be mistaken for black.

starsp.png

Lose it

Capitals have had lots of good logos... this isn't one of them

capsbu.png

Return it

Classy, iconic, simple. Kids movie or not.

ducks2.png

Tweak it (just so you guys know, that is the correct way to spell "tweak")z9qyy9xqoxfjn0njxgzoy2rwk.gif

OMG.... how could I miss that?

Anyway, to be honest, I found it a bit hard to do this one, mainly because I really don't have that many problems with most logos in the NHL.

Now the UNIFORMS, on the other hand. . . . .

XXFrXXX.png?1

140khld.jpg
7fwPZnE.png
8643298391_d47584a085_b.jpg

Tweak it (just so you guys know, that is the correct way to spell "tweak")z9qyy9xqoxfjn0njxgzoy2rwk.gif

OMG.... how could I miss that?

Anyway, to be honest, I found it a bit hard to do this one, mainly because I really don't have that many problems with most logos in the NHL.

Now the UNIFORMS, on the other hand. . . . .

Agreed. The NHL has some awesome logo designs. They're like the anti-NBA in that regard.

I've found this classic/keep it/tweak it/lose it/return it to be difficult, because there's so many great logos in the NHL.

spacer.png

Classic:

124-5.gif

Keep it:

venf9fmhgnsawnxxvehf-1.gif

I'm not sure how I feel about the outline of the B cutting off the B from the spokes completely, but it's still a very strong update of a classic logo.

Tweak it:

79520qbne58r9i71zhuggbff0.gif

Nothing drastic like the fisherman, but this logo could stand to be cleaned up.

Lose it:

2xd2efir5fdew26px6kx.gif

The Canucks got it right and returned to their proper colours. Why are they still using the orca?

Classic: Boston Bruins spoked B primary. With minor updates, It's been around for decades, and will never go away.

Keep It: Columbus Blue Jackets Ohio flag star primary. represents the capitol of Ohio in the best way possible.

Tweak It: Vancouver Canucks Orca primary. I love the Orca, but throw on some green.

Lose It: Los Angeles Kings pencil primary. Back to just the crown please.

Manchester-City-icon.png

Lose It:

flames_thumb.gif

Serious? That logo is a classic, what on earth would you want to replace it?

Lose it:

2xd2efir5fdew26px6kx.gif

The Canucks got it right and returned to their proper colours. Why are they still using the orca?

Because it's a great logo that symbolizes the city of Vancouver perfectly. It's far superior to the stick and rink and looks great on the front of those jerseys. Wordmark and all.

Classic

32tfs723a3bes0p0hb4hgcy1u.gif

Keep It

lvchw3qfsun2e7oc02kh2zxb6.gif

Tweak It

2bkf2l3xyxi5p0cavbj8.gif

Return It

clzty1tgf8glzas62fq6fyphr.gif

In the last game against Detroit, the time from ten minutes left to one minute left was probably the longest nine minutes of my life. But from one to zero was probably the greatest time I've ever had. I didn't want the clock to run out. It was such a great feeling: people crying in the stands, people jumping up and down, people cheering. Guys couldn't even sit up on the bench. It was probably the best minute of my life.

Ah, the "I'm kidding" - the universal internet excuse for saying something that others perceived as dumb.

Lose It:

flames_thumb.gif

Serious? That logo is a classic, what on earth would you want to replace it?

Yes seriously! I hate that logo because all they did was take the flames from the "A" in Atlanta and add them to the "C". It seems like a generic move if you ask me. I would like to think that after 31 years they could come up with something not stolen from the original team. Heck use the Horse logo, at least it has flames on it and shows off the rich history that Calgary has with Rodeos.

spacer.png

Archived