Lights Out's NBA Series

Lights Out

Yeah, the Hornets are a huge upgrade.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

sweet work on the hornets!

In the last game against Detroit, the time from ten minutes left to one minute left was probably the longest nine minutes of my life. But from one to zero was probably the greatest time I've ever had. I didn't want the clock to run out. It was such a great feeling: people crying in the stands, people jumping up and down, people cheering. Guys couldn't even sit up on the bench. It was probably the best minute of my life.

Ah, the "I'm kidding" - the universal internet excuse for saying something that others perceived as dumb.

ow0wf.png

kvbd0.png

hOqjE.png

Updated. (I'm worried that the alternate is a bit too Laker-esque, but I tried a yellow alternate and it looked even more like the Lakers.)

That's some good work. I didn't see the original version, but these are looking pretty nice. A few things...

1. While I like the FDL on the upper chest area of the home jersey, once you add the NBA logo up there, it'll look a little off balance. Maybe put it under the collar or integrate it into the wordmark somehow?

2. I think it'd be more consistent with the NOBs and the road wordmark if the home was vertically arched. It's fine as is, but may be worth trying.

3. Not a fan of the stacked New Orleans mark. Either put it one line, or just go with the Hornets mark again. Also, put the FDL on there to be consistent with the home.

4. I agree with what Andrew Harrington is saying about outlines, but I think you're OK here since it's supposed to be kind of a tacky / gaudy look. Something does look off about the numbers though, but I cannot put my finger on it. One thing I think is that the colors on the road outlines should be reversed, so that the darker outline is the inner-most one. That way the white and yellow won't blend together and you'll get the same true double-outline look that you have with the home. Currently, at first glance, it doesn't look like a double outline.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Lakers:

8NpyW.png

hy3Qu.png

I got rid of the white alternate, firstly, because it just doesn't work with their look. I simplified their uniforms in some ways (pants stripes) while jazzing them up in other ways (slight gradients, collar trim, number font). You may also notice a modernized version of their really dated logo on the shorts. Also, for the first time since the 1965-66 season, the city name is on the road jersey.

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

um,a white jersey would be cool.

In the last game against Detroit, the time from ten minutes left to one minute left was probably the longest nine minutes of my life. But from one to zero was probably the greatest time I've ever had. I didn't want the clock to run out. It was such a great feeling: people crying in the stands, people jumping up and down, people cheering. Guys couldn't even sit up on the bench. It was probably the best minute of my life.

Ah, the "I'm kidding" - the universal internet excuse for saying something that others perceived as dumb.

While I work on updating the Hornets, here's the Suns:

U1sOX.png

OL22r.png

An updated version of their Barkley-era look, using their current logos and color scheme.

the gray out line of the back of the sun is weird looking on the road uniform. i would get rid of that, but overall very good.

Jersey strong, Brooklyn ready.

Good try with the lakers one, but I'm just not feeling it really. It almost looks more dated than their current set IMO. The Road reminds me of one of those jerseys you see that are trying to be Lakers but theyre not licensed so they can't say "Lakers" on them.

like this:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/NR-Classic-Kobe-Bryant-8-Yellow-Jersey-Los-Angeles-Lakers-Jersey-Sz-Small-NWT-/190618627016?pt=US_Basketball_Fan_Shop&hash=item2c61c16bc8#ht_579wt_932

Idk, i'm just not feeling it.

Good try with the lakers one, but I'm just not feeling it really. It almost looks more dated than their current set IMO. The Road reminds me of one of those jerseys you see that are trying to be Lakers but theyre not licensed so they can't say "Lakers" on them.

like this:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/NR-Classic-Kobe-Bryant-8-Yellow-Jersey-Los-Angeles-Lakers-Jersey-Sz-Small-NWT-/190618627016?pt=US_Basketball_Fan_Shop&hash=item2c61c16bc8#ht_579wt_932

Idk, i'm just not feeling it.

I think Lights Out is trying to put every city name on the road jersey (hence New Orleans on the Hornets road, Phoenix on the Suns road, etc.).

spacer.png

Mavs looks different but actually quite nice. Maybe incorporate a little bit of silver onto the home white so it doesn't look out of place on the road. Also an interesting choice for the logo on the back of the jersey. I would have used the horse + ball logo, but I suppose this one fits the rest of the identity better.

594dd21ce423b_SmallHats.png.3601f33ba30ee66006c37617c7069ace.png

The Hornets and Suns concepts are amazing! I like the crisp update yet keeping the uniforms simple and classic. I'm not a fan of the current Mavericks set, so your concept is definitely a huge upgrade. I don't know if you thought about bringing back the old hat logo in the mix. It would be more in the direction of 'simple and classic'.

On a side note, I only recently realized that on the current primary Mavs logo, the horse has a giant M on its forehead. It's horrendous but it's now the only thing I see when I look at that logo.

5737a3a4-1de5-426d-a5eb-067469bdd6e3.jpg

Archived