Thrift Store Gems 2012

nash61

• Replies 495
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think all tjmaxx's have the $15 nfl jerseys now. At least to the few I've been to and now hearing of the Cleveland stuff.

Wishing I lived in Denver area right about now. I also wish I had the chance to make a trip to a New Jersey store that carries Giants jerseys. The Philly area ones are loaded with Kevin Kolb and Stewart Bradley. Then they have a few McCoy and other ones thrown in. Also saw a Jets Braylon Edwards and a Ravens Joe Flacco.

Went to TJ Maxx the other day. They had Browns jerseys for Cribbs, McCoy, Haden, Quinn, Rogers, and Edwards at $15 bucks. They also had Browns breast cancer hats there for 6 bucks.

I live in the Toledo area, which TJ Maxx did you go to??? I have been looking for a cheap Browns jersey for a while now. Thanks.

It was actually in Strongsville, outside of Cleveland.

T1oYViW.png

I didn't pick it up, but I found an old Ken Griffey Jr. Nike cap at a Marshall's this week. I think it was $20 or so.

It was this hat:

New-Release-2423_LRG.jpg

:shocked:

I love it! I had only seen the swingman logo hats before!

BannerLogos.jpg

SF4.gif

Picked this Expos one up yesterday at a small local thrift shop.

Only a medium (at least a size too small for me) but for $3.50 I couldn't resist.

2310465420102258651S425x425Q85.jpg

2262211250102258651S425x425Q85.jpg

DROOLING!!!! with envy....

I saw a #8 a little while back, but since there was no name on it, I passed... stupid me :cursing:

if it had a red number it was fake

Exposgotrobbed94.png

Never Forget 1994

expostimeline.png

Lincecum Eephus Pitch

Picked this Expos one up yesterday at a small local thrift shop.

Only a medium (at least a size too small for me) but for $3.50 I couldn't resist.

2310465420102258651S425x425Q85.jpg

2262211250102258651S425x425Q85.jpg

DROOLING!!!! with envy....

I saw a #8 a little while back, but since there was no name on it, I passed... stupid me :cursing:

if it had a red number it was fake

The one of mine pictured (which has red #45's) I'm almost positive is an old replica not a fake.

The front of the tag on the collar says "A HIT PRODUCT - MALTON, ONTARIO" (with a baseball bat for the I in HIT), and "a Sign of Quality - OFFICIAL LICENSED PRODUCT" (in English and French)

"Just when I thought you'd said the stupidest thing, you keep on talking" - Hank Hill

At Marshall's today I got a Bills Steve Johnson white AFL 50th Anniversary throwback for $15. I will post pics later.

Was it in the WNY area?

Woah! You think I'm Cody? My name is Carl Scott Simone and we just happen to share a birthday. BIG DEAL.

Went to TJ Maxx the other day. They had Browns jerseys for Cribbs, McCoy, Haden, Quinn, Rogers, and Edwards at $15 bucks. They also had Browns breast cancer hats there for 6 bucks.

I live in the Toledo area, which TJ Maxx did you go to??? I have been looking for a cheap Browns jersey for a while now. Thanks.

It was actually in Strongsville, outside of Cleveland.

Damn live right down the road from Strongsville. I'll have to check out TJ. At the Marshalls in Middleburg Heights I got an Indians 59fifty script I hat for $12.

70389454.png

At a Goodwill during lunchtime break I had to do a double take when I saw this last week. It being a M&N in thrift shop makes it a good bet to be a knock off. Still displays great. Tags look legit, feels soft & smooth, but stitching makes me suspicious.

7559452798_1a882fddea_b.jpg

7559451718_7f2cdecd2b_b.jpg

7559452456_a09e2db57f_o.jpg

7559453016_098d89a4e2_o.jpg

7559452218_38e12d5b3c_b.jpg

Also found recently this Knicks Sprewell jersey, which was a cheap Champion item, but I'll take it for $1.50

7324727172_baa0131062_b.jpg

7324726506_6d58621c05_b.jpg

All the local Ross & TJMaxx sell are MLS jerseys, so I'm relegated to thrift store and online finds right now.

On 7/13/2012 at 9:47 PM, Radiohead said:

At a Goodwill during lunchtime break I had to do a double take when I saw this last week. It being a M&N in thrift shop makes it a good bet to be a knock off. Still displays great. Tags look legit, feels soft & smooth, but stitching makes me suspicious.

This is the telling shot. Definitely knock off.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

Picked up a Portland Timbers red jersey yesterday while out at the Ross on the 16th Street Mall in Denver for $20. They had LA Galaxy and RSL shirts from last time around, too.

While in the UK, I was able to snag an Olympiakos third shirt from a few years back for £8 at Lillywhite's as well as a Croatia away shirt from last cycle for £15.

6fQjS3M.png

It isn't a thrift store gem, but amazon has had some crazy deals on their remaining NHL stock. Got a Blue Jackets third for $45. Shirts and hoodies are on sale as well for other teams too.

Got a link?

http://www.amazon.com/Columbus-Jackets-Primary-Hoodie-X-Large/dp/B003LIHOQQ/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1342227552&sr=8-3&keywords=Columbus+Blue+Jackets

That's the hoodie

Here's the t-shirt:

http://www.amazon.com/Columbus-Jackets-Primary-T-Shirt-Large/dp/B0040I78JE/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1342227552&sr=8-4&keywords=Columbus+Blue+Jackets

If you look at the bottom for items other customers viewed you'll see the other T's on sale. Looks like Leafs, Pens, Wild, etc.

http://www.amazon.com/Columbus-Jackets-Premier-Jersey-X-Large/dp/B004EZHUWI/ref=sr_1_6?ie=UTF8&qid=1342227552&sr=8-6&keywords=Columbus+Blue+Jackets

Other jerseys are on sale as well.

70389454.png

Axu-ySfCMAAlAfE.jpg

Picked this jersey up for $2 at the local resell shop. Cannot find any information on the Indiana Ice every wearing anything like it. I really like the jersey because I was a huge fan before the moved from Danville, Illinois and changed their name from the Wings to the Ice.

Chicagoans or those visiting Wrigley Field: At Waveland and Clark, outside the stadium (down the LF line), next to the tent store, there are jerseys of former players (Fukudome, Theriot, Zambrano, and I think a few more) being sold for $30. I'd say a bunch are either sizes 40 or 60, but there some in the middleground. They have home, away, alternate, and BP. I picked up an alternate Zambrano on Friday, and it's always nice to get something with a $180 price tag for a sixth of that.

the worst helmets design to me is the Jacksonville jaguars hamlets from 1995 to 2012 because you can't see the logo vary wall

Chicagoans or those visiting Wrigley Field: At Waveland and Clark, outside the stadium (down the LF line), next to the tent store, there are jerseys of former players (Fukudome, Theriot, Zambrano, and I think a few more) being sold for $30. I'd say a bunch are either sizes 40 or 60, but there some in the middleground. They have home, away, alternate, and BP. I picked up an alternate Zambrano on Friday, and it's always nice to get something with a $180 price tag for a sixth of that.

I do that with MLB jerseys often. After 30 min with a thread ripper I have a nice new jersey!

Belts.jpg
PotD May 11th, 2011
looooooogodud: June 7th 2010 - July 5th 2012

Archived