Thrift Store Gems 2012

nash61

Found a couple things today at the Goodwill in Caro:

SDC11560.jpgSDC11543.jpg

Detroit Pistons Grant Hill reversible jersey--$3.49.

SDC11545.jpg

Chicago Bulls Scottie Pippen jersey--$3.49.

NICE!

I have the normal screen-printed G-Hill away uni like that. now i just need to find a Grant Hill red alt uni from the mid 90s...

• Replies 495
  • Created
  • Last Reply

5a0005a1.jpg

Today, coming back from a beach vacation, I found and bought this Umbro New York Cosmos Home jersey at the Ross store on Legends Parkway in Prattville (just off exit 179 on I-65) for less than $15 (w/ tax). Normally, it would be $75. One of the tags read that it was manufactured on November 11, 2010. It's a size 40.

More pics:

b6126aaa.jpg

a9126dad.jpg

b5e0728a.jpg

338421b6.jpg

It even still had this on it:

0d8a6557.jpg

570c2b3e.jpg

3a0be35a.jpg

I also found this nice Puma Tunisia national soccer team home jersey in Large, but didn't buy it:

e75551f4.jpg

sport-scarf_dortmund_zps9338859f.png

It's strange that the Ross, Marshalls, and A.J. Wright stores you guys go to always seem to have a better selection than when I go looking in Chicago. I went to the Ross in Orland Park after you guys were coming here with reports of Cosmosmania, and only found a few T-shirts in off sizes.

Not the best deal, but I was able to get a '77 Cosmos Umbro Pele replica on eBay for $45. A little surprised that it's 100% cotton, so I reckon I'll have to be careful with it.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

5a0005a1.jpg

Today, coming back from a beach vacation, I found and bought this Umbro New York Cosmos Home jersey at the Ross store on Legends Parkway in Prattville (just off exit 179 on I-65) for less than $15 (w/ tax). Normally, it would be $75. One of the tags read that it was manufactured on November 11, 2010. It's a size 40.

The Ross in downtown Seattle had a handful of those too, all size 40, all $15. I bought this for $10:

cosmos-graphic-tee-jpeg.jpg

Unfortunately, it shrunk in the wash.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

Unfortunately, it shrunk in the wash.

See my above concern about 100% cotton. Machine wash cold, hand-block, air-dry.

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

It's strange that the Ross, Marshalls, and A.J. Wright stores you guys go to always seem to have a better selection than when I go looking in Chicago. I went to the Ross in Orland Park after you guys were coming here with reports of Cosmosmania, and only found a few T-shirts in off sizes.

Not the best deal, but I was able to get a '77 Cosmos Umbro Pele replica on eBay for $45. A little surprised that it's 100% cotton, so I reckon I'll have to be careful with it.

When did this happen? Where is it?

OldRomanSig2.jpg

It's in Orland Park Place. The Old Navy moved into the space where World Market used to be, and Ross took Old Navy's previous space.

It's in Orland Park Place. The Old Navy moved into the space where World Market used to be, and Ross took Old Navy's previous space.

Thanks. I will have to stop in the next time I'm in Orland.

OldRomanSig2.jpg

I'm in Orland Park everyday and I've never really gone into the stores there looking for gems. There is a store about 20- 30 minutes from Orland called "Pro Jersey" in Downer's Grove, I wouldn't say theres anything outrageously rare there, but there are a lot of really nice jerseys and merch of not just Chicago teams, but most teams in the major sports. I see a lot of t shirts and such that I've never seen before there.

I'm in Orland Park everyday and I've never really gone into the stores there looking for gems. There is a store about 20- 30 minutes from Orland called "Pro Jersey" in Downer's Grove, I wouldn't say theres anything outrageously rare there, but there are a lot of really nice jerseys and merch of not just Chicago teams, but most teams in the major sports. I see a lot of t shirts and such that I've never seen before there.

That is a good store. I haven't been there in a few years, but I used to go in weekly when I worked in Downers Grove.

OldRomanSig2.jpg

Went to a Ross on the other side of town with a buddy yesterday, found a few of the (now out of date) Rivers jerseys and a simple black and white Tampa Bay Rays 5950. Not bad for 16 bucks!

rivers.jpg

rays.jpg

I saw those same Rivers jerseys, stitched at my local Ross last week. Was looking for a Redskins jersey for my son...no luck.

87Redskins.png

Went to a Ross on the other side of town with a buddy yesterday, found a few of the (now out of date) Rivers jerseys and a simple black and white Tampa Bay Rays 5950. Not bad for 16 bucks!

rays.jpg

Picked up the same Rays cap at Ross for $10. I left a Brewers Snap Back, and an old Houston Astros H Star 5950 in all white (it was dirty). There was also a Philadelphia Union Authentic but it was too small

sig.jpg

Nothing at my local Thrift Stores but at Marshalls they had this

rm.jpg

It was $60. I tried it on, but it didn't fit right so I passed.

Picked these up at Ross

DSC06349.jpg

The Saints & Rivers Jersey came out to $8, and the Romo jersey was actually found at another Marshalls for $20. I'm waiting for this Marshalls to drop the prices on their Chargers jerseys to $10 like they did last year

sig.jpg

That's a great store but none of the stuff they sell would fit into the thrift store gems section. They only have current merchandise at full retail price. Unfortunately my buddy doesn't work there anymore so no more employee discounts. That and the fact that I'm away at school most of the time means I haven't been there in too long.

Wordmark_zpsaxgeaoqy.jpg

Nothing at my local Thrift Stores but at Marshalls they had this

rm.jpg

It was $60. I tried it on, but it didn't fit right so I passed.

Am I the only one that thinks this is fake?

I also think it's fake. The jersey is two different colours of blue.

Archived