Thrift Store Gems 2012

nash61

Not all "thrift stores" but $34 Ducks, $35 Kings, $25 Mooterus, $40 Coyotes, $79 for the Islanders and Nucks (each). Works out to about $48 Bucks each. All are replicas,

000rarejersey.jpg

Nicely done. All are nice; the bottom three are a few of my "whales".

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

• Replies 495
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Went to Marshall's yesterday, they had an interesting Redskins replica of Chris Cooley. 70th anniversary throwback with the home jersey yellow outline on the #''s. I forgot my phone or I would have taken a picture. The yellow outline as subtile as it was actually made the #'s pop more. I should have bought it for $10, might go back out there later today and do so.

skinsboys4lf7pe.jpg

Not all "thrift stores" but $34 Ducks, $35 Kings, $25 Mooterus, $40 Coyotes, $79 for the Islanders and Nucks (each). Works out to about $48 Bucks each. All are replicas,

000rarejersey.jpg

Oh man, with the exception of the Nucks jersey, I want all of these in my jersey collection

I was at a news conference Thursday and somebody there told me they saw a 2011-12 home Tottenham shirt at a local Ross. As soon as the event ended I booked it right on out there.

Unfortunately, I couldn't find the shirt if it was there. Fortunately, I found this for $16, marked down from $75.

It's an XL Umbro and not designed for men with my, uh, stomach, so it runs a bit small on me even though I wear a large.

I'm suspicious that it's a fake or whatnot, so here are some photos. It almost seems too good to be true.

Jacket1.jpg

jacket2.jpg

Jacket4.jpg

Jacket3.jpg

The British equivalent TK Maxx has got some Cosmos stuff too - I'm kinda tempted by this for £17.

Cosmos-77-Jersey2.jpg

Do the Cosmos have the same cache over there as here? I'm guessing they're considered more a historical oddity in England.

The British equivalent TK Maxx has got some Cosmos stuff too - I'm kinda tempted by this for £17.

Cosmos-77-Jersey2.jpg

Do the Cosmos have the same cache over there as here? I'm guessing they're considered more a historical oddity in England.

I imagine so, if they're remembered at all. I'm a footie geek so I know the story but I suspect most don't.

I bought the shirt by the way, it looks awesome!

bifcolympique_zps28a2961e.png

SDC11755.jpg

$20 each at Marshall's in Rochester. B)

Damn! I'm going by the one near me tomorrow. If I don't find any, what are the chances of buying 2 Navy and 1 Army off you, if you don't mind picking up some extra and selling them?

Archived