Thrift Store Gems 2012

nash61

It's 2012, and that means that it's time for a new Thrift Store Gems thread.

I'll start it off with a Hardwood Classics Gary Payton Minneapolis Lakers throwback for $16. I didn't get it, because I don't do basketball jerseys.

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

• Replies 495
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My dad said that there was a blue medium Boise State jersey at Ross for 18 bucks. I felt like even though I just like them because they're underdogs, it would be a good purchase. I thought it was the current jerseys, but it ended up being this one.

Fresno+State+v+Boise+State+GenbShW-X-wm.jpg

I didnt get it, but there was so much there.

Blue Boise State jersey- M

Navy Penn State jersey- L

Blue Kentucky jersey- L

Blue Florida jersey- XL

2 Henry New York Redbull jerseys- XL(I have a L already)

Navy Milwaukee Brewers BP jersey- XL

Red Michal Neuvirth Caps shirt- M

Dustin Brown USA hockey shirt- S(I got this for a friend)

Ohio State Pro-Combat hat

Jays adjustable hat

Michigan State hat

I feel like there is more, but it was a great selection.

I'll start it off with a Hardwood Classics Gary Payton Minneapolis Lakers throwback for $16. I didn't get it, because I don't do basketball jerseys.

Should of bought it and sold it on eBay. Now that it is basketball season, that jersey is a profitable gem.

Should of bought it and sold it on eBay. Now that it is basketball season, that jersey is a profitable gem.

May still do that.

They also had a New Zealand All Blacks shirt for $6. I missed it by 10 mins.

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

My dad said that there was a blue medium Boise State jersey at Ross for 18 bucks. I felt like even though I just like them because they're underdogs, it would be a good purchase. I thought it was the current jerseys, but it ended up being this one.

Fresno+State+v+Boise+State+GenbShW-X-wm.jpg

I didnt get it, but there was so much there.

Blue Boise State jersey- M

Navy Penn State jersey- L

Blue Kentucky jersey- L

Blue Florida jersey- XL

2 Henry New York Redbull jerseys- XL(I have a L already)

Navy Milwaukee Brewers BP jersey- XL

Red Michal Neuvirth Caps shirt- M

Dustin Brown USA hockey shirt- S(I got this for a friend)

Ohio State Pro-Combat hat

Jays adjustable hat

Michigan State hat

I feel like there is more, but it was a great selection.

Amazingly, every CFB jersey you mentioned is available at the Ross closest to me, but we also have the current Boise jersey for $20

Nobody ... I mean nobody ... circles the wagons like The Buffalo Bills

I too saw a small Kellen Moore Blue Pro Combat authentic jersey today. I think it was like $15. I also saw a Padres Navy blue dugout jacket for $25. I really thought about getting the Boise Jersey and flipping it on ebay, but now that i see EVERYONE has them available, I'm glad I didn't get it

CCSLC sig 2016.jpg

20kujjp.jpg

Glad someone started this thread. I'll add some images in due time, but I went to the newly expanded Goodwill here in Dickson, TN, and found some incredible-for-Tennessee finds. First of all, a seemingly brand new Calgary Flames "baseball uniform top," which if I in any way liked the Flames I would have bought without thinking. And secondly, the crown jewel of all of my searches of this kind (which I couldn't buy yet, as I was awaiting a paycheck)...a warmup or fan jersey from an obscure Spanish-league basketball team.

Yeah. "Tennerife." Made by "Pi -- 3-14" (or tres catorce). That was...amazing. I have no idea how, but it's in a Nashville-area Goodwill, just chillin'. I had to take pics to show you guys...and again, I will share in time. Right now...I have to go eat and handle other plans. But I figured you'd enjoy.

AUSPole.pngWAT2nd.png

Go Gators. Go Blue Raiders. Go Commodores. Go USC Trojans.

Preds & Avs.

Braves, Rays, & Dodgers.

Titans, Colts, Broncos, Cardinals.

Grizzlies. 14ers, Jam.

Team Spirit + Laziness = Yay.

When does anyone suppose the fire sale of all Reebok NFL jersey will go on sale? I hope it is soon, because I am hoping for some deals.

I know the Bills' online store cut all of their 2011 replica jerseys down to 39.99 and less. I assume most teams will do similar after the season, and by the draft we should start to see them trickling into the thrift stores.

• 3 weeks later...

I went in the Ross in Sandy Springs, Ga today and they had....

-Blank Tigers BP jersey

-#24 Tigers BP jersey

-Cubs BP jersey

-Padres dugout windbreaker

-#11 Boise State Pro Combat Jersey

-#8 UGA authentic black football jerseys

-#1 Florida blue replica football jerseys

I was surprised given that I've never found anything decent in a Ross before around here....

AU-USU-Scoreboard.gif

I got a pair of Asics brand track jackets from the UC-Irvine volleyball team. I'm guessing they were coaches travel suit jackets and they left them at the University of Illinois. One still had the tags on it. $60 regular I got them for $4.35 each at Salvation Army. The same day at Goodwill I picked up a sweet Calgary Flames long sleeved t-shirt for a cool $2.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived