Thrift Store Gems 2012

nash61

• Replies 495
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I dont have a picture, but around christmas time i found an AUTHENTIC United States red 3rd jersey fro i think it was 17 bucks at a ross! Unfortunately i dont wear xl so we ended up getting it for my cousin for christmas. But that's like a $150 jersey, Best find i'll ever have.

...And that hawks jersey looks like a replica...imo..

Oh man, I mean to post in here a long time ago. I found some sweet Converse kicks at a Goodwill that had just opened up near me. This was back in November i think. They are WeaponEVOs, the reboot of the classic Weapons that Magic and Bird wore, but theyre lowtops, black and red. Some research showed that Kirk Hinrich wore them for a season. 5 bucks! For a literally unworn pair of shoes. They were brand new. I'm still wearing them now, but noticed the tag where the size should be is just a square that says "NOT FOR RESALE" but I bought them. I'm such a badass, I know.

sigpurp.png

---Owner of the NHA's Philadelphia Quakers, the UBA's Chicago Skyliners, and the CFA's Portland Beavers (2010 CFA2 Champions)---

Authentic blank Atlanta Hawks 3rd jerseys at Marshalls. $15.

32zumqd.jpg

I picked up blanks of the current blue road jersey, and home white jersey today at different Marshalls location. Both are authentic, so now I've got to find somewhere that does solid customization work....

AU-USU-Scoreboard.gif

Nice haul!

Yep! :D And I can't wait until they get their new shipment in April (they only had the Blues and the white version of it), hopefully they'll be $20 also.

the worst helmets design to me is the Jacksonville jaguars hamlets from 1995 to 2012 because you can't see the logo vary wall

Hit the mecca of 1990s-early 00s New Era hats today. Here's what the store had:

Kanji/Japanese logo: (MLB) Mariners, Braves, Rangers, Indians, Mets (NFL) Browns, Saints, Cardinals, Cowboys, 49ers, Buccaneers, Steelers, Broncos, Jets (NBA) Knicks (NCAA) Miami Hurricanes

Wool New Eras - guessing late 90s to 2000 on these, some had attached Diamond Collection tags, but they all had the older New Era tagging inside. No stickers: Black Diamondbacks, White Diamondbacks, Cubs red bill, Rockies all black, Astros black newer style, 4 different styles of Mariners (all navy, navy w/teal brim, BP mesh navy w/compass logo, alternate navy w/compass logo), 1 Brewers late 90s "M" logo (size 6 7/8 though), Devil Rays (all black, ray logo) and navy NL umpire "N" logo (at least 15 of these)

The gray underbills were $24.99 each. Kanji were $29.99 I think. I couldn't check all the sizes because he had multiple of each one and I would've been there for hours haha. I'm going back to get the NL umpire hat for myself. If anybody wants anything (established members, I'll grab whatever for you in advance - anybody else, gonna need you to PayPal me first) Let me know!

BigStuffChamps3_zps00980734.png

Ah man, Canadian thrift stores suck, compared to American ones. Cheapest thing I have seen in Canada, and that was quality was a $50 Raptors jersey, that was nameless at Winners (Canada's TJ Max). I live a few hours from Seattle, I could drive down I suppose, anyone know any good stores down there for jerseys.

At the Mariners team store I got a Johjima jersey for $40, but that was 2 years after he left.

Ah man, Canadian thrift stores suck, compared to American ones. Cheapest thing I have seen in Canada, and that was quality was a $50 Raptors jersey, that was nameless at Winners (Canada's TJ Max). I live a few hours from Seattle, I could drive down I suppose, anyone know any good stores down there for jerseys.

At the Mariners team store I got a Johjima jersey for $40, but that was 2 years after he left.

I've gotten an old Coyotes jersey for $3, and old Avalanche jersey for $3, and passed up a Panthers Red for $7, and a Lightning Cup jersey for $7 (still kicking myself for those)

Thift stores are better than Winners.

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

It makes me laugh when I do my weekly thrift shop check, and see that they're selling the promo jerseys that teams give away at the door with a sponsors logo on it. Being in the Detroit area, they quite often have the paper-thin Pistons promo jerseys with a huge 'MEIJER' logo plastered on the front selling for $6.99. Lol...

sig.png

Authentic blank Atlanta Hawks 3rd jerseys at Marshalls. $15.

32zumqd.jpg

I picked up blanks of the current blue road jersey, and home white jersey today at different Marshalls location. Both are authentic, so now I've got to find somewhere that does solid customization work....

Where are these at? Are these in Atlanta?

My buddy and I went to probably 10 Marshalls, TJ Maxx, and thrift stores from Buckhead, to Sandy Springs, and didn't find :censored:.

2ly2w09.jpg

Archived