Thrift Store Gems 2012

nash61

Picked this Expos one up yesterday at a small local thrift shop.

Only a medium (at least a size too small for me) but for $3.50 I couldn't resist.

2310465420102258651S425x425Q85.jpg

2262211250102258651S425x425Q85.jpg

DROOLING!!!! with envy....

I saw a #8 a little while back, but since there was no name on it, I passed... stupid me :cursing:

if it had a red number it was fake

The one of mine pictured (which has red #45's) I'm almost positive is an old replica not a fake.

The front of the tag on the collar says "A HIT PRODUCT - MALTON, ONTARIO" (with a baseball bat for the I in HIT), and "a Sign of Quality - OFFICIAL LICENSED PRODUCT" (in English and French)

I've been using the Jerseys on The expos page on this site and it unfortunately appears (at this moment (maybe they've been used for 1 year and nobody noticed it)) that it is fake

Exposgotrobbed94.png

Never Forget 1994

expostimeline.png

Lincecum Eephus Pitch

• Replies 495
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My local thrift stores charge close to actual value for authentic/high quality/autographed jerseys and the like. Looks like I won't have and truly great gems anytime soon. :(

SigggggII_zps101350a9.png

Nobody cares about your humungous-big signature. 

PotD: 29/1/12

crazyshirt.jpg

Found this crazy shirt at the Goodwill in Savannah, GA. I have no idea what it's supposed to be.

It has a logo that says National Baseball League with a baseball then it has a Harlem logo with a basketball. Either someone was drunk making the shirt, or couldn't tell the difference between a basketball and a baseball.

mcbqza.jpg

Been meaning to post these hats in here for some time.

Found all 3 of these brand new for $3 a piece at the Times Square Modells about 2-3 years ago.

WP_000192.jpg

Then picked up this beauty today so had something else to share. $60 at Marshalls, with the $250 tag still on it. This was awesome, I needed a new Bucs jersey for the season and I love the old school Bucs jerseys.

WP_000190.jpg

WP_000191.jpg

They also had Florida Marlins home pinstripe jerseys, black Heat jerseys that were patched name and numbers, as well as some Dolphins and Bucs Reebok jerseys.

2ly2w09.jpg

Been meaning to post these hats in here for some time.

Found all 3 of these brand new for $3 a piece at the Times Square Modells about 2-3 years ago.

WP_000192.jpg

Then picked up this beauty today so had something else to share. $60 at Marshalls, with the $250 tag still on it. This was awesome, I needed a new Bucs jersey for the season and I love the old school Bucs jerseys.

WP_000190.jpg

WP_000191.jpg

They also had Florida Marlins home pinstripe jerseys, black Heat jerseys that were patched name and numbers, as well as some Dolphins and Bucs Reebok jerseys.

Awesome find, that Bucs jersey.

tn_CoorsDog.jpgSharks_signature.jpgtn_five_hole_design_logo_copy.jpg

Only paid $50 on a phillies repliaca halladay jersey (daytime alt).

Jerseys ate on sale for $70 @ modell's and I had $20 off from their mvp rewards.

I needed a new one, as I went from XXL to Medium

320to176philscreamjerse.png

Also, I'm glad I had a legit excuse to replace the cream alt I already had, cause I ever was a fan of the older replica's using a generic NOB and Number font in just 1 color. Here is a pic of the old (utley) and new (halladay)

replicaphilsbacknumbers.png

Islanders 2008-09 third, 2009-present home with Rick DiPietro #39 for $25:

Bjh8ql.jpg

Q970ql.jpg

Angels 2005-2010 vested alternate for $10:

MjzMll.jpg

the worst helmets design to me is the Jacksonville jaguars hamlets from 1995 to 2012 because you can't see the logo vary wall

Picked this Expos one up yesterday at a small local thrift shop.

Only a medium (at least a size too small for me) but for $3.50 I couldn't resist.

2310465420102258651S425x425Q85.jpg

2262211250102258651S425x425Q85.jpg

DROOLING!!!! with envy....

I saw a #8 a little while back, but since there was no name on it, I passed... stupid me :cursing:

if it had a red number it was fake

The one of mine pictured (which has red #45's) I'm almost positive is an old replica not a fake.

The front of the tag on the collar says "A HIT PRODUCT - MALTON, ONTARIO" (with a baseball bat for the I in HIT), and "a Sign of Quality - OFFICIAL LICENSED PRODUCT" (in English and French)

I've been using the Jerseys on The expos page on this site and it unfortunately appears (at this moment (maybe they've been used for 1 year and nobody noticed it)) that it is fake

Was going to ignore the comments about my jersey find but decided not to.

1. Red numbers don't mean squat even on an authentic jersey (expos used red numbers on their all their blue jerseys of this style).

2. Never said it was any sort of authentic jersey - it's obviously an old replica. Who the hell is going to make a copy of an old replica, along with tags that look like they are decades old with some obscure company's name on it? This is not a recent knockoff from China or the far east.

3. I thought most people here had a clue what they are talking about. I've apparently found at least 2 posters who know less than me.

"Just when I thought you'd said the stupidest thing, you keep on talking" - Hank Hill

Sweet find on the Isles hats. New Era probably sells those exact ones for $30 now. I think the snapback fad is almost as bad as the sticker crap at this point.

Yeah, this was before the snap back fad (which I also can't stand).

I just have a big collection of hats so added these to it.

2ly2w09.jpg

Archived