Thrift Store Gems 2012

nash61

i got this jersey at a thrift store a few years back for about $15 found it in my closet today, wondering if any of you guys can tell me if its real?

I'm not seeing any photos. It must be imaginary.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

• Replies 495
  • Created
  • Last Reply

lancealot's black Kings jersey might be a fake. Starter was out of the pro sports apparel business by the time the Kings put the crown logo on the black jersey. Some Starter jerseys also had the conference logos on the back hem, next to the Starter logo, but that might have changed.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

lancealot's black Kings jersey might be a fake. Starter was out of the pro sports apparel business by the time the Kings put the crown logo on the black jersey. Some Starter jerseys also had the conference logos on the back hem, next to the Starter logo, but that might have changed.

I have a Starter Lady Liberty jersey, and I don't think it has the conference logo on the back hem, just the Starter logo.

I would agree. In the late 1990s & early 2000s fake Starter jerseys were being manufactured in Korea (some were semi-passable and others were terrible) and many made their way to the U.S. and Canada. It appears that this may be one of them.

Belts.jpg
PotD May 11th, 2011
looooooogodud: June 7th 2010 - July 5th 2012

Picked this Expos one up yesterday at a small local thrift shop.

Only a medium (at least a size too small for me) but for $3.50 I couldn't resist.

2310465420102258651S425x425Q85.jpg

2262211250102258651S425x425Q85.jpg

DROOLING!!!! with envy....

I saw a #8 a little while back, but since there was no name on it, I passed... stupid me :cursing:

@Frenchie_TO
Owner of the Rochester Americans of the MLH

Owner of the Toronto Frenchies of the GCFHL6

The other day was in Modell's @ Franklin Mills Mall (Philadelphia) They had '47 brand black flyers hats on sale for $10, which is great cause with my smaller head now (I lost weight) I really like the fit of '47 brand hats the best.

This is adjustable btw, which is fine by me. Its branded as '47 twins, so it was when they were in phasing in the '47 name.

flyershat.png

Places to get cheap, real jerseys of traded players or players who left in free agency. Go.

the worst helmets design to me is the Jacksonville jaguars hamlets from 1995 to 2012 because you can't see the logo vary wall

I would agree. In the late 1990s & early 2000s fake Starter jerseys were being manufactured in Korea (some were semi-passable and others were terrible) and many made their way to the U.S. and Canada. It appears that this may be one of them.

Thanks guys :)

I was in Athens, Ohio this weekend and my friends and I popped into one of my favorite places in Athens, Ski's Teases and Collectibles. I found this gem:

BRMFH.png

Big Red Machine era Reds cap, fitted, without the MLB logo on the back. It fits better than any fitted hat I've ever owned and it's in great shape and doesn't look like it's been worn at all. I paid $5 for it. I would've paid $20. It was destiny.

What brand of cap is that? It doesn't look like a New Era. Can you take pictures of the inside?

It's not New Era. It's a Roman Pro, who made caps for a lot of teams in the 70's and 80's. Here's your picture of the inside.

IMG_0315.jpg

and the back, sans Harmon Killebrew (excuse my toes getting in the shot)

IMG_0316.jpg

PvO6ZWJ.png

Go to your local tj maxx's! Mine had reebok Vikings jerseys for $15. Throwbacks, regular home and away. They had both the real stuff and the crappy "jcpenney" kind. There was even a Favre stitched one, also $15, so everything and anything is out.

twitter_zps93c9c8f9.png @josh_j12 smbelt_zps438edf04.png

CFA- Fargo Bobcats

It's not New Era. It's a Roman Pro, who made caps for a lot of teams in the 70's and 80's. Here's your picture of the inside.

IMG_0315.jpg

and the back, sans Harmon Killebrew (excuse my toes getting in the shot)

IMG_0316.jpg

Thanks for sharing. I do remember Roman Pro about 20-25 years back. Too bad uniforms, caps, and such are all controlled by a single company in each field nowadays. I much prefered it when Wilson and Rawlings competed in the uniform business and other companies like Sports Sepecialties and KM Pro manufactured caps alongside New Era.

Went to TJ Maxx the other day. They had Browns jerseys for Cribbs, McCoy, Haden, Quinn, Rogers, and Edwards at $15 bucks. They also had Browns breast cancer hats there for 6 bucks.

I live in the Toledo area, which TJ Maxx did you go to??? I have been looking for a cheap Browns jersey for a while now. Thanks.

"Roll Along"

Archived