Thrift Store Gems 2012

nash61

It isn't a thrift store gem, but amazon has had some crazy deals on their remaining NHL stock. Got a Blue Jackets third for $45. Shirts and hoodies are on sale as well for other teams too.

Got a link?

http://www.amazon.com/Columbus-Jackets-Primary-Hoodie-X-Large/dp/B003LIHOQQ/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1342227552&sr=8-3&keywords=Columbus+Blue+Jackets

That's the hoodie

Here's the t-shirt:

http://www.amazon.com/Columbus-Jackets-Primary-T-Shirt-Large/dp/B0040I78JE/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1342227552&sr=8-4&keywords=Columbus+Blue+Jackets

If you look at the bottom for items other customers viewed you'll see the other T's on sale. Looks like Leafs, Pens, Wild, etc.

http://www.amazon.com/Columbus-Jackets-Premier-Jersey-X-Large/dp/B004EZHUWI/ref=sr_1_6?ie=UTF8&qid=1342227552&sr=8-6&keywords=Columbus+Blue+Jackets

Other jerseys are on sale as well.

This leafs shirt is pretty awesome

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B004I6DA2M/ref=as_li_ss_tl?ie=UTF8&tag=74345345-20&linkCode=as2&camp=1789&creative=390957&creativeASIN=B004I6DA2M

But the Sharks version is not on sale

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B004I6DA1I/ref=as_li_ss_tl?ie=UTF8&tag=74345345-20&linkCode=as2&camp=1789&creative=390957&creativeASIN=B004I6DA1I

:(

They have the teal version Of that sharks one on eastbay for $9.99 I believe

• Replies 495
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Axu-ySfCMAAlAfE.jpg

Picked this jersey up for $2 at the local resell shop. Cannot find any information on the Indiana Ice every wearing anything like it. I really like the jersey because I was a huge fan before the moved from Danville, Illinois and changed their name from the Wings to the Ice.

I can assure you that they wore it. Probably 3 or 4 years ago, I believe.

6fQjS3M.png

Some days, you just get lucky.

7587056072_b8eeda764d_b.jpg

I believe the TB & KC jerseys are from the 2000 season, because the MLB logo is on the back of the jersey, but they've still got the old Authentic Diamond Collection tags. The Reds jersey may be a real M&N jersey, and is autographed by someone who might have actually been Pete Rose. And all 3 were found in the wild at Seattle thrift stores!

Went to TJ Maxx the other day. They had Browns jerseys for Cribbs, McCoy, Haden, Quinn, Rogers, and Edwards at $15 bucks. They also had Browns breast cancer hats there for 6 bucks.

I live in the Toledo area, which TJ Maxx did you go to??? I have been looking for a cheap Browns jersey for a while now. Thanks.

It was actually in Strongsville, outside of Cleveland.

Damn live right down the road from Strongsville. I'll have to check out TJ. At the Marshalls in Middleburg Heights I got an Indians 59fifty script I hat for $12.

If you have time, go to the Marshalls in Medina. I was just there, they have a M&N Authentic Kosar jersey for 60 bucks, an authentic navy and cream Indians jerseys for 30, replica Sizemores for 20, a few Haden jerseys for 15, and Browns breast cancer hats for 7.

T1oYViW.png

I believe the TB & KC jerseys are from the 2000 season, because the MLB logo is on the back of the jersey, but they've still got the old Authentic Diamond Collection tags. The Reds jersey may be a real M&N jersey, and is autographed by someone who might have actually been Pete Rose. And all 3 were found in the wild at Seattle thrift stores!

What an amazing find. Here's a Pete Rose autograph on a baseball for comparison. I think that signature is real.

a20792b1269680023e3ee9_m.JPG

AM-JKLUm-gD6dFoY5MvQGgjXb2rzP7kMTHmGf8UsR6KOCYQnHU-0HSFi-zjXHepGDckUAHcduu3pVgvwxe06RKDW2y2Z2BmhEOe8OP-WSY1XqLT9KsQ0ZP75J9loQuNrvLW208pEWCg9jq8aNx-zFneH9aPQQA=w800-h112-no?authuser=0

spacer.png

Places to get cheap, real jerseys of traded players or players who left in free agency. Go.

Bump.

the worst helmets design to me is the Jacksonville jaguars hamlets from 1995 to 2012 because you can't see the logo vary wall

Places to get cheap, real jerseys of traded players or players who left in free agency. Go.

Bump.

Your best bet is still going to be eBay and Amazon, with the occasional sale at a jersey website (i.e. Sportsk, IceJerseys).

I'm currently looking at eBay, and there are a bunch of jerseys for sale starting at $20. I bought an Atlanta Thrashers rbk edge Home jersey for $25 yesterday.

My local thrift store sucks in regards to sports jerseys. They usually only have used jerseys of local Bantam or beer-league teams. However, I went today and they had quite a load: several European soccer jerseys, a Paul Pierce Celtics jersey, and a few hockey ones. They had a 90s Florida Panthers home which was in great condition...save for the stitched-off chest logo mad.gif. As well, they had a pre-Edge Senators home which I was tempted to buy, but my Leafs fandom held me back. I didn't buy any of those due to size/rooting interest, but I did pick up a Vince Carter Raptors home for $7. It's a cheap replica (the script/number are both the kind of rubbery material you'd find on a shirt, not screen-pressed/stitched), but it's definitely not a knockoff. Still a good pickup for less than 10 bucks, though.

SigggggII_zps101350a9.png

Nobody cares about your humungous-big signature. 

PotD: 29/1/12

My local thrift store sucks in regards to sports jerseys. They usually only have used jerseys of local Bantam or beer-league teams. However, I went today and they had quite a load: several European soccer jerseys, a Paul Pierce Celtics jersey, and a few hockey ones. They had a 90s Florida Panthers home which was in great condition...save for the stitched-off chest logo mad.gif. As well, they had a pre-Edge Senators home which I was tempted to buy, but my Leafs fandom held me back. I didn't buy any of those due to size/rooting interest, but I did pick up a Vince Carter Raptors home for $7. It's a cheap replica (the script/number are both the kind of rubbery material you'd find on a shirt, not screen-pressed/stitched), but it's definitely not a knockoff. Still a good pickup for less than 10 bucks, though.

Reminds me of my first ever thrift-store gem. Got a Vince Carter Raptors jersey (screen-printed) for $5, then gave it away to our school's biggest basketball fan in an under $5 Secret Santa gift exchange at school. Best gift anyone got that year.

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12, POTD 2/26/17

Putting aside whether or not the Rose signature is authentic, just getting a Rose jersey in that green color is a remarkable find. You can't even buy a Pete Rose jersey at the Reds website, all because of the gambling scandal. It's a sad situation, because Rose isn't just the all-time hits leader, he is one of the greatest players in Reds history, and was extremely popular up to the gambling problem.

I'm real jealous of that Devil Rays jersey. On the off chance you stumble upon one again I'd love to work something out with you to buy and send it to me.

90758391980.gif

What an amazing find. Here's a Pete Rose autograph on a baseball for comparison. I think that signature is real.

Ah, thanks for posting that. It's definitely the best Rose signature I've seen as far as matching what's on the jersey. The "e" in "Pete" on the jersey is really throwing me off, though- it's missing the loop/tail thing he seems to do most of the time, but I suppose that could be because jerseys are a pain in the butt to sign legibly.

Putting aside whether or not the Rose signature is authentic, just getting a Rose jersey in that green color is a remarkable find. You can't even buy a Pete Rose jersey at the Reds website, all because of the gambling scandal. It's a sad situation, because Rose isn't just the all-time hits leader, he is one of the greatest players in Reds history, and was extremely popular up to the gambling problem.

I hear you on that. It's why I figured the jersey was worth picking up regardless of whether or not the autograph is real. I can always wear it if the signature's a forgery, haha. :)

I'm real jealous of that Devil Rays jersey. On the off chance you stumble upon one again I'd love to work something out with you to buy and send it to me.

I am probably going to eBay the KC jersey- I figure it will interest someone out there since it's pre-black, original shield logo, etc...- but I'm pretty certain I'm holding on to the TB jersey. I mean, gradient! (Side note: A few years ago I sold an early '90s orange Orioles jersey on eBay for a song without realizing how uncommon it was. Still kick myself for unloading that one when I did.) I'll be sure to let folks here know if I ever find another one, though!

Picked up this Broncos baseball jersey of Reggie Hayward. Anyone know anything about this? If anyones interested in it, send me an offer!

broncosbaseballjersey001.jpg

broncosbaseballjersey002.jpg

As a Broncos fan that is awesome.

I did remember seeing some baseball jerseys of football players a while back on ebay. They were Reebok I believe and a different style. I wonder if this was a custom jersey? It is definitely very different and awesome.

Archived