What's wrong with this picture?

Raymie

I have an NFL produced hat from two years ago that still had the old logo and the new logo on the same hat (new one on the outside the old one inside on the tag). If the NFL's own partners can't always get it right, not a big deal that a news station didn't since it's not really a big difference between the two.

This drives me crazy so much so I do all of my own graphics when anchoring. My sports director doesn't care and will throw anything up on screen. I take pride knowing everything (OTS,full screen scoreboards etc) is updated when I anchor.

There is an absurdly large glass table behind him that cannot serve any purpose.

Their picture is of the old NFL shield...over a picture of a field...over some generic backsplash. All on a giant TV that probably weighs somewhere around 200 lbs and outdates the anchor.

The aforementioned TV appears to be on somebody's dresser.

The anchor's desk has what looks like 3 tiers, as the company doesn't have it in their 2012 budget for a 4th tier (as they spent it all on the oblong glass thing).

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

This drives me crazy so much so I do all of my own graphics when anchoring. My sports director doesn't care and will throw anything up on screen. I take pride knowing everything (OTS,full screen scoreboards etc) is updated when I anchor.

I'm probably going to do likewise when I start anchoring sports this year. At last check we were still using the Washington Capitals eagle logo.

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12,ย POTD 2/26/17

ย 

i hate it when the news uses old logos too

bugs the heck out of me

local station uses the old clippers logo still. subtle change, but it's still noticeable

i can already tell the new dodgers logo wont be used. it's only used by 1 station, but it's the station that broadcasts the games

when chris paul was traded to the clippers, they used a head shot of him but you could see the shoulders. the pic was CP in a photoshopped laker jersey

SMH

News channels often just Google a logo and throw it on screen. Sports reports on the Detroit stations often have outdated logos, especially for hockey it seems.

As a Director for a medium market TV Station, this isn't entirely true, yet not entirely false. We have AP stock image rights and usually have the updated logos for everything. Typically Sports is the only thing you can get away with taking off of Google, everything else is just too tight with copyright risks. So, if you do see something like this, it's probably either lazy Director/Producer or uneducated Director/Producer.

I remember the Super Bowl a couple years back in Tampa, they had the old Cardinals logos on most of the news stations, bothered the hell out of me.

Facebook: CustomSportsCovers Twitter: CSCovers

No because when the Irish came to Ireland and first came in contact with the leprechaun people, they didn't take their land away and force them to move west. Instead, the two groups learned to assimilate peacefully. However, certain tribes of the leprechaun refused to taint the pure blood and moved north into the forests of Ireland, only to be seen rarely, usually at the same time of a rainbows appearance and occasionally at the factories of Lucky Charms.

This is nothing.

NBC's Sunday Night Football still features the old AFC/NFC logos that were done away with two seasons ago. To make things worse, they even had a red version of the old NFC logo during a segment earlier this year.

6uXNWAo.png

Archived