NFL Divisional Round

phutmasterflex

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Ravens are using the Purple jersey-black pants combo again, which in my opinion, looks AWESOME.

I think it looks AWESOME as well!

It would look awesome with some stripes on the pants and striped socks. Just a little to much black from the waist down to make it work as is.

The Ravens are using the Purple jersey-black pants combo again, which in my opinion, looks AWESOME.

Eh. Purple has never looked AWESOME. Sorry, fellas.

6uXNWAo.png

ap-201201141815657170217.jpg

Gorgeous. It's a shame (though it obviously doesn't make sense that they would be anymore) that we don't get this once a year like when they were division foes.

And no, I don't care that the gold of the Saints' helmet doesn't match the pants. And by wearing the gold pants instead of black for huge games (like they did for the Super Bowl), aren't they acknowledging that the black pants look awful?

They did wear black pants at home last week.

I should have specified I was referring to their road set, which is why i said 'once a year' when the Saints would obviously be a road team only once a season intra-divison. The all-black doesn't look as bad as the black pants on the road.

65caba33-7cfc-417f-ac8e-5eb8cdd12dc9_zps

Proud moment for me today, as my fiancee sat down to watch a few minutes of football with me and spontaneously remarked that the Ravens' pants look awful because they have no stripes and are paired with black socks. We had never previously discussed anything to do with the Ravens' uniforms (or football pants and socks combinations, for that matter).

Eh. Purple has never looked AWESOME. Sorry, fellas.

I respect your opinion, but purple is a great color to me. However, the Vikings purple is better than the Ravens.

spacer.png

The 49ers/Saints game last week really showed how much more striking the 49ers' gold helmet is compared to the Saints' gold helmet. The 49ers helmets are beautiful. As someone who was completely ok with their previous set, the new helmets look great sans black.

>>>

I don't agree with that Cap, I think they're both ace in their own way.

49ers currently have a more 'burnished' shade of gold to compliment their nickname. The shade of gold ('Vegas' I think it is) that NO wears looks just as striking IMO, yet some others don't seem to think so and prefer their previous.

It's all a matter of opinion, but I do think Reebok could have done a better job making SF's current pants look closer to the burnished gold of their helmet. The 70s, 80s, and early 90s era it sure appeared to match quite well.

If Colorwerx was around I'd like to see the comparison in golds from the current to the Brodie & Montana-era version ...

Super_Bowl_XXIII_890122_20070914164510_gallery_600.jpg

I should have specified I was referring to their road set, which is why i said 'once a year' when the Saints would obviously be a road team only once a season intra-divison. The all-black doesn't look as bad as the black pants on the road.

I knew what ya meant, and agree ... but they still need striping on those black pants either way.

Also, I liked their throwback jersey with the sleeve striping better than the current one with the logo there. Make the golds match and it would be a gem. Wouldn't mind seeing them appear with white pants with the black jersey as an occasional change-up, like TB does. (maybe not) :therock:

09000d5d823d3279_gallery_600.jpg

Proud moment for me today, as my fiancee sat down to watch a few minutes of football with me and spontaneously remarked that the Ravens' pants look awful because they have no stripes and are paired with black socks. We had never previously discussed anything to do with the Ravens' uniforms (or football pants and socks combinations, for that matter).

That's why she's your fiancée. Definite marriage material.

If you hadn't noticed, Chawls loves his wrestling, whether it be real life or sim. :D

Truthfully, Baltimore's dark set like this would be so much better with purple socks, and not just to break up the leotard scheme, but to give them a desirable alternating pattern from the helmet on down.

+1. Suggs looks especially rediculous.

The 49ers/Saints game last week really showed how much more striking the 49ers' gold helmet is compared to the Saints' gold helmet. The 49ers helmets are beautiful. As someone who was completely ok with their previous set, the new helmets look great sans black.

>>>

I don't agree with that Cap, I think they're both ace in their own way.

49ers currently have a more 'burnished' shade of gold to compliment their nickname. The shade of gold ('Vegas' I think it is) that NO wears looks just as striking IMO, yet some others don't seem to think so and prefer their previous.

Oh, I think the Saints' gold helmets look great too, there's just something about the shade the 49ers use that really hits the spot for me.

Archived