NFL Divisional Round

phutmasterflex

Here's some stuff I found out about the 49ers vs. Saints game.

Saints are going white jersey/gold pants combo on Saturday.

Also, the 49ers have painted their end zone red. They basically just added red to the part of the end zone that had not been painted during the regular season

redendzones.jpg

http://forums.49ers.com/messageboard/showpost.php?p=4273497&postcount=19

Go A's!

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The old script on red was just gourgeous.(Why couldn't they do it full time, especially after the Giants left?)

I guess they only do it for playoff games, or so Chris Berman made it sound on NFL Countdown. Is this true and something there's some history to? If that's the case, I love that they do it that way.

IUe6Hvh.png

The old script on red was just gourgeous.(Why couldn't they do it full time, especially after the Giants left?)

I guess they only do it for playoff games, or so Chris Berman made it sound on NFL Countdown. Is this true and something there's some history to? If that's the case, I love that they do it that way.

During Elway's last few years the Broncos used to do that, too (they painted theirs orange). I believe a few other teams did that, as well.

I really like the idea or teams painting their endzones for the playoffs. It is something special which signifies how important the games are. I would have liked to see the Bears do that last year.

OldRomanSig2.jpg

The red on red looks ugly. The old red with gold writing looks so much better (as well as the script and as well as the previous uniform with red facemasks).

I actually like it, but I agree that the old uniforms and old script were so much better.

IUe6Hvh.png

I know the last two times the Bucs painted their endzones was for their home playoff games in 2005 and 2007.

I don't remember if they did it in 2002 or previous, but otherwise their endzones are always customary green.

they did vs SF in 2002

tigersallstars092.png

steelcurtain.png

ap-201201141815657170217.jpg

Gorgeous. It's a shame (though it obviously doesn't make sense that they would be anymore) that we don't get this once a year like when they were division foes.

And no, I don't care that the gold of the Saints' helmet doesn't match the pants. And by wearing the gold pants instead of black for huge games (like they did for the Super Bowl), aren't they acknowledging that the black pants look awful?

65caba33-7cfc-417f-ac8e-5eb8cdd12dc9_zps

Gorgeous. It's a shame (though it obviously doesn't make sense that they would be anymore) that we don't get this once a year like when they were division foes.

And no, I don't care that the gold of the Saints' helmet doesn't match the pants. And by wearing the gold pants instead of black for huge games (like they did for the Super Bowl), aren't they acknowledging that the black pants look awful?

>>>>

NO wore black pants in last years wild-card playoff game at Seattle. Did they not consider that to be a 'huge'' game? I do agree tho' that NO's black pants look awful, they're in dire need of striping and would probably look better if they wore gold numbers with black outline on the white away jersey, especially with striped black pants.

Also, the Saints gold pants seem to match their helmet alot better than the Niners does .. Same exact gold, just tuned down a notch. Either that or I'm color-blind.

09000d5d81d8d8e3_gallery_600.jpg

They did wear black pants at home last week.

IUe6Hvh.png

The 49ers/Saints game last week really showed how much more striking the 49ers' gold helmet is compared to the Saints' gold helmet. The 49ers helmets are beautiful. As someone who was completely ok with their previous set, the new helmets look great sans black.

Archived