Super Bowl XLVI field

buckeyecal

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If it's Giants-Patriots (again), unlike Super Bowl 42, I'd really like to see one of the endzones be painted red. Blue vs. Blue is sooooo dull.

As much as I want that to happen, It won't be. Anyway, if everything goes my way neither of those teams will be in the superbowl :D

sb xlvi will look like another colts home game SMH!

tigersallstars092.png

steelcurtain.png

It's gonna be weird to see the Colts' field painted without their artwork... especially with Patriots' logos! LOL. Anyways, I'm wondering how they're gonna do it since Indy has Blue and white field turfed endzones. Bring in special fieldturf endzones, or paint over? This always baffled me as to how they do it. They never change Boise State's for this same reason.

CCSLC sig 2016.jpg

20kujjp.jpg

And we have a winner!

SuperBowlXLVI_Pats-Giants.jpg

Worst matchup from an aesthetic point of view, especially on the fields.

Since they put the home team on the right last year they might do that again unless the AFC is on the left now and the NFC on the right.

Maybe they'll switch back and forth, like the jerseys.

spacer.png

And we have a winner!

Worst matchup from an aesthetic point of view, especially on the fields.

Since they put the home team on the right last year they might do that again unless the AFC is on the left now and the NFC on the right.

I seem to recall, although I cannot find a link, that the field and stadium configuration at Cowboys Stadium dictated the home team end zone being on the east end of the field. Can anyone else find that post?

"I still think a tag team of Jimmy B and Melo could kick the :censored: out of Jesus and God."

Syracuse Orangemen

2003 National Champions

[quote name=Cujo' timestamp='1327290795'

post='1732878]

And we have a winner!

Worst matchup from an aesthetic point of view, especially

on the fields.

I seem to recall, although I cannot find a link, that the field and stadium configuration at Cowboys Stadium dictated the home team end zone being on the east end of the field. Can anyone else find that post?

If that's true, it doesn't make any sense. Endzones are endzones. Lockerrooms are lockerrooms. You might be thinking of a different scenario.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

[quote name=Cujo' timestamp='1327290795'

post='1732878]

And we have a winner!

Worst matchup from an aesthetic point of view, especially

on the fields.

If that's true, it doesn't make any sense. Endzones are endzones. Lockerrooms are lockerrooms. You might be thinking of a different scenario.

Much better then what they currently do with putting the NFL shield in the middle and the superbowl logo on each side of the field. Question. Does the away team always get the right endzone? Just did a quick look up on google from the past few superbowls and the away teams on the right, so when the Steelers make the superbowl then their helmet logo wouldn't show. :P

. Yes, the away team end zone is to the right, which also alternates conferences. This year, the AFC is on the right.

I think for this time only, since the cowboys play there, the home team (packers) will be using their regular sideline up to from the press box which is the close to their locker room and the end zone will be on the right of the press box, next year It will be back to their regular spots for XLVI (if there will be one) and don't be suprised the configuration will be used for the NY/NJ Supe' in 2014 also.

This was the post I remembered from last year.

"I still think a tag team of Jimmy B and Melo could kick the :censored: out of Jesus and God."

Syracuse Orangemen

2003 National Champions

The Steelers end zone was on the east side of Cowboys Stadium for SB XLV.

The Steelers end zone was on the west side of the field, looking at it from the TV angle.

tumblr_lg126inLhK1qfkop6o1_r1_500.png

Syracuse Orangemen

2003 National Champions

that's what I was thinking. Instead of damaging the Colts endzones, just take that carpet up and replace it with some custom designs. (I guess that would be at least one legitimate reason to have to wait 2 weeks to play the game.) ^_^

The Colts installed a new field before this season. Their endzones are painted instead of having the actual strands colored. Several people commented on it, but that is why the Colts' endzones at home looked more faint and not as bright as in past years.

Also, great job on these fields. What template was used to make them? I have a few ideas I want to try if I end up getting Photoshop Elements.

OldRomanSig2.jpg

The Colts installed a new field before this season. Their endzones are painted instead of having the actual strands colored. Several people commented on it, but that is why the Colts' endzones at home looked more faint and not as bright as in past years.

The Big 10 Championship Game had no problems with the endzones....looks like the same for the Super Bowl

20sjdqc.jpg

anim_040d06ba-0611-bac4-cd7b-50fc54ad382 

The Big 10 Championship Game had no problems with the endzones....looks like the same for the Super Bowl

20sjdqc.jpg

I don't remember if they painted the whole endzones for the B1G championship or not, but regardless, I asssume the Colts' endzones weren't that impressive because they went thin on the paint. I always could tell the difference between colored strands and blank field that has the endzone painted, and I like painted better. The colored ones look cheaper to me (less like grass). Regardless, they will have the field looking great for the Super Bowl.

EDIT: This picture didn't show up on my computer at work.

OldRomanSig2.jpg

The Steelers end zone was on the east side of Cowboys Stadium for SB XLV.

The Steelers end zone was on the west side of the field, looking at it from the TV angle.

tumblr_lg126inLhK1qfkop6o1_r1_500.png

The television shots are from behind the visitors bench (where my seats are). Looking to the left is East, towards Dallas. So I stand by my original post.

newsig.jpg

Archived