College Football 2012 Season

wILL-INI

So what's the word on the full range of options Oregon has?

I've probably missed the full count, but all I've seen is two helmets and five jerseys.

My guess....

Jerseys: Green (2), White, Yellow, Black

Pants: Green, White, Yellow, Black

Helmets: Green liquid chrome, Carbon fiber liquid chrome, White, and wouldn't be surprised to see a black one.

Obviously I have no idea what they have coming out, other than what we've all already seen.

Perhaps two white jerseys?

White with green feathers and green numbers with gray outline.

White with white feathers and iridescent numbers with volt outline?

Not sure, but those could be the same jersey, just lots of iridescence.

EDIT: And I still don't think we've seen a white helmet. We'll see...

• Replies 9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've probably missed the full count, but all I've seen is two helmets and five jerseys.

My guess....

Helmets: Green liquid chrome, Carbon fiber liquid chrome, White, and wouldn't be surprised to see a black one.

Obviously I have no idea what they have coming out, other than what we've all already seen.

I'm still convinced that it's a white helmet in the picture showing the white jersey/pants combo from the back.

sportscarfskczps1d52136.png

My guess....

I'm still convinced that it's a white helmet in the picture showing the white jersey/pants combo from the back.

i think its Navy's helmet

*slowly backs out of room*

GRAPHIC ARTIST

BEHANCE  /  MEDIUM  /  DRIBBBLE

My guess....

It is the chrome carbon fiber helmet. The white you are seeing is light reflecting off of it. You can clearly see the carbon fiber pattern by the ear hole.

My guess....

2426913_o.gif

My guess....

It is the chrome carbon fiber helmet. The white you are seeing is light reflecting off of it. You can clearly see the carbon fiber pattern by the ear hole.

I'm sure you're right. I had originally thought it was white, with a carbon fiber wing pattern.

185051_277521592353517_1854120114_n.jpg

I'm disturbed by the fact that this person doesn't have arms.

Overall I like what they're doing with the exception of the jerseys that have the extreme contrasting colors for the wings and jersey. To me, the more subtle, tone on tone, look is preferable.

+1. From a distance, the high-contrast jerseys just melt together. On the yellow jersey, for example, the wings just blend together and look like black shoulders.

And from that same distance, on the low contrast feather color/jersey color version, the feathers just disappear. Is there a middle ground to be had?

I'd make them the silvery lure material to have a similar look as the helmet. That way they'd show strong in some light and be almost tone on tone in other light.

My guess....

2426913_o.gif

I love the new Navy Pop Tarts. Great way to build some viral buzz about the new lids.

navy.jpg

UyDgMWP.jpg

5th in NAT. TITLES  |  2nd in CONF. TITLES  |  5th in HEISMAN |  7th in DRAFTS |  8th in ALL-AMER  |  7th in WINS  |  4th in BOWLS |  1st in SELLOUTS  |  1st GAMEDAY SIGN

Here is a pic of the retail version of the Fighting Ducks uni:

52-89149-F.jpg

The feathers on the shoulders look much better when executed in a subtle way, like on the two green jerseys. I think the chrome look seen on the kelly green jersey is the best execution; dark enough to show, great texture and visual quality, yet subtle enough to not overpower. The contrast feathers are a bit too much for me. I think the green feathers on the white jersey look best of that bunch, but I'm still not quite on board. They also look much better from the front than they do from the back, where they are abruptly cut off with only a sliver of them showing. Love the iridescent numbers, though.

Did Nike ditch the mesh stomach (sweatbox I guess is what you guys call it) on the replicas, or is the new Oregon jersey actually devoid of the mesh stomach?

That's just the replica - see the NFL replicas vs. on-field. The on-field jerseys still have the mesh panels on the side and stomach.

Not to mention that these new Ducks replicas are now on the same new template as the new NFL replicas.

So, why does the Minnesota replica that was posted directly above this Oregon one have the mesh stomach?

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

Here is a pic of the retail version of the Fighting Ducks uni:

52-89149-F.jpg

The feathers on the shoulders look much better when executed in a subtle way, like on the two green jerseys. I think the chrome look seen on the kelly green jersey is the best execution; dark enough to show, great texture and visual quality, yet subtle enough to not overpower. The contrast feathers are a bit too much for me. I think the green feathers on the white jersey look best of that bunch, but I'm still not quite on board. They also look much better from the front than they do from the back, where they are abruptly cut off with only a sliver of them showing. Love the iridescent numbers, though.

Did Nike ditch the mesh stomach (sweatbox I guess is what you guys call it) on the replicas, or is the new Oregon jersey actually devoid of the mesh stomach?

That's just the replica - see the NFL replicas vs. on-field. The on-field jerseys still have the mesh panels on the side and stomach.

Not to mention that these new Ducks replicas are now on the same new template as the new NFL replicas.

So, why does the Minnesota replica that was posted directly above this Oregon one have the mesh stomach?

The Minnesota replica is probably a step-up from this Oregon one. It's like the new NFL replicas...the basic jersey doesn't have mesh on the stomach, but the two pricier ones do. They also have the flywire in the collar, while the basic ones don't.

Maybe only schools that use the speed machine template have the NFL replicas and teams that don't use SM have a regular mesh replica.

Denver Nuggets Kansas City Chiefs Tampa Bay Rays 

Colorado Buffaloes Purdue Boilermakers Florida Gators

Arkansas, Florida, Georgia, Michigan, and North Carolina are coming soon to Pop Tarts:YxVZP.jpg

Kind of a bummer they're all strawberry, though, especially since only Arkansas and Georgia have red in their color schemes.

Go Blueberry pretty much writes itself for Michigan. Should of gone for that instead of strawberry. Missed opportunity.

Although, I do like strawberry more than blueberry so I guess it works out for me. :P

My guess....

2426913_o.gif

LMAO!

GRAPHIC ARTIST

BEHANCE  /  MEDIUM  /  DRIBBBLE

It would be cool if we had a "Concepts" section to post these concepts in... B)

Good point haha. I didn't intend to threadjack, just wanted to imagine what they might look like this year. But since I did go a bit different than they will, check out this concepts link for a bunch of different combination possibilities. And please add your own, I want to see what everyone thinks Oregon looks best in.

My guess....

2426913_o.gif

I think the "I think it's Navy's helmet" saying should be a CCSLC saying, kind of like "clevejacked!"

AM-JKLUm-gD6dFoY5MvQGgjXb2rzP7kMTHmGf8UsR6KOCYQnHU-0HSFi-zjXHepGDckUAHcduu3pVgvwxe06RKDW2y2Z2BmhEOe8OP-WSY1XqLT9KsQ0ZP75J9loQuNrvLW208pEWCg9jq8aNx-zFneH9aPQQA=w800-h112-no?authuser=0

spacer.png

My guess....

2426913_o.gif

I think the "I think it's Navy's helmet" saying should be a CCSLC saying, kind of like "clevejacked!"

Using it!

Archived