College Football 2012 Season

wILL-INI

Dear Maryland: why? Why must you torture us?

This picture indicates that they are reintroducing yellow pants into the mix. Whether they are going to be in regular rotation, or possibly just for the Fighting Ducks Kelly green jersey which was posted earlier, I like the move. Yellow pants look good imo. Not sure I want to do the maths on how many extra uniform options it gives the team though!

Excellent news. The lack of yellow pants (and the fact that they replaced it with gray, of all colors) was one of my biggest complaints with the 2009 set.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

• Replies 9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Oregon Math isn't hard. You just multiply the numbers together for maximum combos.

For instance, 5 helmets, 6 jerseys, 4 pants and 6 socks would give you 720 total combinations.

(5 x 6 x 4 x 6 = 720)

UyDgMWP.jpg

5th in NAT. TITLES  |  2nd in CONF. TITLES  |  5th in HEISMAN |  7th in DRAFTS |  8th in ALL-AMER  |  7th in WINS  |  4th in BOWLS |  1st in SELLOUTS  |  1st GAMEDAY SIGN

You never know Adidas sold a bunch of both Michigan striped jerseys last year they had to do two special orders after the original release.

The Michigan Under the Lights jersey was actually kind of nice. The "M" looked more retro vintage and not just plain like Nebraska's and Wisconsin's which both seem uninspired and copycat to me.

1917730.jpg

It's not supposed to be a straight-up vintage game like Under the Lights was, though. It's supposed to represent the a more evolutionary side of football with a look that's inspired by the past, but updated in a flashy way. If you like the reflective stuff that's starting to pop up in sports, you're going to love this game.

retail version of Minnesota's new jersey:

52-69730-F.jpg

Here is a pic of the retail version of the Fighting Ducks uni:

52-89149-F.jpg

The feathers on the shoulders look much better when executed in a subtle way, like on the two green jerseys. I think the chrome look seen on the kelly green jersey is the best execution; dark enough to show, great texture and visual quality, yet subtle enough to not overpower. The contrast feathers are a bit too much for me. I think the green feathers on the white jersey look best of that bunch, but I'm still not quite on board. They also look much better from the front than they do from the back, where they are abruptly cut off with only a sliver of them showing. Love the iridescent numbers, though.

Did Nike ditch the mesh stomach (sweatbox I guess is what you guys call it) on the replicas, or is the new Oregon jersey actually devoid of the mesh stomach?

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

I just wasted a ton of time tonight imagining how Oregon might look (with a few tweaks of my own)... here are my favorite combos I've made so far:

2yxhd0l.jpg

24z9nhy.png

Cut me some slack on the wing pattern this was mostly done in paint haha!

I just wasted a ton of time tonight imagining how Oregon might look (with a few tweaks of my own)... here are my favorite combos I've made so far:

2yxhd0l.jpg

24z9nhy.png

Cut me some slack on the wing pattern this was mostly done in paint haha!

That pattern is overkill. Especially on the white jersey.

b0b5d4f702adf623d75285ca50ee7632.jpg
Why you make fun of me? I make concept for Auburn champions and you make fun of me. I cry tears.
Chopping off the dicks of Filipino boys and embracing causes that promote bigotry =/= strong moral character.

52-89149-F.jpg

The feathers on the shoulders look much better when executed in a subtle way, like on the two green jerseys. I think the chrome look seen on the kelly green jersey is the best execution; dark enough to show, great texture and visual quality, yet subtle enough to not overpower. The contrast feathers are a bit too much for me. I think the green feathers on the white jersey look best of that bunch, but I'm still not quite on board. They also look much better from the front than they do from the back, where they are abruptly cut off with only a sliver of them showing. Love the iridescent numbers, though.

Did Nike ditch the mesh stomach (sweatbox I guess is what you guys call it) on the replicas, or is the new Oregon jersey actually devoid of the mesh stomach?

That's just the replica - see the NFL replicas vs. on-field. The on-field jerseys still have the mesh panels on the side and stomach.

OD_Signature.jpg

52-89149-F.jpg

That's just the replica - see the NFL replicas vs. on-field. The on-field jerseys still have the mesh panels on the side and stomach.

Not to mention that these new Ducks replicas are now on the same new template as the new NFL replicas.

185051_277521592353517_1854120114_n.jpg

I'm disturbed by the fact that this person doesn't have arms.

Overall I like what they're doing with the exception of the jerseys that have the extreme contrasting colors for the wings and jersey. To me, the more subtle, tone on tone, look is preferable.

+1. From a distance, the high-contrast jerseys just melt together. On the yellow jersey, for example, the wings just blend together and look like black shoulders.

UyDgMWP.jpg

5th in NAT. TITLES  |  2nd in CONF. TITLES  |  5th in HEISMAN |  7th in DRAFTS |  8th in ALL-AMER  |  7th in WINS  |  4th in BOWLS |  1st in SELLOUTS  |  1st GAMEDAY SIGN

Overall I like what they're doing with the exception of the jerseys that have the extreme contrasting colors for the wings and jersey. To me, the more subtle, tone on tone, look is preferable.

+1. From a distance, the high-contrast jerseys just melt together. On the yellow jersey, for example, the wings just blend together and look like black shoulders.

A colleague of mine pointed out yesterday that, from a distance, the wings look kind of like tire treads.

See, you're not the only person to say this, but did you (all) feel the same way about the last iteration of wings? I like that they have both styles.

A colleague of mine pointed out yesterday that, from a distance, the wings look kind of like tire treads.

duck roadkill?

And from that same distance, on the low contrast feather color/jersey color version, the feathers just disappear. Is there a middle ground to be had?

And from that same distance, on the low contrast feather color/jersey color version, the feathers just disappear. Is there a middle ground to be had?

Fighting ducks?

So what's the word on the full range of options Oregon has?

I've probably missed the full count, but all I've seen is two helmets and five jerseys.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

i also agree, at least with the way they've applied the pattern. it HAS to be within that box the seams create i guess. the pattern just ends with some feathers being cut off for no reason (other than the seams but theres not graphic solution to it). its best not to draw attention to the that sketchy application

GRAPHIC ARTIST

BEHANCE  /  MEDIUM  /  DRIBBBLE

So what's the word on the full range of options Oregon has?

I've probably missed the full count, but all I've seen is two helmets and five jerseys.

My guess....

Jerseys: Green (2), White, Yellow, Black

Pants: Green, White, Yellow, Black

Helmets: Green liquid chrome, Carbon fiber liquid chrome, White, and wouldn't be surprised to see a black one.

Obviously I have no idea what they have coming out, other than what we've all already seen.

sportscarfskczps1d52136.png

Archived