College Football 2012 Season

wILL-INI

Here is a pic of the retail version of the Fighting Ducks uni:

52-89149-F.jpg

The feathers on the shoulders look much better when executed in a subtle way, like on the two green jerseys. I think the chrome look seen on the kelly green jersey is the best execution; dark enough to show, great texture and visual quality, yet subtle enough to not overpower. The contrast feathers are a bit too much for me. I think the green feathers on the white jersey look best of that bunch, but I'm still not quite on board. They also look much better from the front than they do from the back, where they are abruptly cut off with only a sliver of them showing. Love the iridescent numbers, though.

Did Nike ditch the mesh stomach (sweatbox I guess is what you guys call it) on the replicas, or is the new Oregon jersey actually devoid of the mesh stomach?

That's just the replica - see the NFL replicas vs. on-field. The on-field jerseys still have the mesh panels on the side and stomach.

Not to mention that these new Ducks replicas are now on the same new template as the new NFL replicas.

So, why does the Minnesota replica that was posted directly above this Oregon one have the mesh stomach?

The Minnesota replica is probably a step-up from this Oregon one. It's like the new NFL replicas...the basic jersey doesn't have mesh on the stomach, but the two pricier ones do. They also have the flywire in the collar, while the basic ones don't.

Actually, the Minnesota jersey is the older retail replica - the Oregon one is the new style going forward but this only school featured in that style for this year.

OD_Signature.jpg

• Replies 9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The more I look at that "Fighting Ducks" jersey, the more I hate it.

Would have been 1000x better if the black wings were yellow or white. Or not even having wings at all. The whole point of the kelly green is to have sort of a pseudo-throwback, but the wings are so art-deco looking that they destroy any semblance of "retro."

UyDgMWP.jpg

5th in NAT. TITLES  |  2nd in CONF. TITLES  |  5th in HEISMAN |  7th in DRAFTS |  8th in ALL-AMER  |  7th in WINS  |  4th in BOWLS |  1st in SELLOUTS  |  1st GAMEDAY SIGN

Would have been 1000x better if the black wings were yellow or white. Or not even having wings at all. The whole point of the kelly green is to have sort of a pseudo-throwback, but the wings are so art-deco looking that they destroy any semblance of "retro."

I disagree. I would think (hope) that the use of the kelly green was to re-introduce a traditional Oregon color into their modern uniform arsenal. It doesn't have to be a retro look to use this color. I think it's a gorgeous color that can be integral to their brand again moving forward.

The wings on the green one are the only ones I like. I'm disappointed by the other looks as I love the subtlety of the green-on-green wings. The high contrast wings look cheesy in comparison.

I disagree. I would think (hope) that the use of the kelly green was to re-introduce a traditional Oregon color into their modern uniform arsenal. It doesn't have to be a retro look to use this color. I think it's a gorgeous color that can be integral to their brand again moving forward.

The wings on the green one are the only ones I like. I'm disappointed by the other looks as I love the subtlety of the green-on-green wings. The high contrast wings look cheesy in comparison.

I guess I just don't see it that way. I respect the decision to actually include a real school color instead of Day-Glo Highlighter Yellow, but the black-on-green isn't doing it for me.

Actually, the wing pattern in general is a downgrade from their old pattern, IMO. Last year's look with the classic "O" helmet and the older wing style was massively better.

THIS:

lamichael-james-opxu-4444.jpg

is one-thousand times better than THIS:

oregon-football-uniform.jpg

UyDgMWP.jpg

5th in NAT. TITLES  |  2nd in CONF. TITLES  |  5th in HEISMAN |  7th in DRAFTS |  8th in ALL-AMER  |  7th in WINS  |  4th in BOWLS |  1st in SELLOUTS  |  1st GAMEDAY SIGN

It would be cool if we had a "Concepts" section to post these concepts in... B)

Good point haha. I didn't intend to threadjack, just wanted to imagine what they might look like this year. But since I did go a bit different than they will, check out this concepts link for a bunch of different combination possibilities. And please add your own, I want to see what everyone thinks Oregon looks best in.

I like the all white. The "Fighting Ducks" jersey is my favorite though.

I liked the old, but I think the new wings are an improvement. Ducks have rows of feathers, not just one set. I also prefer the non-contrasting ones more. It's not like a duck's wings are a different color than the rest of the body (in most cases).

The wings aren't black. They're a darker metallic green. They just look black in that retail jersey photo. See the photo below, clearly green.

New-2012-Oregon-Football-Uniforms.jpg

I guess I just don't see it that way. I respect the decision to actually include a real school color instead of Day-Glo Highlighter Yellow, but the black-on-green isn't doing it for me.

Actually, the wing pattern in general is a downgrade from their old pattern, IMO. Last year's look with the classic "O" helmet and the older wing style was massively better.

THIS:

agreed. the fact that the "old" wing element was designed to fit the jersey makes it better than the new pattern that just fills a box as much as possible until it abruptly runs out of room and ends. i don;t hate the new stuff but im really going to miss the old

GRAPHIC ARTIST

BEHANCE  /  MEDIUM  /  DRIBBBLE

THIS:

agreed. the fact that the "old" wing element was designed to fit the jersey makes it better than the new pattern that just fills a box as much as possible until it abruptly runs out of room and ends. i don;t hate the new stuff but im really going to miss the old

I agree, the old wings were a logo unto themselves...the new are just a design element.

7845385022_9461a458d9_o.png

Are black shoes out?

Are black shoes out?

Surprised it took someone that long to notice. USC wouldn't comment, but it sure looks that way. Or perhaps these a shoes to be worn with their PCR unis. I wish they would stick with the black shoes, white laces and white socks (though I know we already lost the sock battle).

Are black shoes out?

Surprised it took someone that long to notice. USC wouldn't comment, but it sure looks that way. Or perhaps these a shoes to be worn with their PCR unis. I wish they would stick with the black shoes, white laces and white socks (though I know we already lost the sock battle).

That's the one gripe I have about Auburn's uniforms. I love how they looked in black socks and shoes. I don't think the white/white that they wear now looks bad until I watch highlights from a few years ago and see how good they looked then. It's amazing how much different sock and shoe color can make a uniform.

That's the one gripe I have about Auburn's uniforms. I love how they looked in black socks and shoes. I don't think the white/white that they wear now looks bad until I watch highlights from a few years ago and see how good they looked then. It's amazing how much different sock and shoe color can make a uniform.

QFT

That's why more teams need to wear knee high socks.

102526_crop_340x234.jpg?1269015270

Archived