College Football 2012 Season

wILL-INI

185051_277521592353517_1854120114_n.jpg

What's up with the facemask? Was that pattern there last year?

They didn't have the carbon fiber on the facemask last year.

Thanks. Is it me, or is the remainder of that facemask chrome plated? I don't think I would want to try to field a punt wearing something like that.

Yea, it's the liquid chrome they used on last year's Rose Bowl helmets. The helmet is carbon fiber, with the liquid chrome making up the wing pattern.

sportscarfskczps1d52136.png

• Replies 9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What's up with the facemask? Was that pattern there last year?

They didn't have the carbon fiber on the facemask last year.

Thanks. Is it me, or is the remainder of that facemask chrome plated? I don't think I would want to try to field a punt wearing something like that.

Yea, it's the liquid chrome they used on last year's Rose Bowl helmets. The helmet is carbon fiber, with the liquid chrome making up the wing pattern.

the carbon fiber pattern probably isnt repeated on the inside of the facemask

StLouisCardinals.png

CowboysClassic_zpsb3d9923d.png

#9 LSU vs. TCU

I really dislike the fact they're not wearing the classic O on their helmets.

i like the O too, but the wings are just as good as a logo when it comes to identifying the team. this is not a school that is about standing still though. always getting better, pushing forward.

GRAPHIC ARTIST

BEHANCE  /  MEDIUM  /  DRIBBBLE

10452_277521602353516_1392034239_n.jpg

If those have the same colored numbers as the Rose Bowl unis, then they will look incredible and will stand out much more against the backdrop of the white jerseys.

Damn...has that mesh become fishnet now?? :blink:

On another note...those irridescent numbers are eleventy billion different kinds of cool.

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

Nike's insistence on running each publicity photo through every Photoshop filter imaginable only serves to muddy the waters. Seeing the uniforms under even semi-normal lighting conditions and without a high-pass or toning filter applied would help everyone get a better idea of what these things actually look like in reality.

When are we going to see all the jerseys/pants/helmets?

Guessing Friday or Sat, team doesn't have practice on Friday, could see some players model it then. Also say Saturday cause that's when fan day is, they will be in primary greens for that most likely. Could perhaps see some sort of unveil there.

10452_277521602353516_1392034239_n.jpg

If those have the same colored numbers as the Rose Bowl unis, then they will look incredible and will stand out much more against the backdrop of the white jerseys.

Damn...has that mesh become fishnet now?? :blink:

On another note...those irridescent numbers are eleventy billion different kinds of cool.

they call it chain-maille mesh.

Is that the official name? That's not how you spell chain mail.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

Is that the official name? That's not how you spell chain mail.

"With the integration of Chain Maille Mesh into the jersey as well as the functional winged pattern on the shoulders, this is truly the lightest, fastest football uniform we?ve ever made."

http://www.nikeinc.com/news/nike-highlights-new-integrated-uniform-system-for-oregon-ducks-season

that is the old spelling. Newer spelling shortened the name to the spelling you used.

I'm disturbed by the fact that this person doesn't have arms.

He does. He's just stretching his arms outward horizontally.

If you hadn't noticed, Chawls loves his wrestling, whether it be real life or sim. :D

first post!

Really love the new Oregon uniforms. Looking forward to some more images, especially with the jersey's on the players.

Haven't seen it mentioned yet, but in the few pictures released today, there was this one

405195_277521545686855_1785715717_n.jpg

This picture indicates that they are reintroducing yellow pants into the mix. Whether they are going to be in regular rotation, or possibly just for the Fighting Ducks Kelly green jersey which was posted earlier, I like the move. Yellow pants look good imo. Not sure I want to do the maths on how many extra uniform options it gives the team though!

Nike's insistence on running each publicity photo through every Photoshop filter imaginable only serves to muddy the waters. Seeing the uniforms under even semi-normal lighting conditions and without a high-pass or toning filter applied would help everyone get a better idea of what these things actually look like in reality.

ive complained about that too. Adidas is doing it right with the brick background and locker room like setting

GRAPHIC ARTIST

BEHANCE  /  MEDIUM  /  DRIBBBLE

Archived