College Football 2012 Season

wILL-INI

Any pictures from the Okie State game?

http://scores.espn.g...photoId=2487945

The helmets have no black or orange.

The jersey has no gray.

The pants have no white. (Minus Pistol Pete's face)

Disjointed mess.

Eh... the helmet decals looked pretty awful, but overall the uniforms weren't terrible. They just weren't that great either.

• Replies 9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We (Tulane) wore all green (and we won too!). As you'll see, we adjusted our logo for October's seasonal cancer awareness.

11701771-standard.jpg11701773-standard.jpg11702216-standard.jpg

The pink socks and decal marred the overall uni. But the color reflects June Jones' chicken-livered calls today.

FsQiF2W.png

From a purely aesthetic viewpoint, I like South Carolina's jerseys. The camo on the pants is overkill, but the jerseys look good. But they shouldn't be wearing gray at all, especially in one of the biggest games of the year.

Wordmark_zpsaxgeaoqy.jpg

From a purely aesthetic viewpoint, I like South Carolina's jerseys. The camo on the pants is overkill, but the jerseys look good. But they shouldn't be wearing gray at all, especially in one of the biggest games of the year.

I could see them wearing those jerseys as an alternate, but the pants have to go.

spacer.png

Utah State wore White/Gray/White at San Jose:

201210131926699755699-p2.jpg

Gallery here. This is what I mean when I wish the gray was a shade or two darker; it looks too close to white in sunlight. It's not bad, mind you, but it would stand apart better if it was a medium or dark gray. To be fair, it manages to look dark under stadium lights.

As for other observations throughout college football:

--Besides the camo pants, South Carolina looked good. I hope they pair those gray jerseys with white pants sometime this year. This shade of gray is perfect IMO, works well with the Gamecocks' dark red (and the rest of their color scheme) and should be worn by many other teams with gray (including Utah State).

--I don't get the hate for Oklahoma State's gray helmets and pants, though the helmets look better with an orange "OSU."

--I'm not a fan of the BYU blackout, but this is a step in the right direction for those pining for the Cougars' return to their traditional (read:royal-ish) blue. They might also be able to logically keep these black uniforms if they go with a set based upon their 1990s colors (royal blue, white, black trim). I'm probably grasping at straws here, but I (and many college football followers) remember the Cougars best in a royal-ish blue. I happened to like the reversed oval Y (white oval, blue Y; one of the only things good about these uniforms), and I wouldn't mind seeing a reversed blue helmet in the future. BTW, am I the only one to notice a "bubbling" (or popping) effect on the helmet logo's Y? Or am I seeing things?

154074627.0_standard_730.0.jpg

--While I'm still on the topic of Oregon State/BYU, those Beavers uniforms are a modern classic IMO. After looking at Lights Out's Oregon State concept (forum here), the more I think that number font and the angling in it was meant to mimick the Oregon State academic logo (below), and it's something I've grown to like more and more.

OSU.gif

==EDIT==

--I love Louisville's set (another classic look, this time straight out of the 1980s and/or 1990s), though I'd love to see them wear red pants with their white jerseys and white pants with their red jerseys once in a while.

Pyc5qRH.gifRDXvxFE.gif

usu-scarf_8549002219_o.png.b2c64cedbb44307eaace2cf7f96dd6b1.png

AKA @LanRovr0 on Twitter

LED Sig Credits to packerfan21396

Looking at the last two posts, you almost understand why Paul Lukas is such a crankbox... BYU and Arkansas have no business wearing black (or "anthracite") and look terrible doing it.

154074627.0_standard_730.0.jpg

--While I'm still on the topic of Oregon State/BYU, those Beavers uniforms are a modern classic IMO. After looking at Lights Out's Oregon State concept (forum here), the more I think that number font and the angling in it was meant to mimick the Oregon State academic logo (below), and it's something I've grown to like more and more.

OSU.gif

==EDIT==

Funny you should say that since the school is about to go through a Nike rebranding similar to Okie State, ASU and TCU.

usc2.jpg

That doesn't look bad, but I think it's weird how the plume is completely disjointed from the rest of the logo. I can't stop staring at that.

If they are going to go this route, I'd like to see a stroke around the whole thing. Perserve some of the details of the logo.

My dislike for keylines on logos aside (especialy kelylines used to separate logos and backgrounds that are of the same color), I don't think a keyline reveals anything that isn't already defined by the highlights. The entire silhouette is preserved by the highlights of the hemet, face and plume, and the keyline would just follow around the stuff that's already there, making it pretty redundant.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

--I'm not a fan of the BYU blackout, but this is a step in the right direction for those pining for the Cougars' return to their traditional (read:royal-ish) blue. They might also be able to logically keep these black uniforms if they go with a set based upon their 1990s colors (royal blue, white, black trim). I'm probably grasping at straws here, but I (and many college football followers) remember the Cougars best in a royal-ish blue. I happened to like the reversed oval Y (white oval, blue Y; one of the only things good about these uniforms), and I wouldn't mind seeing a reversed blue helmet in the future. BTW, am I the only one to notice a "bubbling" (or popping) effect on the helmet logo's Y? Or am I seeing things?

I was flipped to this game everytime Utah/UCLA went to commercials and I can say you're not seeing things. The Y was definitely raised up from the rest of the decal. It was really odd to see a 3D decal like that.

jazzsig4

I HATE THIS TIMELINE

I was flipped to this game everytime Utah/UCLA went to commercials and I can say you're not seeing things. The Y was definitely raised up from the rest of the decal. It was really odd to see a 3D decal like that.

Here's a BYU release describing the 3D logo:

http://byucougars.com/blog/m-football/entry/more-information-blackout-helmets

Visit my store on REDBUBBLE

Funny you should say that since the school is about to go through a Nike rebranding similar to Okie State, ASU and TCU.

I wonder what other schools are doing that for next year... UConn, anyone?

It is an 18-24 month process. No other schools going through it right now (besides OrSt) that I know of.

It is an 18-24 month process. No other schools going through it right now (besides OrSt) that I know of.

Isn't Illinois implementing a rebrand with Nike that is going to take roughly the same amount of time starting next year?

Wordmark_zpsaxgeaoqy.jpg

Isn't Illinois implementing a rebrand with Nike that is going to take roughly the same amount of time starting next year?

Yeah I thought Illinois was rebranding as well.

Letsgoblue.png

holland_hs_sig.pngHollandMichiganPNG_zps9365937b.png

They might be, but just getting new unis isn't the same thing. A google of 'nike graphic identity group illinois" doesn't seem to indicate they are getting the full rebrand, but I don't know.

Archived