College Football 2012 Season

wILL-INI

Yeah, Northwestern was one of the drivers of the BFBS train. This alternate is hardly unexpected.

That said, while I like the new home/alternate NU uniforms, the purple and black don't have enough contrast to make the stripe stand out enough. The stripe works great on the road uniforms though.

• Replies 9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah, Northwestern was one of the drivers of the BFBS train. This alternate is hardly unexpected.

That said, while I like the new home/alternate NU uniforms, the purple and black don't have enough contrast to make the stripe stand out enough. The stripe works great on the road uniforms though.

Which is precisely why I like the dark jerseys better. There isn't a large contrasting stripe across the chest.

Wordmark_zpsaxgeaoqy.jpg

Which is precisely why I like the dark jerseys better. There isn't a large contrasting stripe across the chest.

See, this is why I like both. On the road, you get a bold statement when new recruits who may not otherwise see NU are seeing them at games or on local TV, but at home, with all the Alumni and boosters, you get a more sublimated (and deceivingly traditional) look.

Best of both worlds.

A5Q8Vh-CEAEpiQ3.jpg

looks decent to me. yea black is a school color so they're "allowed" to use it but it still feels like a BFBS uniform because everyone who does black, does it like this. purple pants would be a nice touch here

Seconded. Would be like the good old days back in the '90s and early aughts.

At least its not that horrid uniform they rolled out last year. I wonder if the purple stripes will be easier to see.

Until the horse is on both sides its not the best black helmet out there.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

That Boise State helmet would be in the running for best ever if their colors were black and silver. It's a great looking design and color combination. The uniforms that go with it are just bad though. The gradient numbers are horrible and blue and orange is a color combination that typically doesn't look very good with black as a base color to me.

Wordmark_zpsaxgeaoqy.jpg

That Boise State helmet would be in the running for best ever if their colors were black and silver. It's a great looking design and color combination. The uniforms that go with it are just bad though. The gradient numbers are horrible and blue and orange is a color combination that typically doesn't look very good with black as a base color to me.

That and the first thing I think of when I see them is Florida. No matter how many times I look at them, my first reaction is never to identify it as a BSU jersey but as Florida one.

wisco_adidas-1.jpggbp-2.jpg

I think the blue one looks good, but the white is just okay. The black helmet is by far the best out of the three in my opinion. But I'm still not really sure how I feel about the other side of the helmet. I'm not totally against having two different things on each side of the helmet, but I don't think such a modern design is the right time to go with a number on the other side. I definitely think the helmets would be better with the bronco on each side, even if that would make it harder on the equipment managers to put together.

Wordmark_zpsaxgeaoqy.jpg

I'm alright with northwestern going with black uniforms but Boise State and BYU ? Really that's just another example of BFBS that is getting carried way out of control. HS, Colleges, and Pros and Stick with colors that are already in your palette.

#DTWD #GoJaguars

I'm surprised TCU's purple "hydrochrome" helmet by HGI hasn't gotten as much Love. That thing is just gorgeous...

I feel the same way but hadn't said anything so as not to be too homerish.

227589_10151195283872940_185201054_n.jpg

580969_10151195284572940_1611378270_n.jpg

It may just be me but I think this helmet has way too many design elements. You've got chrome, scales, school logo, and the frog. As much as like the frog I think he doesn't quite fit with this design.

Good look at ND's gold facemasks:

466474_509133029116248_624579766_o.jpg

hmm they sure looked gray on tv...

The lighting gives the facemasks a gold hue in that pic, but the facemasks were actually the regular gray facemasks.

http://www.gettyimages.com/detail/news-photo/manti-teo-of-the-notre-dame-fighting-irish-encourages-the-news-photo/154136747

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

Archived