College Football 2012 Season

wILL-INI

It's a tradition that sucks, too. The slab serif N would look so much better on a helmet.

You just want teams to get rid of everything classic, don't you? Just admit it.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

• Replies 9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't mind the Ark. State uniforms. I think the stAte wordmark across the chest is too big though, but besides that I don't mind the look.

it looks like they took clip art of every design possible in the catalog and shoved it on the jersey . the claws on the shoulders look more like wings

I'm watching the game on my iphone 4 and I can tell they're claw marks and not wings. Also I don't notice them enough to make me think they're an eyesore.

if you saw them from the top down in movement, they look more like wings instead of claws. what kind of claws belong on the upper shoulder anyway? they should be on the side of the jersey if at all

Even top down they look like claw marks. I've never seen wings that are THREE separate (outlined someone carefully said) and they look like claw marks at any angle.

Have you seen a wolf attack? They attack with their paws out facing down and high which would range in the shoulder area depending on the side of the man/wolf. They wouldn't be on the sides, wolves don't turn their wrists to go for the sides.

AttackCowboy.jpg

looks like the claw marks would be perfect for the shoulder area. Granted do I think they're a perfect addition to the uniform? no but I don't they're worth getting all worked up about. I barely notice them and they don't take enough focus away from the game being played.

spacer.png

It's a tradition that sucks, too. The slab serif N would look so much better on a helmet.

I actually agree with him. The serif N would look better.

b0b5d4f702adf623d75285ca50ee7632.jpg
Why you make fun of me? I make concept for Auburn champions and you make fun of me. I cry tears.
Chopping off the dicks of Filipino boys and embracing causes that promote bigotry =/= strong moral character.

I actually agree with him. The serif N would look better.

the problem i have with that is it makes their identity closer to Wisconsin, Stanford, IU, and NCState, who all use red/white and slab serif type. the current helmet has been around about as long as any other out there and the letter is completely distinctive. its a very clean look and a unique design. personally, visually i prefer the current letter anyway

GRAPHIC ARTIST

BEHANCE  /  MEDIUM  /  DRIBBBLE

I know I said it in another post but that Nebraska helmet is indeed juvenile crap. A roll of red tape was used to make that helmet.

Says the man with the over-detailed and (possibly) offensive Native American logo.

Nebraska's "Skinny N" is in use for the exact same reason FSU still has Chief Osceola kicking around - tradition.

UyDgMWP.jpg

5th in NAT. TITLES  |  2nd in CONF. TITLES  |  5th in HEISMAN |  7th in DRAFTS |  8th in ALL-AMER  |  7th in WINS  |  4th in BOWLS |  1st in SELLOUTS  |  1st GAMEDAY SIGN

I know I said it in another post but that Nebraska helmet is indeed juvenile crap. A roll of red tape was used to make that helmet.

Says the man with the over-detailed and (possibly) offensive Native American logo.

Nebraska's "Skinny N" is in use for the exact same reason FSU still has Chief Osceola kicking around - tradition.

That is right. FSU is bigger than the NCAA. Ask North Dakota. Want to know why? Because we kicked that juvenile little N on several occasions. (Yay, college football!)

Classy tribute on one of the best helmets in football.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

More on the Nebraska secondary update:

Secondary (new)

tumblr_md6onhiMmv1qm0tji.jpgk

I'm still deciding if I like it. It has a Mississippi State feel to it, which is definitely a classic look, but I'm not sure it fits Nebraska. It is, however, a secondary and not primary mark.

Is this the first time a Revo Speed helmet has been used in a logo?

Secondary (new)

I'm still deciding if I like it. It has a Mississippi State feel to it, which is definitely a classic look, but I'm not sure it fits Nebraska. It is, however, a secondary and not primary mark.

Anyone else see the mistake on the facemask?

xjjjkmyrkomnngi20121109.jpg

Good result, awful uniforms.

really? with the way everyone reacted i was expecting something like Georgia Tech. yea they have a generic logo with at least 1 too many strokes and the claw marks are cheesy but i think thats a solid uniform. i give it an average score

Secondary (new)

Anyone else see the mistake on the facemask?

thats trippy

GRAPHIC ARTIST

BEHANCE  /  MEDIUM  /  DRIBBBLE

Archived