College Football 2012 Season

wILL-INI

Arizona State in the correct uniform at Oregon State, though they now have matte yellow lids.

No, ASU's best road look is gold-white-maroon. Gold-white-gold is just too bright.

Actually Maroon White Maroon their best road look

No, ASU should ditch the maroon, white and black helmets. Their gold helmet is almost unique - LSU is the only other FBS school that wears a helmet with a similar shade. It's a great look and they should stick to it. None of this mix-and-match nonsense.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

• Replies 9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

After tonight, Boise State should burn the Orange Jerseys. If I am correct, we are 0-2 in them on the Blue Turf (TCU last year, SDSU this year)

Make that 1-2. They beat Fresno State two years ago in the Orange tops on the smurf turf. As a combo I think white/orange/white was really cool. I despise the school but loved the combo.l I would love to have seen Florida wear their 2 game white helmets with orange jerseys and white pants.

Brandyn+Thompson+Fresno+State+v+Boise+State+ElP8XJPqRoSl.jpg

Arizona State in the correct uniform at Oregon State, though they now have matte yellow lids.

No, ASU's best road look is gold-white-maroon. Gold-white-gold is just too bright.

Actually Maroon White Maroon their best road look

No, ASU should ditch the maroon, white and black helmets. Their gold helmet is almost unique - LSU is the only other FBS school that wears a helmet with a similar shade. It's a great look and they should stick to it. None of this mix-and-match nonsense.

only one way to settle this. somebody get out the rule book and look up which combination is actually their best look. there's got to be a right answer, otherwise it'd be anarchy in here. . .

GRAPHIC ARTIST

BEHANCE  /  MEDIUM  /  DRIBBBLE

Maryland vs. Georgia Tech has got to be the ugliest uniform matchup ever.

Georgia Tech looks ugly as always. But dammit I love those Maryland uniforms. I should hate them, but they look sharp to me.

0512B888-7D3F-460D-A8B0-5C1E0601AFD0-2540-0000033AA9CEBD61.jpg

Now that is a nice looking helmet! They need to use that face mask all the time.

The helmet is the saving grace in the uniform, but they need to change the facemask to gray.

Now, now you know I hate gray facemasks and you are simply trolling...stop it.

Believe it or not nuordr, people do in fact have different opinions than yours and that does not mean they are trolling.

Believe it or not, but I don't care what you think Spleen. I was being sarcastic to Raysfan12. We all have different opinions, but I was curious how removing a team color makes a uniform better?

If the helmet logo, the numerals and the lettering are all grey, how does a grey mask not work here? The two-tome mask is cool and works well with this helmet (it's actually pretty innovative), but that doesn't mean a grey mask doesn't work from a purely visual standpoint.

The stripeing inconsistencies with LSU is for some reason bothering me really bad tonight. Pants are 5 stripes with P-Y-W-Y-P. Jersey is 3 with P-Y-P and lids are 3 with P-W-P (The purple looks black honestly). This bothering anybody else?

Nope. I don't think all stripes have to match. And the pant stripes aren't really far enough apart to stand out.

The stripes don't have to match, but when they're this similar, it looks like a mistake or an oversight that they don't match. I've long thought they should utilize a brighter purple for their helmet, but the pant stripe bothers me more. Fix the stripe and brighten the purple on the helmet, and LSUs white uniform is significantly improved. To be honest, I don't really like how the sleeve cuff looks with the shoulder striping, either, but if they either removed it or repeated the sleeve cuff striping elsewhere, like on the collar or on the top of a white crew sock, then I think the uniform would be flawless.

Their purple jersey is significantly not-quite-as-good-looking, but I think that could be improved by inverting the gold and white on the stripes.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

Georgia Tech looks ugly as always. But dammit I love those Maryland uniforms. I should hate them, but they look sharp to me.

Now that is a nice looking helmet! They need to use that face mask all the time.

The helmet is the saving grace in the uniform, but they need to change the facemask to gray.

Believe it or not nuordr, people do in fact have different opinions than yours and that does not mean they are trolling.

Believe it or not, but I don't care what you think Spleen. I was being sarcastic to Raysfan12. We all have different opinions, but I was curious how removing a team color makes a uniform better?

If the helmet logo, the numerals and the lettering are all grey, how does a grey mask not work here? The two-tome mask is cool and works well with this helmet (it's actually pretty innovative), but that doesn't mean a grey mask doesn't work from a purely visual standpoint.

I must be blind because I do not see any grey on that helmet logo.

spacer.png

nuordr, sometimes I wonder if you might actually be blind, or at least vision impaired.

I have starred at that logo on the helmet for 5 minutes and still do not see grey. I see the white logo and the maroon helmet, but no grey.

spacer.png

After tonight, Boise State should burn the Orange Jerseys. If I am correct, we are 0-2 in them on the Blue Turf (TCU last year, SDSU this year)

1-2. BSU whooped Fresno on the Blue in all orange two years ago. Still, though, those things need to be burned. They're ugly, they're cursed, and they don't even match the current uniform set. I don't like the BFBS uniforms but I'll take them in a landslide over those hideous orange duds.

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

I must be blind because I do not see any grey on that helmet logo.

i believe its white too, but his point is still good. a grey mask always works fine. and if theres more grey throughout the uniform, then even better

GRAPHIC ARTIST

BEHANCE  /  MEDIUM  /  DRIBBBLE

MILK CAN

1349890054.png Fresno State vs. Boise State

All-Time Series: Boise State 10-4

Last 10 Games: Boise State 9-1

Current Holder: Boise State

2012 Matchup: 10/13

Notes:

The Dairy industry is huge in both states, and top companies were supporters and boosters of both programs. Two dairymen of the separate companies developed the idea of a traveling trophy between the schools.

Former WAC rivals, now Mountain West Conference rivals

That's a really cool trophy.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

Make that 1-2. They beat Fresno State two years ago in the Orange tops on the smurf turf. As a combo I think white/orange/white was really cool. I despise the school but loved the combo.l I would love to have seen Florida wear their 2 game white helmets with orange jerseys and white pants.

Brandyn+Thompson+Fresno+State+v+Boise+State+ElP8XJPqRoSl.jpg

Well, either my ability to count or my memory is impaired :therock: , but IMO, the only thing orange about our uniforms should be the orange pants.

AmPJ0Ty.png 

As if Rutgers didn't have enough variations of the exact same lid:

A689U9_CYAEnpNd.jpg

I'm really getting tired of this stuff. We get it: you support the troops, have 50 different helmet decals and interchangeable facemasks. It's getting to the point where in the next decade, we will look back and see the standard helmets in about half of pictures. Too much pandering, too many alternates, too much everything. Pick some home and road default unis, maybe throw in an alternate or two and call it a day. The weekly dress-up, new outfit every week thing is getting old. You're playing football, not standing in front of the mirror asking buddies, "Does this look good on me?"

Archived