College Football 2012 Season

wILL-INI

As if Rutgers didn't have enough variations of the exact same lid:

A689U9_CYAEnpNd.jpg

I'm really getting tired of this stuff. We get it: you support the troops, have 50 different helmet decals and interchangeable facemasks. It's getting to the point where in the next decade, we will look back and see the standard helmets in about half of pictures. Too much pandering, too many alternates, too much everything. Pick some home and road default unis, maybe throw in an alternate or two and call it a day. The weekly dress-up, new outfit every week thing is getting old. You're playing football, not standing in front of the mirror asking buddies, "Does this look good on me?"

Not to mention it just muddles the whole identity. Why alter your logo in any way? Especially since you ALREADY have a red themed identity (Scarlet, yes, I know.)

There are thousands of other non-destructive ways to support the troops/miltary/'Merica than this...

• Replies 9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A689U9_CYAEnpNd.jpg

I'm really getting tired of this stuff. We get it: you support the troops, have 50 different helmet decals and interchangeable facemasks. It's getting to the point where in the next decade, we will look back and see the standard helmets in about half of pictures. Too much pandering, too many alternates, too much everything. Pick some home and road default unis, maybe throw in an alternate or two and call it a day. The weekly dress-up, new outfit every week thing is getting old. You're playing football, not standing in front of the mirror asking buddies, "Does this look good on me?"

Not to mention it just muddles the whole identity. Why alter your logo in any way? Especially since you ALREADY have a red themed identity (Scarlet, yes, I know.)

There are thousands of other non-destructive ways to support the troops/miltary/'Merica than this...

What part of this is destructive?

Nothing wrong with teams doing a red/white/blue color scheme on appropriate day, I just wish they went further with it and actually auctioned off some of the items so that there was some tangible benefit. Under Armour does it the best with their direct tie with the Wounded Warrior project it seems.

A689U9_CYAEnpNd.jpg

What part of this is destructive?

Nothing wrong with teams doing a red/white/blue color scheme on appropriate day,

We all know where Rutgers is, we don't need a star-and-striped logo to tell us ;)

I guess they missed the part of the Flag Code that specifically mentions that the flag should not be used as part of an athletic uniform.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

A689U9_CYAEnpNd.jpg

Nevermind that these decals absolutely shyt all over the flag code, which are the guidelines for respectable treatment of the flag. If they want to "pay tribute to the troops," what's so wrong with a small, but classy decal on the back of the helmets, or a patch on the jerseys? Putting a bunch of camo/flags/fireworks/etc. on your uniform makes it more about YOU than "the troops."

Nevermind that these decals absolutely shyt all over the flag code, which are the guidelines for respectable treatment of the flag. If they want to "Pay tribute to the troops," what's so wrong with a small, but respectful decal on the back of the helmets, or a patch on the jerseys? Putting a bunch of camo/flags/fireworks/etc. on your uniform makes it more about YOU than "the troops."

The same can be said for the breast cancer awareness. It's so selfish because it just looks like they're saying PAY ATTENTION TO US! WE CARE ABOUT THE ISSUES! WE'RE DOING SOMETHING, SO PRAISE US!

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

Not to be a homer, but if you want to support troops or local heroes, then do something like what Nebraska and Iowa have done with their rivalry game. The Huskers and Hawkeyes have played on and off throughout the last century, but when Nebraska officially joined the Big Ten the two schools created "The Heroes Game" to honor local citizens who have performed extraordinary acts.

Nebraska also has a program where fans contribute donations to "bring troops home" to a football game. They collect money to fly the soldiers back to Nebraska while they're on leave and treat them to a Husker game and a hometown parade. I'm sure many schools have similar programs.

That's how you honor people - not by slapping a bastardized logo of 'Old Glory on your helmets.

4e334e35d852a.image.jpg

The institutions plan to honor one citizen of Iowa and one citizen of Nebraska prior to each Heroes Game for their extraordinary act. These heroes will be nominated by friends, neighbors or co-workers and will be guests of the two teams at the game where they will be honored on-field during game day. Each will also have their name and hometown etched on the Heroes Game trophy.

Last year, Kathy Greiss (Fremont, NE) and Gary Launderville (Storm Lake, IA) were selected.

Griess was driving home one day when she noticed thick smoke coming from a mobile home park. She pulled off the highway and drove to the park where she found two little boys trapped in a fire. Their sister had escaped through a window and when Griess learned that two little boys were still inside, she assisted the 3-year-old, then reached inside, felt an infant's feet and pulled the 1-year-old to safety before fire trucks arrived.

Launderville also has an innate sense of genuine concern for children and their safety. That's why the sheriff of Buena Vista County and his wife, Sandy, have fostered 125 children, seven of which they eventually adopted and joined their family of six. Eleven months ago, Launderville was hit by an SUV and thrown 20 feet into the air when he was rescuing a mother and a child stranded in a raging snowstorm.

Griess and Launderville represent decidedly different but equally relevant situations that merit public acknowledgement. Griess is honored for her instinctive reaction in a high-pressure moment. Launderville's award has a lifetime achievement feel to it. Their shared bottom line: Both are worthy of recognition from Huskers and Hawkeyes alike.

UyDgMWP.jpg

5th in NAT. TITLES  |  2nd in CONF. TITLES  |  5th in HEISMAN |  7th in DRAFTS |  8th in ALL-AMER  |  7th in WINS  |  4th in BOWLS |  1st in SELLOUTS  |  1st GAMEDAY SIGN

Haven't seen anyone mention that Southern Mississippi is wearing throwbacks this season.

The past two weeks they have worn their early 1970s uniforms which I love:

1024.jpg?md=1352152343000

1024.jpg?md=1352152351000

1024.jpg?md=1352152357000

Don't care for the helmets but those are great, great jerseys.

FsQiF2W.png

Haven't seen anyone mention that Southern Mississippi is wearing throwbacks this season.

Those are! Not to get too off-topic, but this might be a solution to cut-off shoulder stripes should teams with them (Jets, Colts) introduce a third color.

Nevermind that these decals absolutely shyt all over the flag code, which are the guidelines for respectable treatment of the flag. If they want to "Pay tribute to the troops," what's so wrong with a small, but respectful decal on the back of the helmets, or a patch on the jerseys? Putting a bunch of camo/flags/fireworks/etc. on your uniform makes it more about YOU than "the troops."

The same can be said for the breast cancer awareness. It's so selfish because it just looks like they're saying PAY ATTENTION TO US! WE CARE ABOUT THE ISSUES! WE'RE DOING SOMETHING, SO PRAISE US!

My thoughts exactly. They could have just gone with a ribbon sticker on the back of the helmet. The pink shoes, gloves, sleeves, and caps was just overkill.

Those are! Not to get too off-topic, but this might be a solution to cut-off shoulder stripes should teams with them (Jets, Colts) introduce a third color.

You make a good point. These USM uniforms are really good and the design could also be the soloution to the disappearing sleeve.

I don't like the helmet decor -- the stripes are way too thin and the decal is dull -- but I like the color.

LehQRaC.png

Best uniforms in the NCAA right there.

b0b5d4f702adf623d75285ca50ee7632.jpg
Why you make fun of me? I make concept for Auburn champions and you make fun of me. I cry tears.
Chopping off the dicks of Filipino boys and embracing causes that promote bigotry =/= strong moral character.

Somebody make a note of this date. Spleen and I agree :D (OK, maybe not about it being BEST, but damn nice, anyway). The helmet is pretty dated looking... update it with full size stripes, maybe a new logo, and you are done.

What's interesting is how the black sleeve panel makes the usual cut-off shoulder stripes seem intentional. Maybe the Jets could work with something like this.

Somebody make a note of this date. Spleen and I agree :D (OK, maybe not about it being BEST, but damn nice, anyway). The helmet is pretty dated looking... update it with full size stripes, maybe a new logo, and you are done.

What's interesting is how the black sleeve panel makes the usual cut-off shoulder stripes seem intentional. Maybe the Jets could work with something like this.

I even love the dated helmet. It's what makes this set unique. And the yolk is what makes this uniform not a carbon copy of all of the other over the top shoulder stripe uniforms. Everything about this is just perfect.

b0b5d4f702adf623d75285ca50ee7632.jpg
Why you make fun of me? I make concept for Auburn champions and you make fun of me. I cry tears.
Chopping off the dicks of Filipino boys and embracing causes that promote bigotry =/= strong moral character.

If the helmet logo, the numerals and the lettering are all grey, how does a grey mask not work here? The two-tome mask is cool and works well with this helmet (it's actually pretty innovative), but that doesn't mean a grey mask doesn't work from a purely visual standpoint.

I must be blind because I do not see any grey on that helmet logo.

i believe its white too, but his point is still good. a grey mask always works fine. and if theres more grey throughout the uniform, then even better

Honestly, I thought the helmet logo and all the numerals and lettering were grey, but I will admit that the only footage I saw of the game was a projection screen at a bar, meaning that the colors were surely muted compared to a normal TV. Maybe they're grey, maybe they're silver, maybe they're reflective and can look white or grey depending on the light, or maybe they're white after all. It certainly looks like it could be grey or silver based on the photos, but it's certainly not definitive. I honestly can't tell, but if they are white, then the grey facemask wouldn't work nearly as well, if at all. I was under the impression that the accent color was grey, so the grey facemask would have been a natural fit, theoretically.

5095f8fdd4a1a.preview-300.jpg

I even love the dated helmet. It's what makes this set unique. And the yolk is what makes this uniform not a carbon copy of all of the other over the top shoulder stripe uniforms. Everything about this is just perfect.

A yolk is the center of an egg. A yoke is the shoulder panel of a garment. Spread the word. :P

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

Archived