College Football 2012 Season

wILL-INI

AvIrzy6CEAARAGo.jpg

Let's all take our eyes off those uniforms for a quick second and focus in on that wall in the background...

...Anyone else see what I see?

Woah, is that a new logo or something? I've never seen that.

Looks like a custom font in BLACK or DARK GRAY :shocked: :shocked: :shocked:

Same font as the new jersey script, just italicized.

Is that perhaps symbolizing a 'razorback' and/or is that the same graphic between the sleeves and the shoulders???

Its a football. You can see the laces and the white stripes.

• Replies 9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm waiting for the day Arkansas decides to stop abusing the fill tool and actually come up with a uniform design. At least their previous look had beautiful road jerseys. These are just bland and boring. And they even have unfitting gradient numbers to boot.

Remember that time Arkansas actually got it right?

45-20649-Y.jpg

yea that is a good look for Oklahoma. . . .wait

Well when I see the scoreboard and it says Arkansas, and I look at the helmet and it has a razorback logo, it's pretty obvious it's not Oklahoma...

heres the ultimate identity test: take the logos away and what are you left with?

GRAPHIC ARTIST

BEHANCE  /  MEDIUM  /  DRIBBBLE

I'm waiting for the day Arkansas decides to stop abusing the fill tool and actually come up with a uniform design. At least their previous look had beautiful road jerseys. These are just bland and boring. And they even have unfitting gradient numbers to boot.

Remember that time Arkansas actually got it right?

45-20649-Y.jpg

yea that is a good look for Oklahoma. . . .wait

Well when I see the scoreboard and it says Arkansas, and I look at the helmet and it has a razorback logo, it's pretty obvious it's not Oklahoma...

heres the ultimate identity test: take the logos away and what are you left with?

A good looking uniform :)

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

I don't understand why everyone is calling the sleeves "generic" and a "template." Name one other team that has a spiky razor shoulder stripe?

Aside from the gradient numbers and AFAS I really like these. The custom font is stylish without being over the top, and the sleeves provide a nice design without the whole set being over the top. HUGE upgrade over their last set, which WAS a templated, paint bucket mess.

All of the jerseys except for the anthracite one look pretty good, except for the gradient. The red/white, white/white, and white/red looks are pretty nice. I like the metallic look on the sleeves. And is the finish on the red helmet a satin finish?

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

I'm surprised they didn't make a Black/Anthracite/Grey/Whatever helmet. If they wear the anthracite pants and jersey, the helmet will just look odd. But I'm just not a fan. They look like Georgia's Pro Combat, and Kentucky's uniforms with different colors and a razor stripe that I never noticed until now

Manchester-City-icon.png

They could have a black or gray helmet. Remember that Arizona State didn't have their maroon or white helmets at the initial unveiling of their uniforms last year.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

RANPPZJZJMWIEGL.20120613143558.jpg

"Additionally, Arkansas introduced a fierce new anthracite (gray) color as an alternate."

http://www.arkansasrazorbacks.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=6100&ATCLID=205438433

Why is the logo white on the white helmet but red on the white jersey and white pants? Come on Nike.

Yeah, it couldn;t be that Arkansas just used the same decals on the white helmet that theyy already had on the cardinal ones.

I don't understand why everyone is calling the sleeves "generic" and a "template." Name one other team that has a spiky razor shoulder stripe?

Aside from the gradient numbers and AFAS I really like these. The custom font is stylish without being over the top, and the sleeves provide a nice design without the whole set being over the top. HUGE upgrade over their last set, which WAS a templated, paint bucket mess.

these new nike uniforms are becoming so derivative of one another...basically it's a composite of asu, wsu, rutgers, missouri, kentucky etc.

call me crazy but these recent designs make me yearn for the era of excessive piping 5 years ago, while busy those nike templates seemed to have some differentiation.

all of these designs are going become so stale so quickly...pretty soon the traditional striped uniform will be so rare it will actually stand out as unique and bold design.

I really like these (aside from the gradiant numbers and the gray uniform). I think it's a pretty good look and relatively unique. What I'm looking at, though, is the massive size of that SEC patch. Damn that thing is huge.

gYH2mW9.png

Did anyone else notice that at the bottom of the back of the white helmet, it fades to gray/black? It's actually really cool, but the helmet would be better with a red hog instead of white.

Good catch.

481282_10151828929240721_1698632849_n.jpg

Also that white helmet is kind of bad. It might have been better with a red pig. Hopefully it's Little Rock only or something.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Archived