College Football 2012 Season

wILL-INI

I found this online and appears to be a mock-up* of the design.

university-of-maryland-byrd-stadium-black-or-pewter-field.jpg

*Fan mock-up.

But I have the sneaky suspicion that it will be pretty close to what they will actually do. Those players are gonna COOK on that field! *

My buddy who goes to UMD was telling me Under Armour has designed a type of field that won't get hot. I don't have a link, its just what my friend is telling me, so take it with a grain of salt. He was being completely serious though, so I'm going to take his word.

In this article Kevin Plank seems to allude that what my buddy was saying is true...

"How do we make a better field? How do we make the coolest field in the country? And I mean that figuratively, and I mean that literally," Plank said. "The university, they are the ones that are making the decisions on what is happening down there. It's a chance for us to help Maryland."

Link

At the end of the article Plank hints that the field will have a lot of red and white...

90758391980.gif

• Replies 9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I found this online and appears to be a mock-up* of the design.

university-of-maryland-byrd-stadium-black-or-pewter-field.jpg

*Fan mock-up.

But I have the sneaky suspicion that it will be pretty close to what they will actually do. Those players are gonna COOK on that field! *

My buddy who goes to UMD was telling me Under Armour has designed a type of field that won't get hot. I don't have a link, its just what my friend is telling me, so take it with a grain of salt. He was being completely serious though, so I'm going to take his word.

In this article Kevin Plank seems to allude that what my buddy was saying is true...

"How do we make a better field? How do we make the coolest field in the country? And I mean that figuratively, and I mean that literally," Plank said. "The university, they are the ones that are making the decisions on what is happening down there. It's a chance for us to help Maryland."

Link

At the end of the article Plank hints that the field will have a lot of red and white...

All Plank would say was: "We're going to see a lot of red and white this year."

It's official: Maryland will have the world's first menstruating field.

Further proof that Maryland is in fact going through a rebelious teenager phase, which would explain the uniforms.

b0b5d4f702adf623d75285ca50ee7632.jpg
Why you make fun of me? I make concept for Auburn champions and you make fun of me. I cry tears.
Chopping off the dicks of Filipino boys and embracing causes that promote bigotry =/= strong moral character.

A decent uniform ruined by gradient numbers.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

Grey does not belong in Arkansas's identity. It looks awkward and forced, just like it looks awkward and forced in the identities of every other school that does not have grey as a school color, or have any history of using grey in their uniforms.

Also gradient numbers are a terrible fashion trend. Miami can pull them off because they're Miami. Everyone else needs to stop.

I know I'm going to come across sounding like one of those "old fogeys" but I like traditional varsity block numbers on the uniforms of schools that have a long storied tradition of football, like Arkansas. The more these programs switch to "non-traditional" and "edgy" number fonts, the more the classic varsity block numbers look original on the uniforms of those teams that choose to keep them.

Virginia Tech's wounded warrior jerseys

VTechwoundedwarriorjersey.jpg

There is no way this uniform is real

source for this? and why isn't this on the new nike templates?

theres alot of things that makes it lose legitimacy. It's not on the nike speed template, Va Tech doesn't use that number style and when nike uses print in there numbers they have it outlined

Bucknut40.pngOhioStatebanner.png

#RaiderUp

Twitter-@R_Redinger4 My Blog-Southwest Ohio Football

NCFAF-Wheeling Coal Miners,NCFAF-FCS Lake Erie Shoremen, NCFAB-Wheeling Coal Miners

theres alot of things that makes it lose legitimacy. It's not on the nike speed template, Va Tech doesn't use that number style and when nike uses print in there numbers they have it outlined

VT used to use that number font.

Well, certainly, no one could just type that in any old graphics program.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

WVU's grey alternate uniforms revisited. I'm happier about the helmets now. Either way after this season there is going to be a complete overhaul for the uniforms much like Mizzou has for this year.

Au9u6z6CAAAdSVR.jpg

o4bok.jpg

whats up with the lighting here? in the picture the gray pants in one picture the WV patch looks white and the striping looks different also

Just found out first pic was done with the infamous instagram.

If West Virginia were to finally get new uniforms, I'd love if they were based off of their unique Pro Combats they had.

Screen-shot-2010-11-29-at-9.47.25-AM.png

I truly miss those and was never able to get a hold of one. I still to this day feel those are the best Pro Combat unis Nike has made for any college football team. I know people will say oh Boise was nice and Va Tech in black. Sorry people those WVU uniforms were bad ass and the whole country knew it but no one wanted to admit it. I still have friends who compete in paintball tournaments that wanted to get them to use as team colors for competition.

If West Virginia were to finally get new uniforms, I'd love if they were based off of their unique Pro Combats they had.

Screen-shot-2010-11-29-at-9.47.25-AM.png

I truly miss those and was never able to get a hold of one. I still to this day feel those are the best Pro Combat unis Nike has made for any college football team. I know people will say oh Boise was nice and Va Tech in black. Sorry people those WVU uniforms were bad ass and the whole country knew it but no one wanted to admit it. I still have friends who compete in paintball tournaments that wanted to get them to use as team colors for competition.

I agree. Those and the Mizzou Pro Combats were the best I've seen personally. I may be biased for Mizzou, but you can't deny good design.

sportscarfskczps1d52136.png

I don't know if it's real or not. I saw it on footballscoop.com and that's the site most college coaches post job openings and give all access passes to. Don't know how legit it really is but don't be surprised if they come out in it.

Those Arkansas uniforms have a solid design, but would benifit greatly by a simplification. Cut out the silver and the gradients and keep the black to just outlines on the numbers and you have a pretty good look.

Wordmark_zpsaxgeaoqy.jpg

AvIrzy6CEAARAGo.jpg

the jersey looks terrible. is it just these guys' tailoring or are the shoulder cuts way too small? looks worse than ever. i wonder if these guys are even wearing the right size jersey. the different colored shoulder area is driving me nuts. then the font with gradient fills. this is so bad it looks like a Russel uniform

GRAPHIC ARTIST

BEHANCE  /  MEDIUM  /  DRIBBBLE

Archived