Ben Weil

zpqmaowl

SO....MUCH.....STUFF....SUCH......SMALL......APARTMENT

Look at what Ben answers when he is asked if he owned any international jerseys:

kslo69 ? I have very few international pieces. I have some World Baseball Classic jerseys and hats. I have some soccer jerseys (I went to the World Cup in South Africa in 2010), and I have a Ricky Williams Toronto Argonauts jersey. I can?t think if I have any other international jerseys though.

How the hell he gets the $$$$?

SO....MUCH.....STUFF....SUCH......SMALL......APARTMENT

Look at what Ben answers when he is asked if he owned any international jerseys:

kslo69 ? I have very few international pieces. I have some World Baseball Classic jerseys and hats. I have some soccer jerseys (I went to the World Cup in South Africa in 2010), and I have a Ricky Williams Toronto Argonauts jersey. I can't think if I have any other international jerseys though.

How the hell he gets the $$?

He has a job and saves up the money, like anyone else?

Well, now I can tell my wife with confidence, "See honey, it could be a lot worse."

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

Not sure what's going through your head when you choose jerseys and mom over pvssy.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

He lives at home with his mother(apparently out of necessity to her) so there's a very good chance that he doesn't have the same living expenses as the rest of us, but even with that said, whatever his source of income is it has to be substantially above average to not only collect in the way that he does, but to also travel the world and attend high profile sporting events.

98Falcons.png

Either he or his mom (probably both) is mentally unwell. Buying that many jerseys is obsessive behavior. However, he doesn't seem to be hurting anyone and he enjoys it, so more power to him.

I liked what the blog author wrote at the end:

Actually, no, wait. One more thing. It?s easy to make fun of people who are obsessed with stuff ? I?ve certainly taken my share of heat for my baseball collection ? but let?s not be too quick make judgments and hurl insults. I wouldn?t want to live with my mother, but Ben has a specific/personal reason for living with his. I wouldn?t want to live in an apartment with so much clutter, but Ben and his mother don?t seem to mind. I also don?t give a damn about Garfield or football or foam fingers or jerseys. But if there?s one thing that I love and respect, it?s passion; Ben has as much of it as anyone I?ve ever met, and since he?s not hurting anyone with his hobbies and collections, I say ROCK ON, BROTHA! Keep doing your thing, and thanks for being an inspiration.

Several of us have our own sorts of collections that others would deem silly. While most of us don't go anywhere near this level of obsession, it's still kind of cool that he shared his home with the world.

I also have to admit I'm surprised he looks relatively healthy and well groomed. I would have expected a huge fat guy.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

He lives at home with his mother(apparently out of necessity to her) so there's a very good chance that he doesn't have the same living expenses as the rest of us, but even with that said, whatever his source of income is it has to be substantially above average to not only collect in the way that he does, but to also travel the world and attend high profile sporting events.

I always wonder how people can afford it all. 1600 jerseys and 900+ hats? Must make a decent living but live with mom?

Did you see that pic of the 70+ credit cards he applied for and received?

That was alarming fact #1 for me since he had his credit scores peaked at probably once a month for years just for a beach towel or other promotional item. Not that he has used any of them, he has the available credit to pay for many of his trips and then cancel the card after a period of time.

While his intentions to live at home are good, that still impacts his credit rating and his ability to rent anywhere.

Alarming #2: I do not think this "collection" is insured. The comments section had that asked of him more than once and since he really does not know all he has (+/- 200 jerseys), and did not reply back to them while addressing many other posters in mass leads me to believe that he has zero coverage on anything outside the family's homeowners policy.

I always wonder how people can afford it all. 1600 jerseys and 900+ hats? Must make a decent living but live with mom?

Did you see that pic of the 70+ credit cards he applied for and received?

That was alarming fact #1 for me since he had his credit scores peaked at probably once a month for years just for a beach towel or other promotional item. Not that he has used any of them, he has the available credit to pay for many of his trips and then cancel the card after a period of time.

While his intentions to live at home are good, that still impacts his credit rating and his ability to rent anywhere.

Alarming #2: I do not think this "collection" is insured. The comments section had that asked of him more than once and since he really does not know all he has (+/- 200 jerseys), and did not reply back to them while addressing many other posters in mass leads me to believe that he has zero coverage on anything outside the family's homeowners policy.

I had to provide a photo album of my jerseys with receipts, etc... to get them on my homeowners.

Belts.jpg
PotD May 11th, 2011
looooooogodud: June 7th 2010 - July 5th 2012

That could be true in your case, but I am not sure if that is even the case with him. Ben claims that his "collection" has value, but 900 hats don't really have much value.

Stadium cups, a Colts nylon/velcro walled (opened) and a used Bud Light aluminum bottle don't have value. At a certain point, it becomes junk and he becomes as others have said, "a hoarder".

The screenshots of the TV in the house is on a home shopping channel (Women's Regular Knit Pants). Enough said for hording.

Archived