Ben Weil

zpqmaowl

Something has always bugged me about that "ball hawk" dude. I know he'll give them to kids and everything, and to each his own, but it just seems so pathetic running around baseball stadiums chasing balls like a 9 year old, paying little to no attention to the actual game.

Hypocrite alert: I have caught a ball past my 21st birthday and kept it. It was a HR on the fly so I wasn't giving it up unless a kid asked me. None did so I kept it. But I have one, its the only one I ever need.

Honestly, I do not think he has a credit rating to do much more than to stay at home. I think he has little to no credit since he applied for so many cards.

As for his "collection", it has much less value than he thinks. There was not much talk on how many items he has are signed.

1- A hat/jersey he owns is more likely not worth current MSPR or what he paid for it.

2- items are not kept in a great manner and their condition is questionable.

3- I am not sure that Steiner Sports, Sotherby's, Christie's, or any other auction house would believe his items possess the same value which he thinks they have, especially the cards. In terms of sports items/memorabilia, he is much more "Fred Sanford" than Charlie Sheen.

Something has always bugged me about that "ball hawk" dude. I know he'll give them to kids and everything, and to each his own, but it just seems so pathetic running around baseball stadiums chasing balls like a 9 year old, paying little to no attention to the actual game.

Hypocrite alert: I have caught a ball past my 21st birthday and kept it. It was a HR on the fly so I wasn't giving it up unless a kid asked me. None did so I kept it. But I have one, its the only one I ever need.

What he does is neither healthy nor productive.

Now, Zack Hample has is own issues on getting to games.

That's an insane amount of stuff, but I'd say it's basically hoarding... there's a difference between a nicely displayed collection and items just piled everywhere.

I was weeping at how he treats his collection. Most of the items are just sitting there deteriorating...

tigercatssignature-1.png

Honestly, I do not think he has a credit rating to do much more than to stay at home. I think he has little to no credit since he applied for so many cards.

As for his "collection", it has much less value than he thinks. There was not much talk on how many items he has are signed.

1- A hat/jersey he owns is more likely not worth current MSPR or what he paid for it.

2- items are not kept in a great manner and their condition is questionable.

3- I am not sure that Steiner Sports, Sotherby's, Christie's, or any other auction house would believe his items possess the same value which he thinks they have, especially the cards. In terms of sports items/memorabilia, he is much more "Fred Sanford" than Charlie Sheen.

Who cares? Sometimes the love of collecting and having trumps the actual monetary value of the collection.

On 4/10/2017 at 3:05 PM, Rollins Man said:

what the hell is ccslc?

Archived