2012 MLB Season

GriffinM6

• Replies 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Florida is a sham. Beautiful by the coast or any waterway. I am very thankful I live on an island. However, outside the coast is nothing but flatland filled with swamps or pine trees. Some hills in central Florida, and some fun springs spread out, but nothing special.

And don't forget the heat and humidity.

spacer.png

Florida is a sham. Beautiful by the coast or any waterway. I am very thankful I live on an island. However, outside the coast is nothing but flatland filled with swamps or pine trees. Some hills in central Florida, and some fun springs spread out, but nothing special.

Give me hot and humid over snowy and windy any day of the week.

IUe6Hvh.png

Opposite here.

You hate it from dealing with it every day. As do I in my climate.

I'll gladly swap.

The year I lived in Florida (I know, only a year) I loved the heat. Trust me, you don't want to deal with 40 mph winds when it's already below zero degrees before you factor in the windchill. Unfortunately I've had to work in crap like that and I work mostly outside.

IUe6Hvh.png

Give me hot and humid over snowy and windy any day of the week.

I would rather live on this island in Florida more than anywhere else. Water and AC makes you forget about the H&H. As crappy as life is on the other side of that bridge, it is paradise here.

I don't think Joe Buck is as bad as people say either.

I really like Bob Costas on baseball broadcasts, but I think his call of the Braves championship in 95 is one of the worst.

"and the team of the 90's has their world championship".

Hold on, Bob. It was 1995 and only the 5th World Series of that decade. At that point the Blue Jays were the "team of the 90's" and the Yankees went on to win 3 World Series in that decade after 95, which makes Costas' declaration feel even more silly and outdated looking back on it. The Braves in 1995 were just a good team that lost their first two World Series.

It would be like if the Texas Rangers end up winning the world Series this year and the game ends with "and the team of whatever this decade is has their world championship".

Joe Buck has never ended a season with anything that hammy.

Costas' call to end the 1999 World Series included "team of the decade" making 1995 even worse.

1997 | 2003

My buddy who works for MLB says the Royals are having a press conference with a "major baseball related announcement" at 4 eastern today. His guess is the team was sold, but neither of us can find anything on it that would hint at that one way or the other.

65caba33-7cfc-417f-ac8e-5eb8cdd12dc9_zps

Oh that's right...there is a major-league baseball team in Kansas City, ain't it? :P

(Far cry from the '80s...man I hope this is something good.)

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

Brandon Morrow pitched his third complete game shutout.......of the season. :shocked: Time to start considering him for an all-star spot?

If Brandon Morrow doesn't get into the All-Star Game. It's a total farce.

I also think he'll get a no hitter this year.

JETS|PACK|JAYS|NUFC|BAMA|BOMBERS|RAPS|ORANJE|

My buddy who works for MLB says the Royals are having a press conference with a "major baseball related announcement" at 4 eastern today. His guess is the team was sold, but neither of us can find anything on it that would hint at that one way or the other.

Turns out they consider signing their first round pick a "major baseball related announcement".

Nothing to see here.

That Onion gag was great though.

65caba33-7cfc-417f-ac8e-5eb8cdd12dc9_zps

Archived