2012 NBA All Star Game Uniforms unvieled

NJTank

I think I saw a preview somewhere with a wood floor pattern on the numbers...I like that touch. Overall I like these, except for the three "Adidas" stripes, but that's the way it is now.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

I'm so freaking sick of the whole three stripe element included in everything that Adidas does. We get it, Adidas designed these jerseys.....sigh. It doesn't have to make its way on to every damn thing you do. Way too predictable. Sorry for the rant, but its just getting ridiculous.

I'm so freaking sick of the whole three stripe element included in everything that Adidas does. We get it, Adidas designed these jerseys.....sigh. It doesn't have to make its way on to every damn thing you do. Way too predictable. Sorry for the rant, but its just getting ridiculous.

Exactly! and most of what Adidas makes looks crappy to begin with (see UCLA's failed stripes for example). Nike is BY FAR lightyears ahead of any other company out there when it comes to uniform design. Even though a lot of people on these threads absolutely hate nike because of the "gimmicky" things they do and all that, Nike is clearly the best out there. Sure some companies have their good ones, but overall, Nike Triumphs.

The hardwood effect that Adidas has used makes the jersey have a "slub" fabric, or a heather fabric feel to it. No Bueno. <_<

Not bad, but not nearly as good as years past...

Slubs and heathers are big in fashion right now. Lately the NBA special event stuff from adi has been taking many cues from the fashion world.

These are look like women jerseys

Those are the TechFit models. The regular ones look normal.

adidas is basically in a 'use it or lose it' situation with the three stripes. They fought for the three stripes to be considered branding in a legal sense, on par with the swoosh. If the three stripe becomes second-tier as 'branding' then it opens the door for other people to adopt it because at that point it becomes a generic design element. It's too valuable for adidas to let that happen.

Exactly! and most of what Adidas makes looks crappy to begin with (see UCLA's failed stripes for example). Nike is BY FAR lightyears ahead of any other company out there when it comes to uniform design. Even though a lot of people on these threads absolutely hate nike because of the "gimmicky" things they do and all that, Nike is clearly the best out there. Sure some companies have their good ones, but overall, Nike Triumphs.

Nike is in no way clearly the best out there. Every sportswear company has a roughly equal amount of hits and misses in its closet, but biased vision tends to exaggerate things. All the companies have put out gimmicky work, just as all of them have put out great work at one time or another. adidas struggles with simplicity. Nike struggles putting together a set of ideas into a cohesive whole. Under Armour struggles with details and innovation. They've all hit home runs, and they've all struck out, and it will be that way forever.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

The problem I have with these is that the gradient is upside down. If the top were light and the bottom and the shorts were dark, it would look a million times better.

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

Archived