2011-12 NHL Season

njmeadowlanders

NATIONALLY TELEVISED PHOENIX COYOTES-DALLAS STARS GAME TONIGHT THIS IS HOCKEY FOR YOU AMERICA

Boy, this one has "2-1 shootout" written all over it. It would be nice if the Sharks or Kings, who actually have talented hockey players on their respective teams, could dig deep and take rightful ownership of NASCAR Division West, but leave it to the Sharks to take one of their games in hand and piss down their legs.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

• Replies 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

NATIONALLY TELEVISED PHOENIX COYOTES-DALLAS STARS GAME TONIGHT THIS IS HOCKEY FOR YOU AMERICA

Boy, this one has "2-1 shootout" written all over it. It would be nice if the Sharks or Kings, who actually have talented hockey players on their respective teams, could dig deep and take rightful ownership of NASCAR Division West, but leave it to the Sharks to take one of their games in hand and piss down their legs.

Agreed. TSN2 is showing it as well, I'll probably glance at it during the Flames/Avs intermission. Pulling for a Stars regulation win but this one just makes me cringe.

EDIT: Oh and followed by Kings/Sharks. I give up, this going to suck.

JETS|PACK|JAYS|NUFC|BAMA|BOMBERS|RAPS|ORANJE|

Bruins fans chanted "Thank You Kessel" again after Seguin scored. I think my member title says it all.

I hate how some Bruins fans (none of these boards, luckily), say that Seguin is better because he won a Cup. By that logic, Henri Richard is the greatest player of all time.

I think its more to do with the fact that when it's been Toronto vs Boston, or as some Bruins fans see it as, Seguin vs Kessel, Seguin has shined more in those games than Kessel has.

At this point I don't give a crap about Kessel's performance against his former team. I just want the Leafs, as a whole, to just stop sucking when they come up against Boston. Last night....yesh.

As long as Kessel scores, I'm happy. ;)

Seriously, do Bruins fans circle the dates vs. the Leafs on their calendars right as the schedules are released? Holy...

Seriously, you're about our second or third rival, after the Canadiens and battling for the two-spot with the Flyers.

The Leafs? Who needs 'em. As of right now they aren't in my top 5 of teams I get amped to (see the Bruins) play against. Now if they were serious contenders for the Cup it goes 1A Canadiens and 1B Toronto. I secretly like the Leafs, great uniforms, rich history, rabid fanbase. I'd love to see them finally get a Cup, but only if Boston is so pathetically bad they have no chance - which won't happen soon.

Bruins fans chanted "Thank You Kessel" again after Seguin scored. I think my member title says it all.

I hate how some Bruins fans (none of these boards, luckily), say that Seguin is better because he won a Cup. By that logic, Henri Richard is the greatest player of all time.

I'd much rather have Seguin. I've seen Kessel, don't get me wrong - he's great. Does he have that killer instinct though? Doubtful. He's temperamental and not as driven as I'd like to see in a player. They also put up eerily similar numbers in their rookie campaign, Seguin's got the better of him as a sophomore plus a pretty darn good playoffs. Jury's still out on who got the better of the trade (not including draft picks), but Seguin is a stud let's not deny that.

Oh, I garee 100%. Seguin is a very gifted player, but it just seems that some B's fans think that he and Hamilton and the second comings of Esposito and Orr just because they were picked high. Maybe Seguin will cap at 70 points, maybe 100. Maybe Hamilton is the heir to Chara, maybe he'll be wasting away in the ECHL in 5 years. Both will be good players one day, but just how good remains to be seen. Toronto got what they wanted, and Boston got what they wanted. Did Boston get the overall edge? Probably. But I'm happy with Kessel.

And I too, have a secret admiration for the B's for the same main reasons, plus the fact that I come from a family of big Bruins fans.

SigggggII_zps101350a9.png

Nobody cares about your humungous-big signature. 

PotD: 29/1/12

As long as Kessel scores, I'm happy. ;)

Seriously, do Bruins fans circle the dates vs. the Leafs on their calendars right as the schedules are released? Holy...

Seriously, you're about our second or third rival, after the Canadiens and battling for the two-spot with the Flyers.

The Leafs? Who needs 'em. As of right now they aren't in my top 5 of teams I get amped to (see the Bruins) play against. Now if they were serious contenders for the Cup it goes 1A Canadiens and 1B Toronto. I secretly like the Leafs, great uniforms, rich history, rabid fanbase. I'd love to see them finally get a Cup, but only if Boston is so pathetically bad they have no chance - which won't happen soon.

TRAITOR!!!!!1!11!

:P

I too would be happy for Leafs fans if/when they win the cup. And their uniforms are great, but (unpopular opinion) I really like these:

RickVaivePhoto2_display_image.jpg?1307924223

vaive03.jpg

spacer.png

I too would be happy for Leafs fans if/when they win the cup. And their uniforms are great, but (unpopular opinion) I really like these:

vaive03.jpg

They aren't bad uniforms at all. They just stray away from the team's tradition and the era those were worn were a dark period in the teams history. It's alot like the Red Sox in the 70's actually.

vaive03.jpg

They aren't bad uniforms at all. They just stray away from the team's tradition and the era those were worn were a dark period in the teams history. It's alot like the Red Sox in the 70's actually.

But the Red Sox in the 70s weren't bad at all. Nearly champs in 75, a major collapse away from running away with the AL East in '78.

I think the collapse of '78 is part of the reason why they dropped those duds for 1979.

spacer.png

If the score holds in this Hawks game, they'll sweep the season series with Columbus with an aggregate score of 31-9. How this :censored:in' :censored:show ever won a single game this year, let alone 20some, is a complete mystery.

They missed the penalty on him, but Doan should get Shanabanned for the headshot.

Edit: Guess they didn't miss the penalty.

Complete cheapshot. Elbow stuck out the whole way.

duscarf2013.pngg6uheq4mgvrndguzuzak1pcte.gif
"I don't understand where you got this idea so deeply ingrained in your head (that this world) is something that you must impress, cause I couldn't care less"

http://keepdcunited.org

No shortage of magical comebacks when the referees are on record saying they don't want to put you down two men. I called this one going to a shootout, didn't I.

...and a terrible showing in the shootout. I don't know what was going through the minds of Doan or Smith with that poke check attempt. Oh well, at least they got a point. Let's just hope there is not a 3-point game in LA tonight.

PopHeading-1.gif

Archived