2011-12 NHL Season

njmeadowlanders

I look at it much more black and white. 9-9-2 is a 9-11 record to me, but then again, that's because I have had the longest detest for the current three point system.

Shootouts should never be subject to three point decisions. I prefer either a tie after the OT period, or shootouts being double or nothing.

I have nothing to add except yesterday on TV they showed a graphic of the Hawks' record against the Sharks last season, along with goals per game, etc. The Sharks were 3-1-0 against the Hawks, while the Hawks were 1-2-1 against the Sharks. I understand how those records can be inverse, but that was weird to look at.

OldRomanSig2.jpg

• Replies 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

WTF? Markham? I went to elementary school for a bit there. The hockey fans there go to Leafs games. If you want a Southern Ontario team, don't put one in the GTA. And if you really want to, go with Vaughan. It has a higher population and is the fastest growing municipality in the country.

SigggggII_zps101350a9.png

Nobody cares about your humungous-big signature.Β 

PotD: 29/1/12

Β 

Β 

WTF? Markham? I went to elementary school for a bit there. The hockey fans there go to Leafs games. If you want a Southern Ontario team, don't put one in the GTA. And if you really want to, go with Vaughan. It has a higher population and is the fastest growing municipality in the country.

Do people read the articles they post? This is the very first line.

It needs to be said up front, and quite emphatically, that the NHL has no plans to put a second franchise in southern Ontario.

Do people read the articles they post? This is the very first line.

It needs to be said up front, and quite emphatically, that the NHL has no plans to put a second franchise in southern Ontario.

Do people read the posts they reply to? I know there are no plans. But you don't build a 20 000 seat stadium for nothing, and I'm opposing the potential building of the stadium. I never said "Oh, so they're getting a team?".

The second line:

But if the league's view on that should ever change, there is a potential 19,500-seat arena project in Markham, Ont., that could one day turn out to be a viable option.

I'm expressing how I don't think it's a viable option.

SigggggII_zps101350a9.png

Nobody cares about your humungous-big signature.Β 

PotD: 29/1/12

Β 

Β 

Honestly no fan should be completely satisfied unless their team wins a championship.

*Burns downtown Vancouver to the ground*

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Since Niklas Backstrom is out for personal reasons, the Wild have signed 51 year-old goalie Paul Deutsch to be their temporary backup until Matt Hackett makes his way to the arena from the airport. For those of you who have given up on your hockey career because of age, this proves it is never too late to fulfill your dream. ;)

Mike Richards nets his eighth goal in eight games. :D

Also, as I was writing this, Kevin Westgarth scored.

It looks like there's more fans in Dallas than there were when the Kings played there during the World Series, not a lot more but some.

the worst helmets design to me is the Jacksonville jaguars hamlets from 1995 to 2012 because you can't see the logo vary wall

If you had Jason Chimera as the Washington Capitals leading goal scorer by Thanksgiving ive gotta cookie here with your name on it. (You didnt, dont lie)

duscarf2013.pngg6uheq4mgvrndguzuzak1pcte.gif
"I don't understand where you got this idea so deeply ingrained in your head (that this world) is something that you must impress, cause I couldn't care less"

http://keepdcunited.org

Ten in a row for the Bruins after a pretty horrendous start. Benoit Pouliot, he was benched the other night and has been a source of criticism by many, was given the chance to win the game and he delivered. Bravo, boys.

EDIT. My 10,000th post. Cool.

On 4/10/2017 at 3:05 PM, Rollins Man said:

what the hell is ccslc?

Β 

Β 

If you had Jason Chimera as the Washington Capitals leading goal scorer by Thanksgiving ive gotta cookie here with your name on it. (You didnt, dont lie)

Sad face emoticon #2 on the day for me: :cry:

It drives me nuts that the Blue Jackets had that guy and they traded him for Milan Jurcina and Chris Clark, neither of whom are still with the team less than two years later. Sweet trade, Howson. You gave up a solid player with good character, good leadership in the room, and funny interviews for nothing.

PvO6ZWJ.png

Sad face emoticon #2 on the day for me: :cry:

It drives me nuts that the Blue Jackets had that guy and they traded him for Milan Jurcina and Chris Clark, neither of whom are still with the team less than two years later. Sweet trade, Howson. You gave up a solid player with good character, good leadership in the room, and funny interviews for nothing.

Its ok man, GMGM has a habit of fleecing other GM's. Like getting Colorados first rd pick for Varlamov.

But Chimmer is quality this year. Last year he wasnt terrible but the goal scoring wasnt there. He's simplified his game and really started using his speed to his advantage.

duscarf2013.pngg6uheq4mgvrndguzuzak1pcte.gif
"I don't understand where you got this idea so deeply ingrained in your head (that this world) is something that you must impress, cause I couldn't care less"

http://keepdcunited.org

I'm not sure what's more annoying, arrogant fans of successful teams or fans of crap teams who thinks it's blasphemy anytime someone complains about their own teams struggles. Do you want everyones sympathy Crash? Honestly no fan should be completely satisfied unless their team wins a championship.

That's not at all what I'm saying. He said that the Lightning SUCKED and I refuted that point with an example of a team that's record truly sucks.

6fQjS3M.png

I hate the shootout. :(

As someone who doesn't closely follow hockey, agreed. The shootout is such a lame, minor-leaguish gimmick. It'd be like deciding a football game based on a punt, pass and kick contest.

Or starting with the ball on the opponent's 25 yard line.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Selfish penalties cost the Flames tonight. Easily the most inconsistent team in the NHL.

Fire Sutter, Feaster and Ken King.

King? Probably. Sutter? Maybe. Feaster? No. Feaster has inherited a mess that Darryl Sutter created and needs some time to turn it around.

Archived