Yakball Concepts

raysox

• Replies 586
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This concept series is AWESOME!!! I was thinking about making a concept series based on a sport I made up (stay tuned).

P.S.: I recommend when you post something (a post or a topic) that you do not click "Add Reply" (or anything similar) more than once. It causes multiple posts.

P.P.S.: This thread is probably dead now because I just posted now. (What is it that everybody hates about me?)

MiamiDolphinsStriping-1_zpsb1620a41.png

P.P.S.: This thread is probably dead now because I just posted now. (What is it that everybody hates about me?)

What the hell are you talking about?

Nice work on this series, raysox. I really like the kits you designed for PHX!

You guys. America is DONE.

Washington Federals

The thread I started sold me on the nickname. "The Feds" would be a great nickname. If you remember the juggernaut logo I considered, you can see I changed a lot. I dropped gold, and made the pentagon white, and put the flag in the middle and stuck with the motif throughout. The alt is a simple DC. I went for simplicity with this one for sure dropping the gold and trying to use a lot of white.

Washington.png

I looked for what works here. A design boxing in the flag motif on the chest. I went for red/navy on the clash because the Caps look REALLY good like that. I actually love this set as a whole.

WashingtonUnis.png

So the US league is done. I will be wrapping it up with some odds and ends. You'll see!

Nice work on this one, I like the name more as well. My only issue is the way the third star shows up in the DC emblem, only a tiny corner piece of the star is showing. Maybe an oversight, but that's my only complaint. Nice work!

Nice work on this one, I like the name more as well. My only issue is the way the third star shows up in the DC emblem, only a tiny corner piece of the star is showing. Maybe an oversight, but that's my only complaint. Nice work!

I like how you incorporated the DC flag into the logo, but you should definitely fix the stars in the DC logo, since it looks strange and honestly a little sloppy to have 1/3 of a star visible. There is a very easy solution. Just lower the positioning of all the stars so that the right star is in the top right part of the C (that part that dips down), the middle star move down in roughly the same position but parallel to the right star, and the left star move down and left so it rests entirely visible in the left leg of the D. They can still all be equally distanced too. Pretty much just have them all run left to right where the top red stripe currently is. You will have to move the red stripes down and make them slightly thinner to fit, but the result will be much cleaner in my opinion.

I like how you incorporated the DC flag into the logo, but you should definitely fix the stars in the DC logo, since it looks strange and honestly a little sloppy to have 1/3 of a star visible. There is a very easy solution. Just lower the positioning of all the stars so that the right star is in the top right part of the C (that part that dips down), the middle star move down in roughly the same position but parallel to the right star, and the left star move down and left so it rests entirely visible in the left leg of the D. They can still all be equally distanced too. Pretty much just have them all run left to right where the top red stripe currently is. You will have to move the red stripes down and make them slightly thinner to fit, but the result will be much cleaner in my opinion.

Great idea-- looks much better!

And I'm digging the circular bracket-- more fun to look at than a standard one haha

Thanks fellas, I'll probably post these this week. To avoid confusion, Centre plays at the Air Canada Centre with the Leafs. Exhibition will be at Ricoh Coliseum which is at Exhibition Place, home of Toronto FC.

Don't the Marlies play at Ricoh?

In the last game against Detroit, the time from ten minutes left to one minute left was probably the longest nine minutes of my life. But from one to zero was probably the greatest time I've ever had. I didn't want the clock to run out. It was such a great feeling: people crying in the stands, people jumping up and down, people cheering. Guys couldn't even sit up on the bench. It was probably the best minute of my life.

Ah, the "I'm kidding" - the universal internet excuse for saying something that others perceived as dumb.

Archived