ESPN Article re: Ranking Baseball Uniforms

pdxuoduck

Sports writers don't know crap about uniforms, and it makes me sick reading this. I can't even tell you how often I hear them trying to bash the Bucs creamsicles. They always praise BFBS, too.

His biggest complaint about the Mariners is that they wear their Northwest Greens too much. One of THE best single uniforms in baseball right now. Diamondbacks at 25? Nationals at 27? A's at 20?

I should have known this wasn't going to be a very good list when I saw that #30 wasn't Houston or Miami.

594dd21ce423b_SmallHats.png.3601f33ba30ee66006c37617c7069ace.png

Bleh, I probably shouldn't have read that. Makes my brain hurt.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

Let's not make a big thing about this...We all could have disagreements with the list. No he does not "know" sports uniforms, but to most readers, it's not important. This is about how seriously most people take uniforms, and frankly, I wish i was more that way.

But yeah, not a decent joke in the column.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

There's something really annoying about a sports writer trying, and failing miserably, to be "witty." His...ahem...jokes were not at all funny. His top ten isn't bad.

This. His critiques, personal memories, and suggestions were all awful. What a waste of time.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

Cardinal fan here, but the Yankees pinstripes, I'm sorry, IS probably the best in baseball. I don't even think their bland roads would bring them down from the top. I personally would want to rank the Cardinals at #1, but being completely objective, it'd have to go to the Yanks. Dodgers I do believe should be #3.

Cardinal fan here, but the Yankees pinstripes, I'm sorry, IS probably the best in baseball. I don't even think their bland roads would bring them down from the top. I personally would want to rank the Cardinals at #1, but being completely objective, it'd have to go to the Yanks. Dodgers I do believe should be #3.

In my opinion there is a huge difference between the most iconic look and the best look. Though the Yanks should never change due to history, pin stripes and a plain as :censored: road jersey make them one of the more average looking sets in the league IMO. It doesn't look horrid and it's a classic look, so you can't send it away. But pinstripes are ugly.

He trashes the Padres and rates them 30th because of their Sunday military uniforms? Does Caple hate America or something? :flagcanada:

He even addressed that (since some people will pretty much say that), but it's a once a week thing and he even says that their current uniforms are OK. I don't like the camos either (feel they should be memorial day only or something), but I would not drop them from 20 to the bottom for it.

But then again, it's just one dude's list...who really cares?

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

He trashes the Padres and rates them 30th because of their Sunday military uniforms? Does Caple hate America or something? :flagcanada:

He even addressed that (since some people will pretty much say that), but it's a once a week thing and he even says that their current uniforms are OK. I don't like the camos either (feel they should be memorial day only or something), but I would not drop them from 20 to the bottom for it.

But then again, it's just one dude's list...who really cares?

Well they wear them on Sundays because they always have graduating classes of Marines there on Sunday (and Sundays are military appreciation days). So essentially every Sunday is Veterans/Memorial Day at PETCO Park.

Atlanta is top 3 without a doubt. The guy missed the ball on them. Their home and road uniforms are just classic. Put anyone in a Braves uni and they look good. Even Prince Fielder.

sigpurp.png

---Owner of the NHA's Philadelphia Quakers, the UBA's Chicago Skyliners, and the CFA's Portland Beavers (2010 CFA2 Champions)---

Archived