Peyton Manning Sweepstakes

Cujo

This is why I'm upset that Quinn signed with the Chiefs. Since they feel it's necessary to trade Tebow, which I don't agree with, then I would've preferred to have Quinn behind Manning.

I'm sure the next phone call Elway makes is to Jim Sorgi's agent. :D

6uXNWAo.png

• Replies 199
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So who goes after Tebow more, Miami or Jacksonville?

Jacksonville's already come out and said they're not interested. On top of that, the Jags already signed Chad Henne to backup Gabbert this upcoming season.

6uXNWAo.png

Perfect situation for Elway. He gets the quarterback to make the Broncos a contender and an excuse to get rid of, or at least bench, Tebow. Now I'm actually liked watching Tebow play, so I'm interested to see what comes out of that. I just don't really think there's a team that's going to be interested in Tebow as their starting quarterback.

Wordmark_zpsaxgeaoqy.jpg

Jacksonville. At least they'll be interested in the freakshow component, whereas Miami really needs a good QB.

Which is why they're about to break the bank on Alex Smith. :blink:

But yeah, this was the best thing that could've happened for John Elway. He can get rid of Tebow AND upgrade the position, which is something that he couldn't do if Tebow once again led them into the playoffs in the weak AFC West. Now he doesn't have to go through the draft, and even though this is still a decent-sized gamble considering the circumstances surrounding Manning's return, it's better than Tebow.

Ah, I'm torn about this. I thoroughly enjoyed the troll ride that was Tebow in Denver (seriously, that guy made normally sensible people on this forum turn into whining children & sourpusses :lol: ), but it's obvious that this is a better move for the club.

EDIT:

Just saw this trade scenario on my twitter timeline & it made sense. Tebow for Gabbert, straight up. Jacksonville gets a ticket-seller, Gabbert goes to study under Manning in hopes that his career doesn't become the huge failure that it most likely will be. Good deal for everybody.

Maybe Tebow stays and tries to learn under Manning or not. More likely not.

Reports are already breaking that Elway has plans to keep Tebow once the Manning deal is official.

Still thinking Miami makes a hard run at Tebus.

6uXNWAo.png

Reports are already breaking that Elway has plans to keep Tebow once the Manning deal is official.

Why not sign another backup quarterback and use Tebow as a running back or wide receiver?

LvZYtbZ.png

Well, that makes me feel a lot better. Tebow has the chance to work with both John Elway & Peyton Manning... who else can say that?

I can see it now...

Tebow: Can I start today, Mr. Manning? Please?

Manning: No, kid.

Tebow: Pleeeeeeeease?

Manning: No.

Tebow: Guess I have just one option... (Bows down to pray)

Manning: What are you doing? St-... stop doing that. You look ridic-.. would you-... get up, kid!

oBIgzrL.png

Jacksonville. At least they'll be interested in the freakshow component, whereas Miami really needs a good QB.

This is the last guy you should listen to when it comes to Jaguars affairs. He is wrong on a monthly basis.

Archived