Peyton Manning Sweepstakes

Cujo

I'm sure the Broncos would be happy to cut the crown jewel of the McDaniel disaster.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

• Replies 199
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Broncos would be dumb to trade Tebow, keep him on the bench and let him learn behind a NFL legend who still may one hit away from ending his career.

1. Tim Tebow, opinions on his skill aside, is a completely different player than Peyton Manning. Peyton has nowhere near his atheticism, and Tebow has nowhere near his arm or vision. Even if you believe that Tebow has real potential, he would absolutely not benefit from sitting behind someone who has a totally different skillset.

2. Manning basically calls the offense. It's hard to learn how to play in an offense when it exists only in someone else's head. Tebow would have to work on his own or with a QB coach on his offense, which would get re-implemented in the event that Manning would go down.

3. Ever notice how there's not a lot of HOFers in any sport who become great coaches? Most of the good coaches are backup catchers, marginal QBs, offensive linemen, etc. In the NBA, Billy Cunningham succeeded as a coach, but other legends have failed miserably because when you're as good and as talented as they are you just do things differently. It's hard to teach the fundamentals when you are at a level where you don't really go by them.

For example, I'm trying to learn how to bowl a hook. I tried to watch the pros on TV, and can't for the life of me figure out how or why they do what they do - but they're great. I then go to the local alley and watch a guy with a 160 average and learn a whole lot more, because he's doing everything fundamentally sound. I still totally suck (to an embarrassing level - you'd never think I had any type of coordination or athletic skill at all - it's hard to describe) but I know that once I get those fundamentals down, I'll be at least OK, and then can tweak and develop my own style that will hopefully take me to another level.

Guys like Manning are way past even that and are on their own level that can't be taught.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Manning agrees to 5 year/$96M contract with Denver, which makes him the highest-paid quarterback in the league. No word yet on how much of that coin is guaranteed. Presser to go down this afternoon at 1:00 MDT.

6uXNWAo.png

Will be interesting to see if they display a jersey or not, and if so, which color, what manufacturer, and what number.

From a uni perspective, this will be a very interesting presser.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

From Denver: (Courtesy Dave Naylor of TSN)

523427_3280594050275_1130269954_33244834_1990580545_n.jpg

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

Probably won't see any of the Nike jersey's till Draft day.

You won't have to wait that long - Nike is having a grand unveiling press event on April 3.

Wow. Totally didn't know that, thanks!

JETS|PACK|JAYS|NUFC|BAMA|BOMBERS|RAPS|ORANJE|

141629549-430x296.jpg
On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

I was upset at him wearing 18 at first, however after hearing what he had to say, I'm okay with it. Him not planning on it or wanting to, but talking to Tripucka and Frank insisting he wear it, that's Manning showing respect to Tripucka and the history of the Broncos, at least in my opinion.

Little know fact I went to the same High School as Frank Tripuka.

It is very classy of Peyton Manning.

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

I was upset at him wearing 18 at first, however after hearing what he had to say, I'm okay with it. Him not planning on it or wanting to, but talking to Tripucka and Frank insisting he wear it, that's Manning showing respect to Tripucka and the history of the Broncos, at least in my opinion.

Little know fact I went to the same High School as Frank Tripuka.

And y'all both have the same first name...I'll be darned!!!!!!

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

Archived