Peyton Manning Sweepstakes

Cujo

You mention the Seahawks. I don't recall...did Rice wear Largent's number? If so, that's lame.

Yes, he did.

nfl_g_largent_300.jpgjerry-rice5.jpg

The Broncos retired Tripucka's number a couple weeks after Tripucka retired in 1963. It was a great gesture based on keeping the Denver team afloat, but the consideration was not on the same level as retiring a number today. Retiring a number three years into the life of the franchise screams knee-jerk and short-sightedness.

That, and trying to buy some history. Like the Devil Rays tried to do with Wade Boggs, until the Hall of Fame had to step in and say "apparently you guys can't be trusted to behave."

• Replies 199
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ladies and gentlemen, let the Tim Tebow Sweepstakes begin!!

*tumbleweeds*

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Maybe Tebow stays and tries to learn under Manning or not. More likely not.

Reports are already breaking that Elway has plans to keep Tebow once the Manning deal is official.

Still thinking Miami makes a hard run at Tebus.

Well, that makes me feel a lot better. Tebow has the chance to work with both John Elway & Peyton Manning... who else can say that?

And yet two years from now you'll still hear a weird quacking noise from the ball whenever he throws a pass.

You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

News anchor drops an F-Bomb on live TV, just as they received the breaking news of Manning's signing.

lol

His response was something like "My co-anchor had bet a dollar with her father that Manning was coming to the Cardinals, and she yelled 'Oh I just lost a BUCK'".

That's right, anchorman. Blame the woman.

spacer.png

I'm so freakin' excited! Too bad I'll be deployed basically from the start of training camp until around the time of the Super Bowl! I'll have to get that NFL Rewind (I think that's what it's called) thing that Blue Sky mentioned here a while back!

I'd like to see Tebow go to New England. Belichick was interested in drafting him initially and although I hate the Patriots, I'd love to see how Belichick would utilize him and I think he would be successful there.

IUe6Hvh.png

I'm so freakin' excited! Too bad I'll be deployed basically from the start of training camp until around the time of the Super Bowl! I'll have to get that NFL Rewind (I think that's what it's called) thing that Blue Sky mentioned here a while back!

I'd like to see Tebow go to New England. Belichick was interested in drafting him initially and although I hate the Patriots, I'd love to see how Belichick would utilize him and I think he would be successful there.

Someone else will be, as well.

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

I'm actually looking forward to the deployment, just that this is going to be a tough Broncos season to have to miss. ^_^

IUe6Hvh.png

The Broncos would be dumb to trade Tebow, keep him on the bench and let him learn behind a NFL legend who still may one hit away from ending his career.

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

I'm actually looking forward to the deployment, just that this is going to be a tough Broncos season to have to miss. ^_^

If it makes you feel any better, I've missed most of my Buccaneers' season--along with most of every other sports season and, well, most of everything else period--since I've been driving. If nothing else, knowing that I'll at least know where I'll lay my head at come nighttime makes the recall easier to cope with.

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

The Broncos would be dumb to trade Tebow, keep him on the bench and let him learn behind a NFL legend who still may one hit away from ending his career.

Peyton supposedly isn't much of a mentor since he doesn't like sharing practice reps. With him getting to know a whole new group of teammates this year, I don't imagine he's going to want to give away any reps either. If he was, I think Curtis Painter would've been a half decent NFL quarterback.

IUe6Hvh.png

This is like tasking Jaime Escalante to teach pre-Calc to a developmentally disabled high schooler. At a certain point, it's just not possible regardless of who is teaching.

Today, we are all otaku.

Peyton supposedly isn't much of a mentor since he doesn't like sharing practice reps. With him getting to know a whole new group of teammates this year, I don't imagine he's going to want to give away any reps either. If he was, I think Curtis Painter would've been a half decent NFL quarterback.

That's the maybe the one downside with Peyton Manning as your QB. You don't have a backup quarterback. Forget trying to develop somebody behind Peyton Manning.

Tebow is gone. Its just a matter of to who right now.

This is like tasking Jaime Escalante to teach pre-Calc to a developmentally disabled high schooler. At a certain point, it's just not possible regardless of who is teaching.

Well, there is that.

I think the best Tebow can hope for is that some team needs a running back. He could still be a good football player, just not a quarterback.

Or maybe Miami is just desperate enough to invest in a freakshow.

The problem with this analysis is that Manning and Tebow are very different QBs. You can't really set up a team to play with Manning and Tebow as back up. But Manning might help Tebow's throwing technique, but this is a very expensive way of doing that, rather than appointing a QB coach that can work intensively on Tebow's action.

Wembley-1.png

2011/12 WFL Champions

Archived