Peyton Manning Sweepstakes

Cujo

The "Waitin for Peyton" sweepstakes are heating up. A dozen teams are interested, with the 'Skins and Jets already being ruled out my Peyton's dad, Archie. :P

Manning met with the Miami Dolphins yesterday, and will meet with John Elway and the Broncos later today. Pretty bizarre that the Broncos want Manning as bad as they do, considering they already have their "QB of the future". More proof that Elway f-cking hates hate Tim Tebow.

533084547.jpg

6uXNWAo.png

• Replies 199
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The "Waitin for Peyton" sweepstakes are heating up. A dozen teams are interested, with the 'Skins and Jets already being ruled out my Peyton's dad, Archie. :P

Manning met with the Miami Dolphins yesterday, and will meet with John Elway and the Broncos later today. Pretty bizarre that the Broncos want Manning as bad as they do, considering they already have their "QB of the future". More proof that Elway f-cking hates hate Tim Tebow.

I don't know how much it's about hating Tim Tebow, but yeah, I don't think Elway really sees him as the QB of the future. I think he'd be willing to press forward with Tebow if a very good QB wasn't available. I'm not at all surprised to see the Broncos interest in Manning -- it provides them both a way out of this Tebow situation and a chance to win a lot of football games. I think the Broncos would be a pretty damn good football team if they got him.

A couple things the Broncos have going in there favor is a good offensive line (especially with an All-Pro caliber left tackle), an offensive coordinator who's shown to be incredibly flexible with his system, he would stay in the AFC, and he goes to a team that he can win football games with.

Hopefully his best friend Todd Helton can help sway him to call Colorado home. ^_^

And for the record, #18 is retired by the Broncos for Frank Tripucka

IUe6Hvh.png

Didn't somebody make a fantastic "Manning in other unis" in the concepts forum?

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

As peeved as I am that Elway handed my Packers their only Super Bowl loss, I keep finding more and more reasons to like the guy! :D

Then he'll rock #16.

man0-007.jpg

If he picks Denver.

Wow... Manning still looks the same, as in he grew into the oddly middle-aged looking face he had in college. Kind of like Dick Clark in reverse.

Wow. So a thread about Peyton Manning has quickly turned into a Tebow-hating soundboard. Only around these parts would this happen. Just because he has interest in trying to land one of the greatest QB's of all-time doesn't mean he hates Tebow. It's not like he's looking to bring in Rex Grossman here. It's frickin' Peyton Manning.

Then he'll rock #16.

man0-007.jpg

If he picks Denver.

Manning is what, 6'5"? Those front digits on that Vols jersey have to be at least 47" tall. :grin:

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

Β 

I would reckon right now that the Titans, Dolphins, Broncos and maybe Cardinals stand the best chance. The Titans made a move for Hasselbeck last winter so they aren't in such a need, but the Peyton back to Tenneesee thing would be a fun slant. I'd put the Broncos higher up the list if Manning had a better record at mentoring young QBs and if it were possible to build an offensive scheme that worked for Peyton and Tebow.

Wembley-1.png

2011/12 WFL Champions

The Titans made a move for Hasselbeck last winter so they aren't in such a need, but the Peyton back to Tenneesee thing would be a fun slant.

Titans also drafted Jake Locker in 2011. I don't see Manning going to Tennessee for three or four years if the Titans have any interest in keeping Hasselbeck or Locker.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

Β 

If Peyton goes to the Broncos, I really hope they change their unis. Although I am a Colts fan for life, I will still support Peyton no matter what, and would buy a jersey.....but I hate their uniforms.

And although this has nothing to do with uniforms or logos, if he goes to Miami it would make Lebron #2, and that would be AWESOME!

Zach.

If Peyton goes to the Broncos, I really hope they change their unis. Although I am a Colts fan for life, I will still support Peyton no matter what, and would buy a jersey.....but I hate their uniforms.

IIRC, they're using orange as their primary next year as well -- Nice if you were a fan of Peyton during his time at Tennessee, I guess.

6uXNWAo.png

His best shot at winning another Super Bowl is in San Francisco. That said, my guess is either Miami or Denver. I don't see Denver getting involved as being that big of a story (or that big of a deal.) Denver actually makes an awful lot of sense. If the Broncos are serious about keeping Tebow around, Manning is the perfect choice. The Broncos get 2-4 years with an elite QB at the helm while Tebow learns the things necessary to complete his game and make him a NFL QB. If the Broncos don't see Tebow in their future, Manning is the perfect choice. The Broncos get 2-4 years with an elite QB at the helm which buys them the time to find and develop another young QB.

Hmmm...maybe Denver is actually in the driver's seat here.

Β 

BB52Big.jpg

Β 

Β 

Β 

Wow. So a thread about Peyton Manning has quickly turned into a Tebow-hating soundboard. Only around these parts would this happen. Just because he has interest in trying to land one of the greatest QB's of all-time doesn't mean he hates Tebow. It's not like he's looking to bring in Rex Grossman here. It's frickin' Peyton Manning.

With a bad neck and iffy throwing motion. Still likely better than Tebow though.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Think the Buccaneers have a shot???

(Sike?I'm just playing. It was worth a shot, though. :P)

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || BehanceΒ ||

If Peyton doesn't come to the 49ers, I just hope he stays out of the NFC West. I'd prefer him in the AFC, but any other division than the NFC West is fine if Manning is not a 49er.

Not that 49ers couldn't be a Manning-led Cardinals or Seahawks team, but it's Peyton Manning he would make it much more difficult to beat Arizona/Seattle, I know the players would probably want to play Manning twice a season, but I'm a fan of Peyton Manning and don't want to root against him twice a season.

Just to clarify - I don't think Peyton is going to be in San Francisco - at this time. That's not to say if something changes that it might open the door, but the 49ers want to resign Alex Smith and Smith wants to be there. The only thing that I believe would keep Smith from resigning with the 49ers is the length of contract. 49ers want a 3 year deal while Smith wants a 5 year deal.

Personally, Harbaugh needed to stop talking, the more he advocates he wants Smith back the more the negotiations favor Smith and his agent. If it were me, I'd offer 3 years at $25M with an optional 4th or 4 years at $30M with an optional 5th year and incentives based on team player level performance. Meaning the optional years is based around how he performs with the 49ers as a whole. I think if Smith is insistent on 5 years it would depend on the amount of money Condon asks for, but I'd probably let him test the market.

I really don't know how much the reported 3-year deal is the 49ers offered Alex Smith, but I've heard anywhere from $25-40M.

If Smith doesn't resign there are a couple of options:

Some of the following scenarios assume Manning is either available or not on a specific team.

1) Sign Peyton Manning, let Kaepernick develop under The Sheriff.

2) Ready Kaepernick for 2013 Season, and sign a veteran QB to back him up.

3) Find a quality vet backup to start and let aepernick develop.

4) Find a vet QB, to start/Backup Kaepernick and/or draft a mid to late round QB.

5) (Desperation) Trade for Drew Brees, sign Colston.

Question is - will any team (other than SF) offer Smith a contract for more than 3 years? Probably not a whole lot of teams, but maybe a few. Seattle, Washington, and possibly Miami. Seattle is first because of who drafted him. Second is Washington, well because Snyder is Snyder. Miami is a dark horse, but given their experience with QBs lately, a 5year deal for someone OTHER than Manning is iffy.

As much I don't like it Peyton to Arizona seems the most likely.

Β 

Β 

Archived