Brooklyn Nets and New York Knicks

Lights Out

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That is probably my favorite Brooklyn Nets design I've seen, simply because it's so radical, yet I could see it working. A black court is something that's never even crossed my mind before. Looks awesome on the computer screen, but I can't imagine it translating well into real life for both viewing and playing purposes. You might be able to get away with just the space inside the arc being black, but that might even be too much. You could even try out some sublimated subway-map designs throughout the entire court, similar to what you have on the baseline.

14622089383_66ed2643e0_o.jpg14415375480_b33010b5ce_o.jpg14602016315_3e9fe74148_o.jpg

The Knicks concept is pretty good but that Mets concept is awesome! I like how you incorporated a NY subway theme, looks really good on the uniform. The black court wouldn't be very practical in real life but for a design purpose it looks really good and matches the team concept well.

The Knicks is a solid upgrade to what they have and replacing the black with another color relevant to New York City.

But the Nets concept is hands down the best concept I've seen incorporating a unique Community and or an individual location with in area with it's specialized styling.

Just question what would the official team colors then be ?

#DTWD #GoJaguars

The Knicks is a solid upgrade to what they have and replacing the black with another color relevant to New York City.

But the Nets concept is hands down the best concept I've seen incorporating a unique Community and or an individual location with in area with it's specialized styling.

Just question what would the official team colors then be ?

According to the uniforms, 5: White,Black,Blue,Blue,Green and Red. But I love it, it works and definitely has potential. The only thing that it needs is the number circle removed and a new font choice to make it look more sleek and modern.

In the last game against Detroit, the time from ten minutes left to one minute left was probably the longest nine minutes of my life. But from one to zero was probably the greatest time I've ever had. I didn't want the clock to run out. It was such a great feeling: people crying in the stands, people jumping up and down, people cheering. Guys couldn't even sit up on the bench. It was probably the best minute of my life.

Ah, the "I'm kidding" - the universal internet excuse for saying something that others perceived as dumb.

The Nets are brilliant.

Like others, drop the Liberty Green on the Knicks. You've already got the Empire State Building as part of the design, but if you're looking to include the Statue of Liberty, perhaps you could sublimate some sort of design on the back? Maybe the torch?

See my good friend, Mr. Alexander Hamilton for inspiration:

10dollar-novelty.JPG

I absolutely LOVE that you're actively trying to incorporate the city's identity into the team's brand messaging. I think that more teams should follow suit. The Houston Texans are a great example of taking some sort of regional imagery (The Texas State flag, in this case) and using it within their brand.

UyDgMWP.jpg

5th in NAT. TITLES  |  2nd in CONF. TITLES  |  5th in HEISMAN |  7th in DRAFTS |  8th in ALL-AMER  |  7th in WINS  |  4th in BOWLS |  1st in SELLOUTS  |  1st GAMEDAY SIGN

The Nets concept is definitely nice, very well done. But what does a subway have to do with Nets? And why would any sports team want to be associated with a dirty subway? In my mind subways are just a way to get from point A to point B, nothing to do with local pride. Even further, subway maps and fonts are primarily utilitarian, designed for easy understanding, and shouldn't be the basis of a sports team with entertainment being the goal. Some people will be getting off the subway to see the basketball game only to be confronted with the same imagery? They were forced to take the subway to see the basketball game, not the other way around.

The Nets concept is definitely nice, very well done. But what does a subway have to do with Nets? And why would any sports team want to be associated with a dirty subway? In my mind subways are just a way to get from point A to point B, nothing to do with local pride. Even further, subway maps and fonts are primarily utilitarian, designed for easy understanding, and shouldn't be the basis of a sports team with entertainment being the goal. Some people will be getting off the subway to see the basketball game only to be confronted with the same imagery? They were forced to take the subway to see the basketball game, not the other way around.

Whateverman, based on your comments, I assume you aren't too familiar with the NY identity. The subway is a (yes, dirty) object of pride for many city dwellers. No one is forced to take a subway. New Yorkers view having the subway as a great thing.

As a NY sports fan, I find that taking public transit is innately tied to going to professional sporting events. For one it avoids horrible traffic jams and having so many people going to one place makes the subway super efficient. Second, entering and exiting a sporting event by car makes you a rival to your fellow fan, competing for parking spots and lane space and feeling road rage at your compatriots. Taking the subway to a game means seeing more and more fans come on as you get closer to the arena/stadium (which always builds a cool sense of excitement) and a sense of community is built with occasional chants and hi-fives.

While I think the Nets concept is a bit aesthetically off, I think it makes total sense. My only confusion about having Brooklyn represented by a subway is that I think most people view Manhattan to be the borough most associated with the subway.

This Nets concept. I've been to NYC, and that is perfect. Especially for a team that's going to play in Brooklyn! For those hating, look at the friggin' subway signage in NYC. THAT'S HOW IT SHOULD LOOK. The encircled numbers and map stripes were instantly recognizable to me and I am completely head-over-heels in LOVE with this design, man. Wow. That's friggin' amazing. Give Jay-Z a call and submit this.

bannernigga3-1.jpeg

Click the Banner - Join the Movement!

Bannertop.jpeg

Are you familiar with the history behind the subway? This is one of the best, most marketable parts. In the turn of the century, New York was run by a corrupt politician named Boss Tweed. He controlled city transit. Basically, this guy decided enough, and lit out on a project under Tweed's very nose: the subway. When it was finished, he opened it up for the public, and Tweed was furious. THAT is the very definition of American sprit and the penultimate example of New York swagger. (And Jay-Z is all about some swag). This is not only brilliantly beautiful, it is endlessly marketable.

bannernigga3-1.jpeg

Click the Banner - Join the Movement!

Bannertop.jpeg

I like the Knicks concept, but the Nets concept is just phenomenal. Wow, you translated the subway iconography into the jersey's beautifully. Getting rid of the Helvetica and circle numbers would totally mess up the concept, as that is the MTA. Only have three thoughts: You could replace the blue with orange and yellow, because those are the subways that reach Atlantic-Pacific station (the one closest to Barclays center). I don't like the court, you should make it gray with yellow baselines, to match a subway platform. And the alternate should be gray.

07Giants.pngnyy.png

I don't get people's hatred of Helvetica on the Nets concept. Have you ever seen NYC's subway signage?

Don't worry about them... those of us who understand the subway reference know that nothing but Helvetica will work here and the court is even more brilliant. This might the best Brooklyn Nets concepts that has ever been posted here, and even if not, it's certianly the most creative.

Archived