Did the New Jersey Nets tease their Brooklyn logo?

TaylorMade

I know it was said before but I really am blown away by the fact that somebody got paid to "design" this. With all the talent out there and espescially on this board in particular. THIS is what a professional team goes with. I just don't understand.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No wAy dis happin I live in Brklyn n Dis ain't ganna HapPin u guyz ganNa be loOkin like idioTs on da 30th

Sorry couldn't resist busting out an impression of that Miami Marlins guy. But in all seriousness, while if this is legit, it could be worse. Not saying its good, but could be worse

You forgot to actually mention Jew York.

5cd0422806939bbe71c4668bc7e4fd92.gif

I hate to say it, but every time I look at it grows on me. Really grows on me.

:suspect:

Wait, I'll elaborate later.

It's insipid, drab garbage. Not as bad as the abstract horror of the Thunder's primary but awful in its own way. I don't mind the color scheme, I'm actually fine with it if they go black and white, maybe spruce it up here and there with some red accents. But it's that "B" that just kills the logo. So uncreative, so banal. I don't really know what else to say, except that I think a lot of people were correct in their despondent cynicisms.

Tf9TG.jpg

The teaser silhouete looks eerily similar to a 2d version of what the Nets currently use (minus the rim) and I do hope they didn't go the lazy route and just flatten what they have now. Then again the anniversary logo they're using this season has a simiar shape as well.

Dolfan nailed it, outside of the B slapped on top of it all - but who could have predicted that? In fact, I'd like this new logo just fine without the B. It adds nothing, and certainly doesn't say Brooklyn or hearken back to anything. Now if it was some variation of the Dodgers old logo... nah, it'd still look bad slapped on top of that basketball.

Still, based on the fact that some people expected a logo that looked like it was tagged to the side of a train car in spray paint or was so far out of left field that our adidas rep shuddered, a simple modernization of the current should be welcomed. And hey, is this logo close enough to prevent the Nets from having to fork over the $250K change fee? :) Maybe we should wait to see the secondary, but it's probably just the B-ball.

I hope they stick with black and white. No one does that (as a primary). A few come close, but silver gets mixed in usually. No red... Bulls, Blazers, Heat, Raptors, Rockets (wait, did they ever get that black alt?)... there are enough of those already. If they must add a third color, hopefully it's any shade of gold, from old to athletic.

I still say OKC is worse. I still have no idea what that is.

Let's not go down that road. The guy is still a professional and none of us were privy to the process he went through on his end, how much he got/gets paid, etc. You don't get to work on projects of this magnitude by accident. You can't knock the effort that people put into their work. Everyone wants their work to succeed, especially as a designer. I assure you it wasn't phoned in, no matter how much you want to believe it.

Judging by the guy's portfolio it would seem he owes his entire career to being friends with Jay-Z. So this is basically Jay-Z giving his buddy a job rather than seeking out the absolute best designer/company for the job.

I hope he's got some thick skin because if that's the logo the design community is going to come down hard on him when it's officially unveiled.

The "B" just seems to be hovering over the basketball, as opposed to being flat on an otherwise 2d design.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

If you hadn't noticed, Chawls loves his wrestling, whether it be real life or sim. :D

I can't tell if that's white or silver on the cap. I'll admit, the B looks a lot better when it's blended (for lack of a better term) into the basketball than it does "hovering" over it. Although, I still think it's a bland and overly simplistic (not always a good thing) logo that does not do any of the things the designer says it's supposed to do. Where is the homage to Brooklyn borough history? Nets certainly aren't a part of it. And the only other things in the logo are a generic basketball and the letter B. I can't help but think of that artsy friend of yours that takes you to a viewing and you quickly realize it's complete crap on a canvas but he thinks it's great art. Maybe the designer thinks this is his greatest achievement. But we all know it's really just crap.

No wAy dis happin I live in Brklyn n Dis ain't ganna HapPin u guyz ganNa be loOkin like idioTs on da 30th

Sorry couldn't resist busting out an impression of that Miami Marlins guy. But in all seriousness, while if this is legit, it could be worse. Not saying its good, but could be worse

You forgot to actually mention Jew York.

damn, good call!

Let's not go down that road. The guy is still a professional and none of us were privy to the process he went through on his end, how much he got/gets paid, etc. You don't get to work on projects of this magnitude by accident. You can't knock the effort that people put into their work. Everyone wants their work to succeed, especially as a designer. I assure you it wasn't phoned in, no matter how much you want to believe it.

Judging by the guy's portfolio it would seem he owes his entire career to being friends with Jay-Z. So this is basically Jay-Z giving his buddy a job rather than seeking out the absolute best designer/company for the job.

I hope he's got some thick skin because if that's the logo I the design community is going to come down hard on him when it's officially unveiled.

Co-sign.

Kristopher "Baze" Bazen

www.krisbazen.com

Archived