Did the New Jersey Nets tease their Brooklyn logo?

TaylorMade

This is not real. Either I'm sleeping and this is a nightmare, or we are being duped in real life. Either way, I will never recognize this as real. It isn't so much that the design offends me, or any element of it particularly offends me, but the fact that somebody got paid a lot of money to do this for a professional organization definitely ticks me off. This could be done by any friend of mine that has no design experience, no eye for style/art/design, and barely-scraping-by knowledge of CorelDraw. If this turns out to be real, it is a sad day in sports logo design history. Shame on everyone involved.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think it's actually a pretty cool logo.. if you inject it with color.

c2Hj9.jpg

I'm not a professional like a lot of you guys are but I could stomach this logo a lot more if it at least had some Batman colors and at least a nod to the ABA championship history and their colors. You could do the black/white jerseys Jay Z wants with the gold accented crest with ABA ball prominent on the jersey.

But I am biased because I like Batman.

I think I found the new logo.

decal_big.jpg

I could really see those colors working...and yet its anotherlight blue dark blue combo!

I could really see them adding gold to the current colors for a Florida panthers or atlanta thrashers logo.

That leak looks like a molded 3d uncolored version. Harmless reworking of the current. Could use a rim and net somewhere.

This is not real. Either I'm sleeping and this is a nightmare, or we are being duped in real life. Either way, I will never recognize this as real. It isn't so much that the design offends me, or any element of it particularly offends me, but the fact that somebody got paid a lot of money to do this for a professional organization definitely ticks me off. This could be done by any friend of mine that has no design experience, no eye for style/art/design, and barely-scraping-by knowledge of CorelDraw. If this turns out to be real, it is a sad day in sports logo design history. Shame on everyone involved.

This +1000.

HURRICANES | PANTHERS | WHITE SOX | WOLFPACK

This does go with what AH said... Looks like somebody slapped a bunch of different things together and called it a day.

Btw apparently this is the guy who designed it: http://www.timothypmorris.com/

He also did that bland looking "BKLYN" logo from a while back...

nets_mystery.jpg

Can anyone get over there real fast?

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12, POTD 2/26/17

Know what this reminds me of?

97hhvk8e5if0riesnex30etgz.gif

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12, POTD 2/26/17

Can anyone get over there real fast?

Hmm...

nets_info.jpg

Based on the heritage of Brooklyn itself? Harkens back to a time when Brooklyn last had a professional sports franchise?

I guess I can see some of that old-schoolness to this thing, but not really.

Know what this reminds me of?

97hhvk8e5if0riesnex30etgz.gif

At least that logo was a cleaner version of Tampa's previous logo. I can see somewhat from where you are coming from but this logo is all about a clean page and starting out fresh. But sadly, this logo is hideous.

anim_040d06ba-0611-bac4-cd7b-50fc54ad382 

Let's not go down that road. The guy is still a professional and none of us were privy to the process he went through on his end, how much he got/gets paid, etc. You don't get to work on projects of this magnitude by accident. You can't knock the effort that people put into their work. Everyone wants their work to succeed, especially as a designer. I assure you it wasn't phoned in, no matter how much you want to believe it.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

They still don't have a net!

I'll be honest. I (and others) tried really hard to get them a net.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

Hopefully the uniforms save it, but from what I've heard from people who've seen em, the unis will probably exacerbate the problems.

I really, really hope they have one shoulder made of a revolutionary clear material.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

No wAy dis happin I live in Brklyn n Dis ain't ganna HapPin u guyz ganNa be loOkin like idioTs on da 30th

Sorry couldn't resist busting out an impression of that Miami Marlins guy. But in all seriousness, while if this is legit, it could be worse. Not saying its good, but could be worse

Archived