Alternate Jerseys in 2012 Playoffs

Mr. Krabs

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Sharks might do it again, I hope so too, I love their thirds.

I hated that they did that last year. The Sharks are the only teal team in the league and they wear their generic looking BFBS jerseys. What if they had won the cup? They'd have to wear black for the rest of their existence.

I hope the Canucks do it, but I am doubtful.

Me too. It's a better looking jersey and the current home has the baggage of losing the cup attached to it.

I hated that they did that last year. The Sharks are the only teal team in the league and they wear their generic looking BFBS jerseys. What if they had won the cup? They'd have to wear black for the rest of their existence.

Me too. It's a better looking jersey and the current home has the baggage of losing the cup attached to it.

No, the Lightning won their cup in black unis and the morons in charge got rid of those and tried to get rid of black entirely, so that isn't always the case.

And I HATE the "black for blacks sake" thing Lukas created. He's a complete ass clown, and it isn't even the case with most teams. It's a white, grey, and black are neutral among many teams for colors. Why do so many NFL teams have black cleats? Regardless, black IS in the Sharks logo and other unis, so even if I did validate that morons phrase and idea, this wouldn't apply.

I love the teal, I just really like their black alternates since the previous version. Especially since the previous uni had the shark fin logo which I love.

The teams should be able to switch, not have to wear all one type of jersey for every home game in the playoffs.

2ly2w09.jpg

I think the Sharks should stick with teal as their primary colour, but their black alternates look really sharp. Hopefully we'll see them in the playoffs again this year.

Personally I'd like to see SJ ditch the orange on the home jersey and replace the logo with the one from the alternate jersey.

No, the Lightning won their cup in black unis and the morons in charge got rid of those and tried to get rid of black entirely, so that isn't always the case.

And I HATE the "black for blacks sake" thing Lukas created. He's a complete ass clown, and it isn't even the case with most teams. It's a white, grey, and black are neutral among many teams for colors. Why do so many NFL teams have black cleats? Regardless, black IS in the Sharks logo and other unis, so even if I did validate that morons phrase and idea, this wouldn't apply.

Other than black shoes and gray road jerseys in baseball, white is the ONLY neutral color in sports branding.

It'd be amazing if we saw Ottawa in their heritage jerseys for the playoffs.

20110906AR239-9431.jpg

Class.

Those should be the lone Senators jerseys period, with white and red version and have the sideways facing (original) centurion recoloured to match on the shoulders.

untitled-6.jpg

The only reason I want the Sharks to wear their black alts is because their primary home is horrible. Gotta, gotta ditch that orange.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

I love that Ottawa jersey in every way except that bottom red stripe, and how it is inconsistent with the rest of the jersey.

Given that there was a great deal of discussion about that sweater before - was there ever a reason given for that?

The reason it looks inconsistent is because of the scooped hem. If the hem was straight the two bottom stripes would be the same size. And add me to the list of people who would like to see them rock the third during the playoffs.

Well I was assuming they;d have more sense than Tampa's new owners... which wouldn't take much

I love the teal, I just really like their black alternates since the previous version. Especially since the previous uni had the shark fin logo which I love.

The teams should be able to switch, not have to wear all one type of jersey for every home game in the playoffs.

Lukas is the uniwatch guy right? Maybe the term BFBS is overused but I stand by the sentiment. Making an alternate jersey black with the team colours as accents has become an unwanted crutch in uniform design. Besides that, several things bother me about the jersey... The full bodied Shark looks ridiculously cartoonish and the lack of hem stripes makes the awful front numbers stick out even more. The teal jersey on the other hand is among the best in Sharks history. The orange works on that one... not so much on the away

Would love to see Washington in there alts at home for the playoffs. And the Blues. But, if Florida wears there alts anbd win the cup, i'll laugh.

In the last game against Detroit, the time from ten minutes left to one minute left was probably the longest nine minutes of my life. But from one to zero was probably the greatest time I've ever had. I didn't want the clock to run out. It was such a great feeling: people crying in the stands, people jumping up and down, people cheering. Guys couldn't even sit up on the bench. It was probably the best minute of my life.

Ah, the "I'm kidding" - the universal internet excuse for saying something that others perceived as dumb.

My man, I don't necessarily disagree with you on this, but how many times are you going to blast this any time someone mentions the color black?

wisco_adidas-1.jpggbp-2.jpg

Archived