2012-13 soccer kits

Saintsfan

Nice to see the replica and authentic side by side. The colors, layout of the stripes look pretty darn similar. I think I'm content with the replica, though I do think the authentic needs a number in the white area.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nice to see the replica and authentic side by side. The colors, layout of the stripes look pretty darn similar. I think I'm content with the replica, though I do think the authentic needs a number in the white area.

I was very surprised at how much the same they were. The material and printed stripes are exactly the same. Only differences are: cut, holes in the side, ptinted vs. embroidered logos, and the replica has an extra layer of material on the back neck area where the tag is printed.

7142753003_5eefdfffca_b.jpg

12/12 Newcastle "Maroon" Away kits

Newc212.jpg

Of all the colors in the universe, they had to go with a red...F***ing terrible, uninspired kit and even worse color choice. I'm officially counting the days until their deal with Puma ends.

(MLF) Chicago Cannons,  (IHA) Phoenix Firebirds - 2021 Xtreme Cup Champions

(WAFL) Phoenix Federals - WAFL World Bowl XII Champions (Defunct)

Does it bother anyone else that the shorts and jersey appear to be on a mannequin and have form to them while the socks just lay flat??

Now that you mention it, that is weird.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

Manchester City will switch to Nike starting with the 2013-14 season: http://www.marketingweek.co.uk/sectors/sport/manchester-city-announces-nike-deal/4001537.article

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

12/12 Newcastle "Maroon" Away kits

Newc212.jpg

Of all the colors in the universe, they had to go with a red...F***ing terrible, uninspired kit and even worse color choice. I'm officially counting the days until their deal with Puma ends.

I don't see why Newcastle shouldn't go with maroon. They've worn similar colours away before.

Wembley-1.png

2011/12 WFL Champions

Manchester City will switch to Nike starting with the 2013-14 season: http://www.marketingweek.co.uk/sectors/sport/manchester-city-announces-nike-deal/4001537.article

Interesting that niether Manchester team will be in Umbro which, if I'm not mistaken, is from Manchester. And since Nike owns Umbro, I always figured they'd have one of the two wear it.

Guess Nike is doing what Adidas did with Liverpool. And obviously City needed to redo some contracts to get more cash in to the club. As of now, they and Chelsea wouldn't be able to play Champions League without restructuring their debt to income ratio in 2013/2014.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

I find it strange for Nike to almost "out" their own brand. Seems a bit what you'd call "cannibalism" in marketing terms. I always thought City going with Umbro would be the next step for the brand to creep back into the mainstream of soccer. Now it seems like Nike has relegated Umbro to the back burner. This isn't a good sign for Umbro. I've liked the things they've done the last few years. Umbro makes quality goods.

With as many teams as they had last year, Umbro lost a bunch this year. The City deal is all about money since they need it and Nike sells better in Asia than Umbro. I'm actually surprised Nike didn't outfit any Australian A-League teams this year since it would help strengthen their ties there.

On a separate note, Chelsea are wearing their Champions League numbers in the FA Cup Final while Liverpool are wearing the standard Premier League numbers. I think they should have worn their Euro numbers since they've done so in the past.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

I'd be majorly annoyed if I was a boss at Umbro. they have done some great work with City. Also they've now established a cool studio in town they were a brand on the rise again and this could be seen as a major blow.

I'm not sure who there most high profile team is now.

On another umbro note here is the new Referees kit for 2012 onwards:

b2f10d78-721d-4bca-9e16-a048011f168b_944x418.jpg

logo.png

I'd be majorly annoyed if I was a boss at Umbro. they have done some great work with City. Also they've now established a cool studio in town they were a brand on the rise again and this could be seen as a major blow.

I'm not sure who there most high profile team is now.

On another umbro note here is the new Referees kit for 2012 onwards:

%7Boption%7D

I honestly don't know who their main club team would be, though at least they still have England and Sweden.

The top club teams they have are Sunderland, Athletic Bilbao, Rangers and a few more that elude me. But Umbro has always seemed to focus on England first, clubs second so I think they'll be fine. I'm certain Nike realizes England's link to Umbro is much more important than City's. They only had a 4 year contract so it isn't as big as Liverpool's Warrior contract.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

Archived