2012-13 soccer kits

Saintsfan

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My USA top has arrived and it is a dandy.

Glad to hear it. Mine will be delivered some time later today. Probably while I am watching the derby.

Good stuff, gdu. Which version did you order?

Replica with no spots for numbers. I may order an auhentic, too, but I am not in soccer shape anymore, so I am not sure if I would like the fit of the authentic.

Glad to hear it. Mine will be delivered some time later today. Probably while I am watching the derby.

Replica with no spots for numbers. I may order an auhentic, too, but I am not in soccer shape anymore, so I am not sure if I would like the fit of the authentic.

That's the one I got. I wasn't feeling the way they applied the numbers to the replicas and my college budget dictates no authentic. Anyways, I prefer the full hoops look. I usually go without a player.

That's the one I got. I wasn't feeling the way they applied the numbers to the replicas and my college budget dictates no authentic. Anyways, I prefer the full hoops look. I usually go without a player.

Same here. I have lots of soccer jerseys (no other sport) but none with a player's name/number. I might have worn a Cobi Jones at some point (never did) but I am too old now to wear another man's jersey.

Same here. I have lots of soccer jerseys (no other sport) but none with a player's name/number. I might have worn a Cobi Jones at some point (never did) but I am too old now to wear another man's jersey.

I'll agree with that sentiment. I might have 1 or 2 with a player on it, but I feel like I'm just here to support the team. The players come and go but the team will always be who I support. Plus, I find I can wear them casually since they often have simple or classic looks. When you throw a number and name on it, it's not as "casual" outerwear...if you get what I mean. Not sure if I worded that properly.

I'll agree with that sentiment. I might have 1 or 2 with a player on it, but I feel like I'm just here to support the team. The players come and go but the team will always be who I support. Plus, I find I can wear them casually since they often have simple or classic looks. When you throw a number and name on it, it's not as "casual" outerwear...if you get what I mean. Not sure if I worded that properly.

I know exactly what you mean.

Why is it that so many Italian clubs seem to use their flag as some kind of motif somewhere on the jersey? Especially compared to how many clubs in other countries do it.

1 hour ago, BringBackTheVet said:

sorry sweetie, but I don't suck minor-league d

CCSLC Post of the day September 3rd 2012

I figured I would put a few pictures up of the new USMNT top now that I received it. I've put it next to the new away for comparison. As you can see in the pictures, it is essentially the same exact cut and template as the away jersey. The only difference I have been able to discern is in the collars. The away jersey has a tighter collar which rises higher on the neck. I suppose this is to be able to fit the red/white/blue stripe. The home jersey has a much looser, standard sized collar that is thinner in width. Other than that, the template is identical between the two shirts. Both of these shirts now have a "swooped" back hem that has not been used on past shirts. Neither better or worse, it's just there...

The sash on the away jersey is also much more prominent than the home version. I honestly forget it is there much of the time. I know some people have expressed disappointment that they forced it into the hoops, but I find it to be un-intruding and very subtle. I think it appears over exposed in the pictures. Looking at them side by side in real life, the sash is clearly visible on the away and very easy to miss on the home. At the least, it continues a commitment to a singular theme. If I had my way, I would probably go with hoops as the primary and the sash as away. You'd get the best of both worlds.

One thing I've found to be odd, but not really a problem is the color red on the two jerseys. The red in the collar of the away looks to be slightly brighter than the home top's hoops. Not much of a problem as they'll never be seen side by side on the field, but odd none the less. I'm not sure if you can tell in the pictures, but the difference in shade is clear. Maybe it has something to do with the material?

Overall, I think the new USA looks are very nice and give us a welcome splash of color on the road and at home. I think there won't be any problem identifying who is playing when we wear the hoops. It just looks incredibly American when matched with the navy shorts. It might not necessarily be my favorite USA look (though it is high up on that list!), but I do think it is one with the most staying power and recognition. Similar to turning on a game and knowing right away if Argentina, Croatia, or Holland is playing. It is very identifiable.

zjcm0p.jpg

why93s.jpg

8vsr6e.jpg

Archived